baivoss
We suddenly lost our sweet 13 and half year old Chocolate Labrador, Rusty on April 27, 2018. Screen Shot 2018-05-01 at 2.00.24 PM.jpg    

Rusty, we miss you so much. Our thirteen years together are years I will never forget and will hold close to my heart forever. You were the most special boy and so loved by everyone who knew you. Always at my side through all the good and bad in life, showing constant unconditional love. I can’t help but think we didn’t deserve you. I wish I could have been better for you. Cherished you more while you were here. My heart aches knowing I have to miss you with every bit of me for the rest of my life. But I know you’re free and roaming endless fields with all the peanut butter you could ever want.

I love you forever Rusty.

I am really struggling with the sudden loss of our baby. I can still hear is paws tapping against our hard floors but when I turn around he is not there. I cry every morning and every night. Managing to keep myself distracted throughout the day just enough to stop crying, but when it hits me again it's like I'm there losing him all over again. It's been us two since I was a little girl and he was just a pup and now my world feels empty. Reading through other stories has helped me so I thought I would share our story in hopes of it offering some peace and comfort. 
Bailey Voss
Quote 0 0
xxcesarxx
RIP
Quote 1 0
msweet13
Dearest Bailey - Rusty is a beautiful boy. I am so so very sorry for your loss. I lost my Brutus about 6 weeks ago and I still cry every morning and every night, and sometimes a lot in between. He was 11.5 years old and he was my everything. It is hard to imagine my life without him. We need to hold on tight to the thought that both Rusty and Brutus are running around without any pain or wants and that they will always be with us in spirit. I still talk to Brutus as if he is still here and I do believe that he hears me. So talk to Rusty and tell him how much you miss him and love him. I love when you said that he can now have all the peanut butter he wants. I just bet he heard that and wagged his tail! Grief is a very hard road to take and we have to believe and have hope that things will get bearable and a time will come when we will be able to smile when we remember the love and joy they brought into our lives. Again, Bailey I am so sorry for your loss. The people here on this site are amazing and reading their stories of pain and how they have coped with their loss will give you great feeling that you are not alone and your feelings are very normal. Warmest hugs and sweet blessings.
Denise (Brutus' Mom)
Brutus von Dolce
06/19/2006 - 03/16/2018
RIP my sweet beautiful boy
Quote 1 0
baivoss
msweet13 wrote:
Dearest Bailey - Rusty is a beautiful boy. I am so so very sorry for your loss. I lost my Brutus about 6 weeks ago and I still cry every morning and every night, and sometimes a lot in between. He was 11.5 years old and he was my everything. It is hard to imagine my life without him. We need to hold on tight to the thought that both Rusty and Brutus are running around without any pain or wants and that they will always be with us in spirit. I still talk to Brutus as if he is still here and I do believe that he hears me. So talk to Rusty and tell him how much you miss him and love him. I love when you said that he can now have all the peanut butter he wants. I just bet he heard that and wagged his tail! Grief is a very hard road to take and we have to believe and have hope that things will get bearable and a time will come when we will be able to smile when we remember the love and joy they brought into our lives. Again, Bailey I am so sorry for your loss. The people here on this site are amazing and reading their stories of pain and how they have coped with their loss will give you great feeling that you are not alone and your feelings are very normal. Warmest hugs and sweet blessings.

Denise, thank you so much for extending your kind words. I am so sorry about your Brutus, he is so handsome from what I can see from your photo. I feel him and my Rusty will be great friends wherever they are. It does help to know others feel this same pain and I am not alone in this recovery. Thank you so much for offering me some comfort. 
Bailey Voss
Quote 0 0