Nate
rsz_brutus.jpg 
He just passed a couple weeks ago. I took him in literally almost 20 years ago to the day when he passed. I originally had another black cat that presumably passed away from a heart attack because he just fell over while walking. So the next day I took him to the vet to see if they could find out what happened but it was too late and while there, they had Brutus in a cage and they said someone had just let him run loose. I definitely wanted to find another black cat like the previous one I had and even though Brutus had quite the attitude problems, I still adopted him and had him for a long 20 great years. He was also definitely a unique cat because you can't see it in this picture but on his left nostril, he had a bubble which the vets determined did not affect his breathing in anyway so they asked if I wanted it removed and I said no leave it.
Quote 0 0
Lamont
"let him loose" ?
Do mind my asking, was he found or just gone?

L
Bertie's Daddy
Quote 0 0
Nate
Well the vet found him wandering so they assumed the original owners just let him get out.
Quote 0 0
Marie123
Awww Brutus is adorable! I love black cats. I lost my beautiful black kitty Raven almost a year ago. 20 years is such a long time! Bless you for taking in a cat that might otherwise never have had a chance and giving him such a long and wonderful life. I don't know why people just turn animals they don't want out like trash, but it sounds like you and Brutus were meant to be together. Whoever didn't want him missed out. You gave him such a great life, it sounds like. Just know that Brutus will always remember this, and will watch over you and love you always, just as you did for him when nobody else did. You two had a special bond, and that can never be truly lost.
Blessings to you at this hard time 🐱
Quote 0 0