Tinky1 Show full post »
Tinky1
Thanks Cinderskitty - I find comfort in knowing that Buster will never leave me. I had to go to the supermarket tonight and i felt so sad as i came out with only food for me. I made a point of averting my eyes from the cat food and biscuits on offer on the shelves so I didnt tear up and embarrass myself but when i got home there was noone there to enqiure if id got anything good and meow to be fed.

I had my tea all alone as opposed to with a furry black purring mass on my knee. Just as i was getting myself comfy on the sofa I thought I saw him just before I sat down - I guess it must be my grief playing tricks on me again. I miss my friend so much. It feels so very lonely without him.

xx
Quote 0 0
Bre
I am so sorry for your loss. I also recently lost a kitty. She was the first kitty I adopted once I moved out on my own. I had her for 9 years. I have found that it does get easier each day. It's been 10 days for me.. I still cry ..just about every morning and evening. But it does get better. I have also found making things for her helps.. making art.. writing.. visiting the forum and just knowing you're not alone. Our animals are so special.. I really do feel like they never leave us.. they are just here in a different way after they pass. I hope you find peace soon and know that you did the right thing. And know that Buster is in a better place and free from pain. You did the right thing and you will meet again <3
Quote 0 0
Tinky1
Hi Bre

I saw the photo of the bookmark you put up earlier - what lovely words - I do hope their true :).

I only lost my boy on Friday and its all so very raw still. Everyday there is some part of my daily routine that I am now doing by myself.

I find this forum very useful too - its good to have a sympathetic outlet for my grief. I am still dealing with the fact he is gone from this world. I speak to him every day as I always did as although he doesnt reply anymore I at least get some comfort from knowing hes listening to me somewhere.

take care

sarah xx
Quote 0 0
Marie123
I see little reminders of my girl Raven everywhere and even though it's been 4 months I still miss her so much! I'm glad I've got the other cats newts and garden snails but EVERYONE in my little family knows we're a member short. Theres good days and bad days, that's for sure. We're all on a bumpy road and some stretches are worse than others. It's the little things, like you said, Tinky, like seeing the cat food at the store or drinking your coffee or tea alone. But it's true, I don't think they ever truly leave us. Their love stays with us, strengthening us when we're especially sad, reminding us to keep on living and loving.
Blessings to all here-🐱🐺
Quote 0 0
Tinky1
So it nearly one week since my special boy passed away. Can't believe it - it feels like forever and I still can't believe he's never coming back. The house is so deathly quiet without him and I miss him so much. What I wouldn't give for a cuddle right now and to bury my face in his fur - I feel so desperately lost without my faithful friend. I miss you special boy:(
Quote 0 0
Marie123
Hi, Tinky! Just wanted to reach out to you and tell you I understand what you're feeling. Even with my other animals here there's still a big Raven-less hole in our family. Like you said what you wouldn't give for one of their cuddles. I had a plush replica made of my girl. It helps a bit but of course it's not quite the same. It's so hard when they aren't there. You shared a bond with your kitty that reminds me a lot of Raven and I. In the words of Edgar Allan Poe "We loved with a love that was more than love." I talk to Raven like she's still here. I think they hear us too.
Just know my heart goes out to you right now. This part of life's journey is horrible. But you're not alone. It might not seem like it now, but you aren't. I hope you can find some peace knowing that. Some days I feel as if I'm losing my mind. I just have to remind myself there's others in the same boat. But you just have to take it one day (or second) at a time. Your boy still loves you, that's certain. Don't ever stop thinking he doesn't! 😺
May you find some peace and I wish you all my best!
Marie 🐱
Quote 0 0
Tiggermom
Hi Tinky1,

I understand your feelings too.  It's been a week and a half since I lost my angel Tigger.  I still cry when I do things around the house and he is no longer here to
help me out with them.  It seems impossible that I won't see him again here.  It does help to be able to write about him here in this forum and have someone
read and acknowledge our writings.  Just one kind word means so much.  Thank you to all who have commented. I was at the candle lighting session on Monday and
it did help to attend the remembrance for all who have crossed the bridge before us.  All such sweet, kind, loving people there.  Thank you to all.
Krystal Khalim
Quote 0 0
Tinky1
Hi Marie.

I've been having a bad day with my grief today plus I think my other half has had enough of coping with me as he's more or less told me to pull myself together. After one week. I guess he's just had a busy day :/ but all the same I think ill confine myself to sharing my grief on here in future !.

I'm glad you've had a nice day with the animals, Raven would have liked that :). I talk to Buster most days which helps and I've lit a candle for him every day this week as it helps me remember he's watching over me. Its just hard sometimes dealing with the fact he's not coming back xx
Quote 0 0
Marie123
I know, TiggerMom. It's weird not having Raven here to "help" make the bed and fold the laundry. I see little reminders of her everywhere and it hurts. Like you said this forum is a huge help. It's like in a way our babies are still watching over us in our grief, making sure we all found this place to grieve, to comfort one another, to celebrate their lives. They never stop loving us. That's for certain.
Take care, all. 🐱
Quote 0 0
Tinky1
Thanks Krystal

Im not having a good day today and I could do with one of our special cuddles. It breaks my heart to know ill never have another cuddle with Buster again. I kind word does mean a lot - that your not alone and that somebody somewhere understands and wont get fed up hearing about how much you miss your friend. I think its really sad that people cant understand how special that bond is - every animal has its own personality just like people, I dont know why you wouldnt give someone the same sympathy when their special friend passes away. Im so glad I found this forum so I can talk about my feelings.

Thank you for your kind words, it helps a lot

sarah xx
Quote 0 0
Marie123
Hi, Tinky. I know about the whole pull yourself together bit. It's like they think we enjoy feeling like this! Some days are harder than others, aren't they?
I didn't get as upset as I thought I would yesterday on my birthday but I didn't feel like doing much either. It was Black Cat Appreciation Day as well so I made the day about Raven instead. I even made a donation to a black cat rescue in Raven's name. It helped. But there's some days I just wish she were here! Grief comes and goes. There's times when you can think about them and smile, and others where you think you're going nuts.
I'm glad you talk to Buster. He hears you, don't doubt it for a minute. Your bond will never be broken. He's your guardian angel now, just like you were his. That's a love that will never fade.
Blessings 🐱
Quote 0 0
Tinky1
Thanks Marie.

Happy Birthday for yesterday. Its hard to feel like being social when someone special is missing. I've been ignoring the appreciation day as its a bit too painful for me at the moment, I'm hoping that eventually ill get to the stage where ill be able to remember Buster happily as opposed to just feeling sad because he's not here anymore. I think donating to a blsck cat rescue is a lovely idea - ill hsve to try and find one in my area :).

I'm a bit annoyed about the pull yourself together thing - its only been a week after all, I can't just be expected to just cope straight away. Hey ho at least I can come on here and vent my grief :/xx
Quote 0 0
Marie123
Yeah I don't blame you for ignoring the Appreciation Day one bit. I totally ignore Mother's day because my Mom's gone and now this year it was twice as bad with my fur baby gone. I'm her Mom, gosh-darn it! So yeah it was bad this year. It takes time to heal, that's for sure. And thank you for the birthday wishes. I was a mess that morning but not as bad by afternoon. Still without Raven there to make a mess with the wrapping paper and ribbon it wasn't much fun. She was always literally in the middle of things.
The "pull yourself together" deal makes me mad too. If the person saying it truly cares, they'll let you take your time to work through it. Don't let it cause you to bottle your feelings. That can lead to other problems later. Like you said this forum is great for this type of thing. Everyone here understands. This is our babies continue to show their love, by guiding us to sites like this, so that we can be comforted and give comfort to others, just as they took care of us and we them.
Hugs to you 🐱🐺
Quote 0 0