jimmy17 Show full post »
LUCYLULU
Oh Jackie~  I am so sorry having missed your Christmas message to Jim. We really have travelled this long road together. I feel as if I know Jim. Your Disney dog has touched me and so many people here-- just as he touched so many people in his lifetime. And it brought it all home to me...that we made it through a second Christmas without our babies. Last year, Christmas was a complete fog. I've few memories of how I got through it. Worked extra & stayed away from the house as much as possible. Then I remember crashing & not wanting to get out of bed some days or even leave the house. Finding the Rainbow Bridge forum saved me. Thank you for all of your support this past year. I do not think I could have made it without you and many other giving, understanding, empathetic people. And you have helped so many new forum people whose loss is recent. Jimmy is still having a positive impact. Truly-- thank you so very, very much!

The quote/post above 'I'm really there' brought me to tears welling up and a smile-- at the same time. It reinforces what I believe. Jim and Lucy really are with us. Our love is too strong to just fade away. So I will hope that you get even more signs,  strong connections & messages from your Jim today and in the days ahead. It doesn't change how much me miss them. But when I get a sign, it brings a calm, warm moment as if I took a deep, cleansing breath. I feel like Lucy was right there and I always thank her. While we picture Jim playing over the Rainbow Bridge-- with all of his forum friends-- it's still nice to know they can be with us too :-)  Huge hugs, Kasey
Quote 0 0
jimmy17
Hi Kasey, yes we`ve both travelled this long road together, along with quite a few others who all joined this special site around the same time. I really don`t know where the last 12/13 months have gone - but I know for most of us it felt like time was standing still at the very beginning, and as you say last Christmas seemed to pass by in a complete blur. This forum has proved to be the biggest of blessings for both of us, and I am so very glad when we are able to connect with all the "newcomers" - even if it is only to give the tiniest hope that it is possible to work through the devastating loss of our beautiful little one`s, and that it will be possible to smile again one day at all the wonderful memories they have left for us. 
 I found the quote on my facebook " on this day " page, which one of my friends posted to me - and while it does bring tears, it also brings it home that Jim and Lucy are still here with us - and always will be.  Like you with Lucy, I`ve had so many little signs that I just know are from Jim - letting me know he`s ok, and I can almost see him and Lucy and all the other little friends running around having fun in the sunshine.  Thanks again Kasey, you really have been such a support to me and so many others here. 

Big hugs, Jackie
J Taylor
Quote 0 0
jimmy17
Hi Jim, a New Year has started and it reminds me so much of last year - the first  in 17 years that you were no longer with us, and although that deep sense of grief has been replaced with so many lovely and happy memories, we both love and miss you so much still. You really were such a good little dog, and were always there for us  - I got it so wrong in thinking that we were there for you ! I hope you know just how much joy and happiness you brought to our home - and we want to thank you for being a part of our family. Enjoy running free and happy over the Bridge - and if you meet up with my dad, give him a big lick from us ! 2a49ac36112d23122ca9171f22cc9e24.jpg  Scan0009240x320.jpg 
J Taylor
Quote 0 0
Molly_Beagle_Mom_4ever
Hi Jackie, another beautiful photo of your handsome Jim. They really do take such good care of us. I love the saying too...right beside us where they belong, forever. They will continue to take care of us, all the while fooling us into believing that we take care of them. I am almost a year behind you, still so much in sadness, but your posts give me hope as I see your love for Jim and happy times shine through. Wishing you much more warmth and love from Jim.

Dawn
Love you infinitely our little Molly. Forever and ever XOXO
Quote 0 0
jimmy17
Hi Dawn, thank you for your lovely words about Jim - I am so glad to give you a little hope that things will eventually start to get a little better.  I know just how I felt this time last year - and it really is so hard to see beyond the next day, or even hour at first.  Molly will be doing her very best to help you through - I could almost hear Jim saying "Come on mum, don`t be sad - I`m still with you".  Keep looking out for little signs from Molly too, and keep talking to her.   Huge hugs.
                                                                              Jackie
J Taylor
Quote 0 0
Bailey15
Hi Jackie,
I thought a lot about Bailey this Christmas as well. We have Charlie, as you know, and we love him a lot but Bailey will be a part of my heart and soul forever - just as your Jim is always with you. I love the quotes you posted Jackie - and of course your beautiful pictures of Jim! I know he had a rough start in life but it was a lucky day when you and Brian adopted him and I know you both felt the same. I read something recently about grief and I wish I could remember where, because I thought about it later and it seemed to make so much sense. It said that we don't really go through grief as we've always thought. We just go for periods in between mourning. I feel that the terrible, initial shock and pain gave way to a sadness and sense of loss mixed with such beautiful and treasured memories. It is a journey that we are on for sure - not one that we ever wished for but along the way it really was wonderful to have met such caring and supportive people like you and Kasey, Sampson, Stacie, Cam and so many others... The other thing I have seen through all of the sadness and grief is that there are so many people who cared so very much for their sweet pets and how wonderful for those pets to have felt what many animals never do: real love. ❤️ I hope they can take some comfort from that.
Happy New Year Jackie. I hope that all of the beautiful memories you have of Jim will be a source of comfort for you throughout this coming year. MJ Xxxx
Quote 0 0
littleguy
he is just the sweetest and most innocent  looking boy I think I have ever seen ,that picture and that quote are priceless and yes we do need to thank these babies as they have truly taught us so much in life and in their passing as well .as the song goes I could have missed the pain but I would have had to miss the dance and that dance will last us all a lifetime .hugs and comfort to you .

lttleguys mom 
pamela meadows
Quote 0 0
jimmy17
Hi MJ,  yes, Bailey will remain forever in your heart and soul - even though we will miss them for the rest of our lives. Christmas just brought so many bittersweet memories, as I know you will have had too - though I know the beautiful little Charlie will have been trying so hard to make you smile!.    That is such an interesting quote about grief, and it makes such a lot of sense - the sadness of loss is always there, but we do have times when we feel more able to deal with it - times when we can look back and remember all the happy times.  I watched a video of Jim the other day - he`d be around 12 years old at the time, and we were on the beach having a great time, he was running in and out of the sea - racing up and down the sand and basically acting like such a young pup - when it ended both myself and Brian were laughing at just how happy a dog he was - and really that is all we want for all our animals - to give them a happy life full of love.  Like you MJ, I so wish that all animals could have that. 
 A Happy New Year to you too MJ, and that`s another thing about this special forum - that amongst all the sadness, we get to make such great friends - people we`d never meet as we are scattered all around the world, so in a little way we have to thank Jim and Bailey for bringing us together. 

Hugs from your English sis! xx
J Taylor
Quote 0 0
Bailey15
Hugs right back to you Jackie! Such a sweet thought!! I can just see Jim, Bailey and all of the other beautiful pets smiling and feeling happy and satisfied with themselves! Xxxx
Quote 0 0
msweet13
Dearest Jackie - I posted this in response to your post on my Brutus' page but I also wanted to add it to yours and your sweet Jim's page. He is a very handsome boy and I really like his looking all comfy tucked into bed...

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your kind words. It sounds like Jim was also your heart dog and the loss of a heart dog is epic. I did get a copy of the book "Heart Dog, How to Survive the Loss of your Canine Soul Mate" written by Roxanne Hawn. I recommend it highly for those who have just lost and for those farther along in their grief journey. 

What I find extraordinarily beautiful and wondrous about this site is that every single member is in their own way in a very dark place or are just beginning to move into a less dark place because I believe grief doesn't go away, it just ages. And yet, each and every one rises above their own dark to offer light and warm, heart felt comfort and condolences to each new entry, each new heart break, and each new lost soul. How very wonderful is that!!

God bless you Jackie and may the sweet memory of your dear precious Jim continue to wash your heart and soul with comfort and love.

Denise (Brutus' Mom)
Brutus von Dolce
06/19/2006 - 03/16/2018
RIP my sweet beautiful boy
Quote 0 0