stellasMOM
My beautiful Stella, it has been 18 days and I am missing you more as the days go by. My heart is so broken and our life feels so empty and strange without your beautiful spirit by our sides. When I wake, I reach for you and when I return from work, I wait for you to come  out of the door to greet me at the car, and when we eat, I look down where you always laid beside me, waiting for your morsels, and when I go to bed, my baby girl is not there. I miss you desperately and the grief consumes me. I am so grateful to have been your mama for 11.6yrs and for the beautiful life we all shared. As I always told you, "I love you all my life". There has been no greater love......You Are My Sunshine.  xoxoxo
Quote 0 0
camunki
what a sweet, beautiful note for your Stella

Its still very new and raw and your Stella still knows you love her.

Yes, our hearts get broken on this path of grieving, it is very hard, i think we miss the "physical" part of seeing our babies. I am going on
6 plus weeks so around 42 days, I still cry everyday, BUT, I still have very fond memories, enjoy looking at pics of my baby, and know
that she is safe and happy at her new place called the Rainbow Bridge.

Wishing you peace....

Cam

Cam

Quote 0 0
stellasMOM
Thank you so much Cam. I take it minute by minute. 

Peace and blessings to you also on your journey! 

Stella's mom
Quote 0 0
Candys_Dad
Hi Stellasmom, 

Sorry for the loss of your friend.

I believe the loss/grief felt in the passing of a pet or human is proportional to the love you had and still have for that beautiful being. 

Your beautiful Stella had over 11 years with you and i'm sure she had all the love you could give and she gave it back as much and if she could have told you she would have said as much.

15 months on I still miss my lost baby, I like to think it's because of the very powerful love I had for her. It does get easier but the memories always remain and for me I like that. 

I hope your heart heals and all your precious memories remain. 

Candy's Dad 

Quote 0 0
stellasMOM
Thank you Candy's Dad for your kind words and compassion! Its all hard right now. Our Lab Stella followed us literally everywhere and was a constant companion to us, so every step without her has to be relearned and all of our trips for 11.6 yrs included (and revolved) around her. We are still missing our boy Olly who we lost 10/30/14 at the young age of 6! I know the hurt will lessen, but it is fresh and raw now. However, the joy and pure love Stella brought to us remains in our hearts and we will cling to that. I woke thinking of her and missing her and I started crying and my husband said, "Look the sun just came out", and I think it was her telling us that life has to go on and we will always be connected in love.  

Here's to all of us who have known a pure, perfect, and beautiful love!

((hugs)) Stella's Mom
Quote 0 0
LUCYLULU
Hi Stella's Mom & Everyone~

Thank you for writing. I so feel your pain & the hollow sounds...in my heart & coming home into a quiet house. Made the heart & gut wrenching decision to take my Lucy's pain (14 yr/2 mo Wheaten had from 8 weeks)...on 11/10/2015. Still having wonder/regret (?) & replay even though she was suffering so. I hope that your pain lessens because as you miss your Stella...we all can truly relate. I read how we give our pets/dogs as much time & love as we can-- between work & all the stuff in our lives. But our dogs give us all of their time & love every single moment of the day. 2 things that have helped me-- just a little bit-- are Marianne Soucy's Pet Loss site & a book called 'The Divinity of Dogs' by Jennifer Skiff'. Then again you likely understand when I say just when I think I am doing OK-- something reminds me & I feel that overwhelming, wave of grief & loss. It's because we were lucky enough to have the true love, spirit, connection to our dogs. 
I hope that each day you can heal...and savor all of the 11.6 years that you loved Stella!

Thank you.
PS: first time posting here though reading the posts has helped
Quote 0 0
stellasMOM
Thank you LUCYLULU. I am so sorry for your grief and sorrow also. We are all connected in our grief, but also in the glorious love that we have known being able to raise, nurture, and love these spectacular souls and beings. I was just sitting outside on this warm, sunny North Carolina day drinking coffee and by habit looking down at my feet for her...she was never more than a few feet away. These are the moments that are difficult, and yet, the moments that make me realize how truly blessed we were to have had her in all of her magnificent beauty and unconditional love and loyalty!! Every moment without her is new still and we will relearn to live without her physical body, but will never be without her gorgeous, loving spirit.

Peace and Light   xoxoxo

Stella's mama and papa
Quote 0 0
stellasMOM
Today is a very difficult day...missing your sweetness and love. 

xoxoxo mama
Quote 0 0