kansasgirl

Tomorrow it will be a week since my darling golden retriever passed away and tomorrow would have been your birthday.  It doesn't seem like it's been a week already.  I am so lonely.  I can't stand to be in the house by myself.  I'm o.k. if my husband or the kids are home, it's bearable.  But when I come home, the house is so quiet.  You were my constant companion and friend.  We shared so much together.  I don't know if that void will ever be filled.  I've shed so many tears that I wonder if they will ever stop.  I pray that we'll see each each other again some day.

Quote 0 0
Sheri_H
Golden retrievers.. oh such amazing dogs they are! I haven't had the pleasure of owning one myself, but, one of my friends had one named Sunny.. she had so many cute nicknames for her, too. I had the honor of "dog-sitting" Sunny a few times.. She absolutely adored her mommy (my friend). She passed away a few years ago & I still think of her literally every time I see one on tv, or when one is even mentioned.. crazy.. I didn't even own the dog but she sure had an impact on me.. So sorry for your deep loss of a wonderful family member.. I understand that lonely, empty feel at home. I had a cat named Rico we had to have put to sleep just over a week ago (I still can't bring myself to use that "other" word). My husband & I don't have human children, so Rico was it.. I get off work & am home earlier than he is but last week I went by where he works just because I couldn't bear the empty home.
Tears will come & sometimes go.. we're all different in how we handle grieving, but if you feel like crying, do it. My husband has a hard time when I cry so I mostly do it when I'm by myself. Its ok, he's just handling things differently than I do & I don't hold it against him.. I think he might be afraid of breaking down himself (which I think would be more healthy for him). Anyway, know that you are among friends here. This website is helping me immensely as I go through my grieving. Again, I am so sorry for your loss..
---------------------
Please visit Rico's residency:
http://www.rainbowsbridge.com/residents/RICO002/Resident.htm
Also, more pics of Rico can be found on my Facebook page:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?id=1291163525&aid=2023119#!/photos.php?id=1291163525
Quote 0 0
baileysmom

I know how you feel. I lost my golden (Bailey) on Jan 18, 2010. I had him for 14 years and he was the best dog anyone could ever ask for. I am going through the same thing when I come home my house is empty. I am single and no childern so I have no else there to help distract me from my sorrow. I have been crying myself sleep when I do sleep. Bailey slept in the same bed with me and I just can't used to the feeling of not having him with me. I don't know if I will ever feel the same again. I am here for you if you ever need to talk. Goldens are such a special breed aren't they. Bailey was the on that always comforted me when I was sad now I have no one to comfort me when I need it the most.

Quote 0 0
breynolds

I completely understand what you are feeling, my beloved squirt passed on 1-25-2010 she was not a golden retriever she was a pug/terrier mix I took her in to get spayed she never woke up, I have been very sick for months and she was always right next to me all the time, I miss her so much and it seems like the tears will never stop.

Quote 0 0
caseysmom
I know too how you are feeling because I am feeling the same thing.  My sweet golden retriever, Casey died on Jan. 17, 2010.  He was 14 years old.
He was my third child.  My husband died many years ago and I raised my two sons alone.  The boys and I picked Casey out when he was a puppy.  What a wonderful, loyal companion he turned out to be.  I know in my heart that Casey didn't suffer and that I had to make the sacrifice to let him go, but right now I'm feeling selfish because I still want him here with me.  I hate coming home to an empty house as well.  I use to hear barking and now I only hear silence.  I know Casey is with the angels in his heaven and I'm left here to wrestle with the demons of grief.  Goldens are truly a special breed.  I miss his sweet, white face, I miss his tail wagging when he was happy to see me.  Casey was my constant companion and I know one day we will be reunited!!!
Quote 0 0
jan

I feel for you for losing your retriever, it is early days, it does get easier as time goes on, and you think of the happy times,We lost our retriever Winston 7 months ago he was 13, went everywhere with us, the house is so empty without him, but we gave him a wonderful life and Im sure we will be with them again one day    Take care       Jan

J catt
Quote 0 0