WeeMom
It's been almost two months since I lost my little boy, Wee.  It was the most devastating, unbearable experience of my life.  However, little by little, with the help of my family, I've managed to progress through my grief and guilt feelings and reach some sort of acceptance.   I can walk around the house and look at all of his favorite spots and think about him without breaking down.  But today, for some reason, I can't stop crying.  Every time my little four-year old daughter says, "I miss Wee, Mommy," I can't hold back the tears.  It is like a knife through my heart.   My birthday is in a little over a week and I can't stop thinking that this will be the first birthday I celebrate in 20 years without him.  And I don't even want to think of the holidays.   
I've been blessed that my kitty has sent me signs and visited me in my dreams, but sometimes, like today, the pain is so profound.  Will it ever go away?

-Mary (Wee's Mom)
Quote 0 0
sopsad
Yes Mary................The profound pain will go away. We lost our Sheepdog Sophie this last Tuesday. By using this Forum and sharing will all of us your pain and devastation of losing Wee................well we all know what it's like. Our pain is fresh and I even had to go riding a while ago 'cause Sunday was Sophie and her Daddy's day to be together. So it's a tough day today.

In one moment I want to call an Old English Sheepdog breeder and the next I wonder if I can go thru this any more. When our 1st OES passed in 1999, I happened to look at the classifieds one Sunday. And that's when I told G that I have to go see these OES pups in the paper. Well that turned into bringing home two beautiful sisters.....Sophie and Sadie. Ten years ago I told them that they would take another piece of my heart one day, and they have. Sadie passed away Jan 08. So yes, it's a price you and I have to pay for the love of these animals and the love they give back.

Maybe I'll find that I do have another piece of heart to give to these wonderful creatures that God has sent us. The memories of Wee and Sophie will take over completely one day and yes the profound pain will at last ease. Take care and we'll all hang in there for each other.

Mike

Quote 0 0
Susie_Squillions
Dear Mary,

What a blessing it is that your family have been so patient and comforting during your early days and weeks of such deep sorrow.  I'm so sorry to hear about your loss.

Grief comes in waves, and some days it hits us like a brick, out of the blue.  It sounds like Sunday was one of those days for you.  I hope that you are having more smiles than tears today.  We all understand how it is to miss them so much, and we will be here for you any time you need to communicate your feelings. 

20 years.  Wow!  Bless you for giving Wee such a terrific life! 

Reading that Wee has sent you signs and visited you in your dreams put a smile on my face.  That is such a precious gift. 

I came here in 2004 after losing my Bengal Cat, "Wee Bud" (one of his many nicknames) to intestinal lymphoma.  As soon as I saw the word "Wee" in this thread, I felt that familiar tug at my heartstrings and I wanted to post a reply to you right away.  I have attached a picture that we titled "Wee Bud" so you can see one of the Bridge Angels your Wee is spending time with now.  ;-)

Please come back and tell us more about Wee when you're able to.  I look forward to reading his story.

You, your family, and your sweet Angel Wee are in my thoughts and prayers.

My heart is battered and bruised, but I will not let it break. It holds such precious cargo, I must protect it now. (Susie Squillions)

"Memories of loved ones are like songs in our soul." Margaret Wakeley

T.J.'S RESIDENCY:
http://RainbowsBridge.com/residents/TJ006/Resident.htm

BUDDY GUY AYRES~LYNCH'S RESIDENCY:
http://www.rainbowsbridge.com/residents/Buddy128/resident.HTM

KING BING THE GOD CAT'S RESIDENCY:
http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/BINGO009/Resident.htm

In one of the stars, I shall be living.
In one of them, I shall be laughing.
And so it will be as if all the stars were laughing when you look at the sky at night.
~ The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Quote 0 0
WeeMom
Dear Susie,

Thank you for your reply.  I have no doubt my Wee and your "Wee Bud" have become fast friends.  
Please visit my little boy's rainbow residency page.  The more people who read about him and our love story which spanned almost 20 years, the better I feel.  He really was a special cat and we shared a bond that can never be replicated.  

-Mary (Wee's Mom)
Quote 0 0
jasminesmom
Mary, I as so sorry for your loss. I'm sure Jasmine opened the gate at The Bridge and showed him around. Wee is with the other furbaby angels watching over all of us.
My thoughts and prayers are with you,

Cheryl and Angel Jasmine
Cheryl and Angel Jasmine
Jasmine was loved
Jasmine was given ProIn
Jasmine is now gone
http://RainbowsBridge.com/residents/JAMIN001/Resident.htm
Quote 0 0
Susie_Squillions
Dear Mary,

I just visited Wee's residency and read his story.  Tears are flowing as I try to type this.

Thank you for sharing so much about life with Wee, and all the ways he kept you entertained, perplexed, and so happy.  He was sent to you for a reason.  You asked why he chose you of all the people in the world.  He chose you because it was meant to be.  You needed him as much as he needed you, and no other person would have understood him and accepted him as he was. 

You said, "That's when Wee's pain was healed, and mine began."  At that point, there was no holding back the tears. I so often tell people that they gave their best friend the greatest gift of love by assisting them to the Rainbow Bridge.  I always say, "You ended his (her) suffering, knowing your own would just begin."  I have been blessed so far in that my Bridge Kitties each chose their times to leave, but I know that one day it will be up to me to make that decision for one of the ones who are with us now.  I hope I will have your courage and strength to keep my promise to never let them suffer needlessly.

Thank you so much for sharing Wee's story.  I will always remember it.

xoxoxo

My heart is battered and bruised, but I will not let it break. It holds such precious cargo, I must protect it now. (Susie Squillions)

"Memories of loved ones are like songs in our soul." Margaret Wakeley

T.J.'S RESIDENCY:
http://RainbowsBridge.com/residents/TJ006/Resident.htm

BUDDY GUY AYRES~LYNCH'S RESIDENCY:
http://www.rainbowsbridge.com/residents/Buddy128/resident.HTM

KING BING THE GOD CAT'S RESIDENCY:
http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/BINGO009/Resident.htm

In one of the stars, I shall be living.
In one of them, I shall be laughing.
And so it will be as if all the stars were laughing when you look at the sky at night.
~ The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Quote 0 0
Princess
Oh Mary first I send you ((HUGS)) it is hard I know.  You have moved to another level you are remembering more and more of the good times you shared.  I hate to say this but meltdowns will always come, my Princess has been gone 4 years next month and I still have "those days" .  I just let them come, I know that markers like birthdays will always bring the emotions flooding thru our veins and that is ok. It is ok to cry and to laugh they are forever a part of us and the one thing I can say is with time the  bad times become fewer.  Hugs and continued prayers of healing
Debbie Princess, Kaizer & Maddie's mom
Quote 0 0