Amandax2
My friends say "perk up" get another dog.  They don't get it.  Its about driving to the house and not having you run out to meet me.  Its about walking across the field and you not being there with that tail flying like a flag. So happy ands full of life. Its about going out on the deck and seeing the empty pillow where you loved to lay,  Its about looking at the place by the chair where you liked to be at night  Its about not having you here to love.  We have gone through so much together.   Its about how much I love you and how hard it is to not have you here. To my sweet baby forever in my heart. 
Sue Martin
Quote 0 0
Gambysma
I am sorry for your loss Sue. I am Shelby and said goodbye to my sweet Gambit just 3 days ago. I know those people are out there, the ones who don't get it. The one's who think you can just replace these important members of our family. I understand that despair. I see Gambit's favorite mouse and realize I will never see him prance into the room carrying it in his mouth, like a proud little hunter. I see his pal Kato wander the house looking for his snuggling companion and not finding him, and it makes me cry. Right now every little thing seems to be a sad reminder to me that my sweet boy is gone. I have people in my life that don't understand my hurt, but know that I understand your pain Sue and hope that we both come to a place of peace that allows us to remember our babies with smile and laughter, instead of a flowing stream of tears. God bless you Sue. Let's hope Gambit and Peaches are playing together, wherever they are. 
Quote 0 0
Amandax2
Thank you. I am, so sorry for your loss.  It means a lot to have this forum to go to where people do understand. It is such a comfort to us all.  May we all find joy, hope and most of all peace in the coming new year.  
Sue Martin
Quote 0 0
jj
Sue,
I wish I could be there with you so you can talk and talk and talk to me and tell me and cry and say everything about your pain. Friends and family become the worst enemies during our grief, they turn from someone who seems to participate in our cheery life to devastating us in an already unbearably devastating time. I can't stand those people anymore and have estranged myself from them. they are no longer considered family or friends. Someone needs to tape their mouths shut. 

your true friends and family is here on this site, people whose souls have been made whole by the love of an animal... a beautiful, precious and beloved child of Mother Earth and Creator.

jj 
Quote 0 0