et61
My beloved Sweetie died expectantly on April 8th after a week long stay at a vets office trying to diagnose his problem. Sadly they called with the dreaded news that I'll never forget - Sweetie passed away the day I was going to get him and bring him home. My heart sank. I didn't eat for 4 days and spent the weekend in bed. We had him cremated but haven't brought myself to look at his ashes or even a picture of him. He was my best friend. We live in a new state and have no family or friends and Sweetie always brought a smile to my face and now that is gone. I was doing a little better but for some reason today hit me really hard and can't stop crying. I miss Sweetie and it's hard for me to imagine never seeing him again. I feel so lost and depressed. Just when I think I'm doing better, it hits me again and HARD. I know the pain in time will subside. I just miss my baby. Six years was not long enough. I wish we had more time with him.
Quote 0 0
Baileysbro
I'm terribly sorry for your loss.   I lost my Bailey on April 19, 2016 at 10:25 pm.  It was a very sad day.  Like you, I don't feel like much doing much of anything and the crying and sometimes wailing come in spurts.  I can be OK as far as being OK is under the circumstances, then suddenly something will set me off.  I thought will pop up or I'll look over to where he usually was laying down and wham I'm a train wreck all over again. 

Like you, I'm having a very rough time of it,  especially since Sweetie was hospitalized.  Again terribly sorry for your loss.  

Bailey
October 31, 2002 - April 19, 2016 10:25 P.M.
My best friend, my companion, my love

[e8de4bc1-77ae-4da2-9834-109b68b6cda8]

[Paws-for-the-News-Grieving-the-loss-of-a-pet] 
Quote 0 0
et61
Thank you. To hear he had passed was awful especially when I thought I was to take him home
I can be OK and then something will just make me start crying all over again. I hate this
Quote 0 0
Baileysbro
Did they keep you up dated daily on his condition.  I really do not trust vets that much--I also do not trust people doctors that much either--they seem ridiculously callous and business like.  I know there are plenty of good ones, but then you get the interns and newly licensed who think they know it all.

Looking forward to picking him and then getting those awful words would be devastating to me as well. 

Bailey

Quote 0 0
et61
Yes but the vets were very good and keeping me updated on his condition took awhile to find out he was bit by an infected tick was going to start the medication and he passed away
Quote 0 0
Baileysbro
Yeah, that happened to me too.  Got a tick bite by an infectious tick.  Not fun.
Bailey

Quote 0 0
Goza
Our stories are similar. My boy was 6 years old. He got bitten by a snake and stayed at the vets for 2 nights. I picked him up. That night he just didn't seem right so we rushed him back to the vets. We got sent home after an hour & half when he was stable and it took us 5 mins to get home and the vet called as we walked through the door and he had passed away! He shouldn't have come home when he did, he should have stayed on the drip and he might still be here. I'll never forget that devestating phone call. We got chopper cremated too. He sits in the lounge where I can see him. I talk to him all the time & I cry all the time. I hope things get easier for you and for everyone else that has had their hearts shattered!! xo
Quote 0 0
Bailey15
I am so sorry for your losses! It is so devastating to lose such an important part of your family. Bailey was really like our child and best friend all rolled into one sweet little dog. I really sympathize because I know how awful that pain is - hoping you are all able to find some peace! :)
Hugs all around,
MJ
Quote 0 0
et61
Goza wrote:
Our stories are similar. My boy was 6 years old. He got bitten by a snake and stayed at the vets for 2 nights. I picked him up. That night he just didn't seem right so we rushed him back to the vets. We got sent home after an hour & half when he was stable and it took us 5 mins to get home and the vet called as we walked through the door and he had passed away! He shouldn't have come home when he did, he should have stayed on the drip and he might still be here. I'll never forget that devestating phone call. We got chopper cremated too. He sits in the lounge where I can see him. I talk to him all the time & I cry all the time. I hope things get easier for you and for everyone else that has had their hearts shattered!! xo
Quote 0 0
et61
What a similar story and do sorry for your loss. Getting that phone call was devastating. I still can't accept his ashes yet. Hugs to you
Quote 0 0