Theos_Mom
I had to put my dear little Theo down on July 15, 2014. I feel as though I let him down.

I had him for ten of the most difficult years of my life. He was always there to calm me down throughout it all. 

I took him for a check-up seven months ago, and the vet told me that his liver levels were slightly elevated, and to check them in six months. I SHOULD have gone to another vet to have them look at him. At six months, Theo stopped eating and regurgitated his food. His vet didn't know what was wrong, and referred me to another vet...but it was too late.

I'm SO sorry for not saving your life, Theo!

I love you forever!
Theo's Mom
Quote 0 0
sneakers_momma
I'm so familiar with this kind of regret! And I'm so sorry for your loss. Try not to beat yourself up too badly.
Quote 0 0
Regina_125
Theo's Mom - I'm so sorry for your loss.  I too have so much guilt and I believe it is part of our healing process.  My precious little girl is gone almost 8 months and the pain is still very raw.  I have to admit that some days are better than others and then some days are so hard for me.  I miss my Bailey so much and often replay her last days, hours and the end.  The "what ifs" can consume me. 

I pray that you forgive yourself as I'm sure Theo loves you and is at peace.

Warm thoughts are coming your way!
Bailey's Mom
Gone from this world but never from my heart!
Quote 0 0
MurphysMom_0831

Theos_Mom wrote:
I had to put my dear little Theo down on July 15, 2014. I feel as though I let him down.

I had him for ten of the most difficult years of my life. He was always there to calm me down throughout it all. 

I took him for a check-up seven months ago, and the vet told me that his liver levels were slightly elevated, and to check them in six months. I SHOULD have gone to another vet to have them look at him. At six months, Theo stopped eating and regurgitated his food. His vet didn't know what was wrong, and referred me to another vet...but it was too late.

I'm SO sorry for not saving your life, Theo!

I love you forever!

I'm so sorry about your Theo. It's obvious you love him so much and he was a wonderful blessing to you when you needed it most.

I understand how you are feeling. My Golden Retriever, Murphy, had to be put to sleep June 18 after spending 13 days in a specialty hospital with surgery, feeding tubes in his belly, everything you can think of. He had stopped eating and then began vomiting. My vet couldn't diagnose it either and that's how we ended up at the hospital. At surgery they found massive pancreatitis and then his kidneys started to fail. I had him for 9-1/2 years, which were the best of my life thanks to him. Murphy, too, was with me for some of the most difficult years. They truly become our partners, confidants, lover boys and best friends.

Again, I'm sorry you lost Theo. Please know you are among friends here who do understand. If you have pictures you can post, I love to see who Murphy is playing with at the Rainbow Bridge.

Blessings,
Murphy's Mom (Kathryn)

"Sometimes there is a dog who is so special, he is able to wrap himself so completely around your heart it is impossible to tell where you begin and he ends."  For My Beloved Murphy, 08/31/2004 - 06/18/2014

http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/MURPH121/Resident.htm

http://s327.photobucket.com/user/kathrynbrown1626/library/?sort=6&page=1
Quote 0 0
susiebeagle
Regina: "I miss my Bailey so much and often replay her last days, hours and the end.  The "what ifs" can consume me."

I do this for a few hours every day, particularly when I take walks (by myself)
Quote 0 0