Forum

Author   Comment  
nemo

Reply with quote  #1 

my beautiful black 4 year old cat chose me when i was looking through a shelter.  he was about 8 months old. i had an illness and he was always beside me when i took naps or rested. when i recovered i have never had a pet who was so loving and affectionate  he followed me from room to room during the day and was always by my side.  i have never had a cat who licked me.  i took him to the vet on friday to have a recurrent abscess debrided.  two hours after i dropped him off, the vet called me to say that a routine pro-op feline aids test revealed that nemo was very ill with aids.  i was stunned and devastated.  he added that nemo would endure a rapid downhill course and probably not heal if he did the planned procedure.  i chose to have him euthanized.  i did not want to see him suffer (i had noticed weight loss and heard him groaning at times but had attributed this to the stubborn abscess).  i cannot express my profound grief.  i was not there when he was killed and now i think maybe i should have been there to comfort him.  he really was my friend and constant companion when i was home.  the house is empty and my husband tries to understand.  i am so sad.

dustyangel

Reply with quote  #2 

Dear Nemo's mom,

My heart goes out to you in your loss.  As you described, your Nemo was always next to you when you rested, and I'm sure you miss that terribly.  A friend of mine, just this morning, e-mailed me and reminded me the following: 

"you grieve.......

as hard as you loved......"

Chicklet's mom

(here at Rainbow's bridge)

Just take some comfort that your deep love for Nemo, is eternal.  I picture he is now at the Rainbow, angel wings received, and is gently and lovingly watching over you, his mommy, from his sunshine-filled spot at the Rainbow.  Your grief is a tribute to the love he gave to you while he was with you. 

God bless you,

Karen (...Dusty...DJ...and Patches mom...)

http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/DUSTY101/Resident.htm

"Perhaps they are not the stars, but rather openings in Heaven where the love of our lost ones pours through and shines down upon us to let us know they are happy."
~Author Unknown~
pollypurebred

Reply with quote  #3 
I understand how empty your home is without your sweet Nemo. He's left a void too big for words. How wonderful you have such wonderful memories of your Dear Sweet Boy. It sounds as if he loved you as much as you loved him. He sounds so much like our Girl. My Sweet Suki Girl was my constant shadow, never left my side. She worried on me something fierce whenever I was ill. I'd like to think that Suki and your Sweet Nemo Boy are keeping each other company while they wait for us. She always did love kitty cats and I'm sure she misses her feline friends here who have yet to join her.

Keeping you close in prayer tonight,
Polly
jasminesmom

Reply with quote  #4 
nemo,
I am so sorry for your loss. I believe we grieve for our lost furbaby because they were such a constant in our lives. Jasmine was there, following me, watching over me, every minute of everyday for 13+ years, and then on 09-04-09, I had to help her to The Bridge, where she is free from pain. The only thing that has got me thru this is that I do believe she is playing and eating and running with her cousins. She is at peace.

My thoughts and prayers are with you as you continue to mourn your loss,

Cheryl and Angel Jasmine

Jasmine is now gone
http://RainbowsBridge.com/residents/JAMIN001/Resident.htm
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.