Thunders_Mum
We had an urgent sounding knock at the door on Monday morning at 7.4oam. We answered the door to one of our neighbours who had our cat in his arms..initially shocked that he had maybe been hit, followed by the reality that he was dead already shuddered through me. I took him to check if he could be woken or if there were any signs of injury, but he just looked like he was actually sleeping, he was still warm but non reactive. My other half had let him out at 4am after eating as normal. Even a passer by hsd seen him at 7.15am as they had walked by. Leaving us with the thought that our beautiful cat had somehow died within half an hour of previously sitting surveying his land under our campervan. We are still in disbelief, I don't want to inflict myself on anyone at the moment as I am always tearful and not good company. I just want to be away from noise and try to remember him. He was only 13, so not old, but he lived with a heart murmur, so wondering if it was this that cut his life short. He was the very bones of our family and I just miss him so much. I feel hollow inside and my brain is broken. Cats are so special, how does everyone cope?
Quote 0 0
Jan_H
I am very sorry for your loss of your sweet, handsome boy, Thunder. Clearly he was very much loved and had a good life. I know it's hard to lose him suddenly. I hope you can find some comfort in knowing he was enjoying a normal day (eating and surveying his land) and remembering all the good times you had with Thunder.

My condolences,
Jan
Quote 0 0
GBs_Mom
I'm so sorry for your sudden loss. He was a beautiful cat, and I'm sure that you gave him a ton of love. I'm sure that not having time to prepare mentally for losing him is compounding the shock. Finding some solitude was a good move. So was coming here. There are a lot of great people here who have been through the same thing. Nobody can really make it all better, but it can help to share with others who understand and know you're not alone.
Quote 0 0
Becky1990
Thunders_Mum,
I am so sorry for your loss of your furbaby. He is beautiful! As a matter of fact, he is the same color of my furbaby that I loss 3 weeks ago today at the age of 19. You are right, cats are so special. They do give us unconditional love and they show it to us. It sounds like he had a wonderful life doing what he loved the most. Mine was a outdoor cat as well, except I made him come in at night. About the last month before I had to let him go, he was only staying out like a half hour, so I knew it was time for him to stay in our enclosed back porch. I seen him slowing down and was afraid he wouldn't come back. Not knowing, would have been unbearable. Im grateful that he lived that long but I miss him sooo much.
Unfortunately we have to go thru the greiving process to cope with our loss. And yes, it hurt like hell. I am so glad I found this site. There are many people here that is going through the same thing and we help each other. Please share your feelings here. It helped me tremendously and people here do not judge because they are feeling the same way at different times of the process.
Just try to remember that our furbabies had a wonderful life and even though they may not be here physically, they are always in our hearts and is right by our sides. Hugs xx

Quote 0 0
Gingers_Mommy
I'm sorry for your loss. And this is how I too lost my fur baby Ginger. She went out at night and I was told by a neighbor that she was hit by a car. My home is empty without her. My heart aches. I cry in waves. You're not alone in your grief.
Quote 0 0
Stealthcat
I am so sorry to hear about your beautiful boy!  I know how devastating it can be to lose a furry family member, I lost my cat Stealth on 9/21. The house can feel so empty without their presence, and I certainly understand the grief. Their unconditional love for us can leave a hole in our lives that takes a LONG time to process. For many of us, our pets weave themselves into our lives for over a decade, so of course it will take a long time to cope with them not being there. I hope you continue coming back to this forum, because this group really empathizes with you. 
Quote 0 0