Lucy6161
Hello to all.
My name is Lucy , I live in the UK. 5 weeks ago I had to have my handsome ginger cat put to sleep , he was 15 and this Monday just gone my 15/16 year old white shihtzu terrier cross died .
I cannot tell you the loneliness and emptiness I feel right now , heartbroken doesn't even to begin to describe how I'm feeling.
Quote 0 0
tr4822
I am so sorry for the loss of your beloved furbabies. It is heartbreaking and overwhelming to lose them even though we know we will outlive them. I just lost my sweet senior Shepard girl 6 days ago and I'm still not doing very well with the loss. The love we have for them and the love they give us back is immeasurable and as strong as any love can ever be. Hope you find comfort in the coming days ahead. Regards Tom R 
Thomas H. Rhodes
Quote 0 0
Lucy6161
Lucy6161 wrote:
Hello to all.
My name is Lucy , I live in the UK. 5 weeks ago I had to have my handsome ginger cat put to sleep , he was 15 and this Monday just gone my 15/16 year old white shihtzu terrier cross died .
I cannot tell you the loneliness and emptiness I feel right now , heartbroken doesn't even to begin to describe how I'm feeling.
Quote 0 0
Lucy6161
My babies , now at Rainbow Bridge xx
Quote 0 0
jimmy17
Hi Lucy, I am so sorry  - losing your two precious babies within such a short space of time is just heartbreaking.  The grief is overwhelming at first, and can sometimes feel as if we`ll never be able to be "normal" again, all we want is to somehow turn back the clock......     I found this forum almost 28 months ago after I lost my little dog Jim - he was 17 and 4 months old, and was the absolute love of my life - losing him was by far the worse thing that had ever happened to me and I know family and friends thought I should be able to "get over" his loss within a matter of days/weeks.    I also live in the UK, and to be honest there is not that much in the way of support after losing a beloved animal  - so finding this wonderful forum was such a relief for me.  Just knowing that the way I was feeling was normal,  and being able to relate to all the others here who understand exactly what it means to lose their babies was probably my first step on the way to healing, so I really hope you find comfort in being here too.        It is a long road, and sometimes it can feel as if its one step forward and two steps back - it really is a testament to just how very much we loved them.....

Big hugs,  Jackie. xx

J Taylor
Quote 1 0
Lucy6161
Thank you Jackie .
Your words have been a comfort to me this afternoon especially. I'm home alone, trying to keep busy but welling up all the time . My heart is feeling broken . I haven't had Buttons ashes back yet so another hurdle to cross .
Your boy Jim looked gorgeous by the way.
Thank you again

Lucy
Quote 2 0
jimmy17
Hi Lucy, thank you for your lovely words about Jim.   Trying to keep busy is good, but I know that thoughts of Buttons will always be at the forefront of your mind right now.  Looking back to when we lost Jim,  the first few days/weeks passed by in a state of disbelief - almost a kind of shock,  but strangely enough when we got his ashes back it did help in a way, just knowing he was back home where he belonged was a little comfort.   Just remember that you gave both of your babies a beautiful life - both lived to a really good age ( even though in reality we want to somehow keep them with us forever).  Take care Lucy.

Jackie. 
J Taylor
Quote 1 0