Anntolles
It has been 7 weeks for Tucker and 4 weeks for Rooney I'm finally digging myself out of this horrible depression and loss. We got a kitten from our local humane society. He is so sweet. Amazingly he has exhibited some of the traits of both of my dogs and I keep seeing them in my head. Rooney keeps saying they are OK and sooo happy. I also have been seeing cardinals and butterflies. I am very blessed to work with wonderful, compassionate people two of whom had recent pet losses. I still love my dogs so deeply and miss them but I know I will see them again one day. We are going to get another dog later this summer so we can save another life. It does get better gradually after some time passes and an ocean of tears
Quote 0 0
et61
Glad you are feeling better. It's been only two weeks since I lost my Sweetie and I'm in denial that he's really gone. I guess that's how I deal with it. I loved my cat and only had him for six short years (he was a stray). It saddens me to think that I'll never see him again and keep pretending he's outside playing and will be coming home. I know it sounds crazy but I loved him more than any of my other 15 (yes, 15) animals (we live on a farm). While we have 9 other cats (all strays!) no other cat can replace him in my heart. I feel lost without him. I'm glad you are going to get another dog and save another life. I think after all these animals are gone, I'm done. The heartbreak is too much to handle for me. I know it will get better. I've never cried so much at the passing of any of my animals.
Quote 0 0
Anntolles
et61. I have never cried this much either. Rooney was my baby. I almost coulnt function at first. I felt like I couldn't breathe. We both said initially we wouldn't get another dog for the same reason. But now I want one so much. I truly believe I will be with them again in the next life. We can't replace those we lost but we can love again. Please and prayers for you
Anntolles
Quote 0 0