MissingMady
My husband and I met and bonded over our dogs. We took our dogs on our first date. He told me I would fall in love with his Border Collie Mix Mady and I not only fell in love with her, I fell in love with him too. I was lucky to know Mady for 4.5 years of her 14 year life. She had a special bond with my husband and would always cuddle with him. She was my Shih Tzu Matilda’s big sister and partner in crime. She loved running and getting into the trash. I don’t know how we are to forge on in life without her. How long does grief last and when will we adjust to the new normal?
Caitlin Reynolds
Quote 0 0
MissingMady
Plus the worst thing about her passing was that it was so sudden. One night without any warning she started stumbling and was struggling with breathing. She was very lethargic all night and could barely breathe until the end in the morning when she took her last breath. How do you deal with having no time to prepare?
Caitlin Reynolds
Quote 0 0
Molly4always

I’m so sorry for your loss of your dog.  I lost my kitty suddenly; I took her to the vet because she wasn’t breathing well and they discovered she had cancer.  2 days later I lost her.  Not as sudden as what you’ve gone through but still devastating beyond belief.  It happened so fast and she acted so normal, it was hard to believe she was so sick.  There’s really no way to prepare for something like this.  You grieve, you cry and you feel so guilty wondering if you did something different she wouldn’t have died.  But somehow you get through it but it takes time.  You adjust to a life without your baby that you never wanted.  But you never forget her, not ever.  

My deepest condolences on your loss.  May your broken heart heal in time.  I think it’s so hard because they’re like babies who never grow up.  Precious, sweet, adorable babies that steal our hearts forever. ❤️

Quote 0 0