KarenG
Hello all 

Today is 9/19/2017.. exactly one year since my Katie passed.. shortly after last September I started this thread
https://forums.rainbowsbridge.com/post/missing-my-sweet-katie-8257653?&trail=15

I have been feeling her loss more today on her one year anniversary and it doesn't seem like a whole year that I have been without her.  Every day she is close by in my thoughts.  Some days I am focused on other things and the grief isn't as intense as it was last year.. so it does get easier.. but for me it hasn't gone away.  Her things ... her paw print, her hair, her leash and collar are still put away since last 9/19/16... maybe tonight I will get them out on this one year anniversary.  

I haven't posted much lately but I still occasionally return to this forum.. thank you guys so much for your support throughout this last year ..  Its good to know there are others out there who have similar grief for a very special one lost. 

Still have not gotten another dog yet.. I sure miss having one but it just doesn't seem quite right yet.  Me and Tazzy kitty are making it alone for now.. and have actually gotten a bit closer. 

Katie.. your mom (and Tazzy) still thinks of you and loves you...always.  You will always have a special place in my heart... forever.   

Quote 0 0
gizmomybaby
Hi karenG my boy gizmo is away 6 weeks tomorrow am realy struggling, am lost and the pain in ma hart is terrible. I have one fur baby left candy but my world is upside-down, I know I will go on bt I will never get over losing my son x thinking of you at your baby's anniversary x annemarie
Quote 0 0
Molly_Beagle_Mom_4ever
Hi Karen, I remember some of your prior posts and beautiful photos of Katie. I'm still a few weeks away from that one year mark with my dear Molly girl, but I can already feel the loss intensify again as time gets closer. I seem to be referencing everything in terms of "this time last year". I don't know where I'd be without the support of people on this forum.

I know Katie is enjoying lots of fun and treats with all of our babies at the Bridge, and I hope she had some time today to show you how near she stays to you. She's always your best little friend, always sharing time with you and Tazzy. Big hugs to you all from Molly and me.

Dawn
Love you infinitely our little Molly. Forever and ever XOXO
Quote 0 0
oggy22
Hi Karen,

I totally get where you are coming from. I am feeling the same emotions almost a year to the day since I lost my cat Smudge (22/09)

I hope you are ok and stay strong and think of the happy times (easier said than done I know)

Best regards
Quote 0 0
KarenG
Thank you all for responding.  It looks like I survived the one year anniversary but it was kind of like pulling a scab off a wound and feeling all the pain again.. I cried a lot yesterday.   I feel for all of you who recently lost their babies... and for the anniversaries coming up.  I do remember Dawn and Molly beagle and Oggy and Smudge from way back last year.   Time goes by so quickly...its hard to believe another year rolling around.  

The vet from Lap of Love that came to the house on 9/19 last year sent me a very sweet email yesterday.. so nice to remember like that.  Below is a poem from the email.  

In Our Heart

We thought of you with love today, but that is nothing new.
We thought about you yesterday, and days before that too.
We think of you in silence. We often speak your name.
Now all we have is memories, and your picture in a frame.
Your memory is our keepsake, with which we’ll never part.
God has you in his keeping.
We have you in our heart.

[image]

[image]

Quote 1 0