Carmenlovesmollie
Mollie was put down tonight. She was anemic and not responding to any medication and slowly becoming weaker and weaker, breathing heavy, heart pumping abnormally fast, trouble walking, etc. this all happened in the time span of 3 weeks after we found out and I couldn’t believe this was actually happening. Just a month ago she was running around chasing soccer balls, squirrels, and enjoying her walks until slowly that all started diminishing. I’m devastated, I can’t believe this just happened. I came home and couldn’t help but look at all her toys and her bed and just realize that she will never be here with us in our home, it is so quiet. I miss her so much and I can’t fall asleep. My head is pounding, I’ve never felt this pain in my heart before and I can’t even eat. This is just so painful. I am happy she is no longer in pain and struggling, she gave us her last kisses before she was put down. I will remember her last goodbyes forever. She was the sweetest dog I’ve ever met. The most gentle soul who touched everyone she met. I love her and will miss her so much.
Quote 0 0
HamLuv16
My heart feels your pain. We lost our Hammy 2 days ago and it was fairly sudden as well. Complications we didn't know the full extent of.
I'm glad you had a sweet goodbye with her that you can always remember.
Quote 0 0
Momtozeus
I’m so sorry for your loss carmenlovesmollie,
I also lost my baby boy 2 weeks ago today and I understand how you feel because I feel the same way. Zeus was my best friend and my baby boy and coming home to see his bed ,bowl,toys etc.. killed me. But w weeks later they are all still in place and I don’t know when or if I will ever put them away . I also had to help Zeus cross the rainbow bridge, and it was a very quick decline in him and many vet visits and medications until we found out it was a massive brain tumor and there was nothing we could do for him. I still cry myself to sleep, but I am also remembering him when he was healthy and happy and that brings me comfort.
This forum is a wonderful place to talk about your grief and meet others who feel the same so you won’t feel so alone as you heal.
I am sure mollie is watching over you now and sending love.
Michelle
Quote 0 0
redgirlraven
I am so very sorry.
AR
Quote 0 0