Forum

Author   Comment  
mamacatsmama

Reply with quote  #1 
Yesterday I had to have my sweet Dot put to sleep. She was a 14 year old german shepherd/golden retriever mix. We found out six weeks ago (the same week we had to have our Mama Cat put to sleep) that Dot had a mass on her spleen. It was an aggressive form of cancer called Hemangiosarcoma. It grew so rapidly in such a short amount of time. I knew yesterday when she had so much trouble getting up and walking that she was getting ready to leave us. She was breathing shallowly and her gums were pale. She wasn't interested in eating. We had our sweet vet come to our house and put her to sleep. We gave her vanilla ice cream and bacon and loved on her for the last time. I can't walk into any room in my house without expecting to see her there. I was her favorite person and now I feel so lost and devastated without her. Will I ever stop crying? 

Reply with quote  #2 
I am very sorry about the loss of your sweet Dot. You had a wonderful vet who was willing to come to the house and let Dot pass on to the Rainbow Bridge while eating  foods she loved and being surrounded by people who loved her. 

I don't know when you will stop crying. If you read this Forum some people are able to stop after awhile while others grieve for very long periods of time.  Everyone here is grieving now over the loss of their precious fur babies so you are not alone.   Your sweet Dot isn't suffering now, but you certainly are.  We relieve their suffering out of love and then take on the deep pain of our intense grief.  

I know how hard it is to walk in a room and expect her to be there and she isn't.  I have the same problem with my sweet baby cat Lenny.  He was always curled up on his bed near the heating duct in the living room and would jump in my lap when I walked in.  Now that spot is empty and bare.   

I hope that you will find some comfort in the kindness and support of people here at the Rainbow Bridge Forum and know that others understand your pain.

Reply with quote  #3 
mamacatsmama
I'm very very sorry about your Dot😔
Many Hugs to you...
mamacatsmama

Reply with quote  #4 
Thank you
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.