missingmax620
We had to say goodbye to my sweet 13.5 year old boy, Max , today and my heart is broken.

He was in really good health for a dog his age and size but in a freak accident he fell jumping off our sofa on Saturday night and dislocated his hip. In a panic we took him to the emergency vet and they reset his hip but it was clear he wasn’t coping and recovering well. His pain meds were making him terribly sick and he was clearly miserable not being able to move around. We were so afraid that even after he “healed” he would dislocate the hip again when we weren’t home since the vet said it wasn’t a matter of if it happened but when given his age.

We got a few days in to shower him with love but this afternoon we said goodbye and I am honestly devastated. I know in my heart that we did the best thing we could for him but saying goodbye to him is the worst and hardest thing I’ve ever done. I’ve been crying on and off since Saturday night and I don’t know how I’m ever going to move on. .
Quote 0 0
Snowflaker
I’m so sorry to hear about your boy, Max. I’m glad to hear you guys were able to give him the best last few days you could. I don’t think there’s ever a moving on. You guys definitely made the right call in my opinion. Obviously, the hardest, but definitely the right one. I hope time helps you feel better. I feel as though being on here helps. Trying to help others, and writing my baby letters. I hope you can also find something to help ease the pain.
Quote 0 0
missingmax620
Thank you for your kind words. I know it’ll get better with time but I’m always going to miss him.
Quote 0 0