jinglesneko
My 21 year old red ear slider passed away yesterday. 

I feel so sad, so empty. He has been with me since I was 9 years old. I thought he could live forever, but he left me.

I called for cremation services, which will also scatter his ashes in the sea. Wanted back his ashes but my family do not allow.

Now i regretted cremating him. There is no place to remember and visit him. Should have secretly buried in the public garden near my house.

But its too late now. I am so sad.
Quote 0 0
William
Jinglesneko:
You had your baby for a long time. I do understand some people don't allow ashes. There are other things you can do. Did your turtle live in a tank of some sort? You can make a memorial in the tank.
I'm sure you have pictures. You can collage the pictures.
I know someone that has a turtle that has a steel tub that they bathe the turtle in. If so you can paint your turtles name on the outside, use it as a planter or something. Think outside the box. There are many things you can do other than the ashes.

I'm sorry for your loss
Kim and William
Kim
Quote 0 0
jinglesneko
It still feels so raw inside. I cannot come to terms with his death. It's so sudden, so quick, no obvious signs.

I also worry for his turtle companion who lived with him in the same tank and with me for 21 years also. He will also be missing him so very much.
Quote 0 0
William
It is an awful feeling for sure. Time will help some of that raw pain. But our lives will never be the same.

Yes, I would be concerned about the other turtle. Can you speak to a vet about what to do on this case?
Kim
Quote 0 0
jinglesneko
Yes, I can contact a vet.

I still cannot believe he is dead. He looked like he was sleeping when I called for cremation services. There was no change in colour in his skin, his head and tail were shrunk into his shell. However, his eyes have completely sunk into the sockets, such that they look empty and the rest of him are flaccid, cold and unresponsive. Could not detect breathing either.

The first stage of grief is so hard to pass.
Quote 0 0
William
I'm so sorry. It is so difficult and there's no easy way to soften the blow of the loss.

The poor thing I wonder what happened to him? So sad.

There is a chat room here at the RainbowsBridge. A lot of people to support you and guide you

The link is right under the pet loss forum. It's 8p-12 eastern standard time

Mayb that would be helpful.
Kim
Quote 0 0
jinglesneko
Still now, I still cannot understand why. He was pooping ok, eating ok and although a bit slower in recent weeks, no signs of sickness and everything .

On the day of his death, he still played with me happily. And then suddenly just died.

My mom says he may have died of old age. But he is with me for only 21 years old.
Quote 0 0
CrazeeCatMom88
Hi Jinglesneko,

I am so sorry for your loss. I lost my cat about a week ago. I am currently renting an apartment and therefore did not want to bury my cat here. I also chose not to kept his ashes because I don't really have a good place to keep them and honestly, cremation is so expensive. Instead, I have gathered his food bowl, collar, and favorite toy and I am going to bury those things at my parent's house where I can always visit. Another user also suggested writing a letter to express how much I love and miss him. Because his death was so sudden I didn't get a chance to say goodbye. I am planning to write the letter and read it to him before I bury his belongings. I will also bury the letter as if to bury all my love with him to keep him warm.

I am sure that you will find the perfect way to memorialize your precious pet. It may take you a few days or weeks to before you can think clearly enough to find it, but you will.
Quote 0 0