Skeet15
My beloved cat, Skeeter passed away 4 days ago. God blessed me with him for 15 years and everyday was precious. I've lost multiple beloved cats, but this one seems to be hitting me extra hard. Maybe it's the special bond we had; maybe it's because Skeeter has been there for me during the pandemic; who knows? I'm not sure what happened and it's causing me such guilt. Skeeter had been presenting with blood in his stools and had tenderness in his abdomen. Vet mentioned an ultrasound, but I was not putting a 15 yr old cat through that. Skeeter went outside in my fenced in backyard(as always), came inside, ate treats, and then he's gone. I'm so guilt-ridden, thinking there's something I should've done; something I shouldn't have done. I consider myself a Christian and know that Skeeter is now at peace. Prayers for all of you who are sharing my loss, heartache, and gutwrenching guilt.
Quote 0 0
Einstein
Hello,

I know how you feel. I have also lost numerous dogs and cats over the years. My beloved cat, Deysi, passed away about 16 days ago. Deysi (my companion of almost 14 years), and I had an incredible bond. 

I learned from the death of my father at an early age that living in the present the best I could bring peace to my mind. Having read a lot of books and had numerous of conversations with my colleagues and students also taught me to be fully present in the moment. Obviously that takes a commitment and it is a journey. Please give yourself enough time to grief, but don't be afraid to open your heart to love another cat or... Yes, the bond will most likely be different, but...  I'm in another state now taking care of my mom and her pets, her dogs and cats bring joy into my life. Being a math professor at a major research university for many years taught me a lot about handling grief...

Being fully present in the moment is supposed to be a challenge and take a commitment to achieve, but it is also doable if you...  We will always live in particular times and places, but we may overcome the idea that this is a limitation. 

The heart remembers most what it has loved best and the mind will always remember your beloved cat. May fond memories comfort you and bring you peace. 

Best wishes,
Einstein
Quote 0 0