Baileysmom2 Show full post »
Ozziemom
William wrote:
Good morning
I'm so sorry for all your losses. June 20 will be a month since we Put William down. I'm not at a point to say it's much easier yet. Staying home, going out, nothing feels right. I miss that feeling of walking in the door and having William treat me like a queen! You don't get that in the human world. There's nothing like our babies.
We had William from a small pup. He acclimated to the routines and life was so good for 14 years. He had a yearly physical that was fine and 2 weeks later he fell down the stairs. Things weren't right after that. He stopped barking which was HUGE for him. Walking was difficult, slept most of the day. Had to be carried up and down stairs. Lab work ultimately pointed to cushings disease.
Anyway, although he was neurologically intact Eating and drinking his quality of life changed drastically. I wasn't going to watch him go down hill slowly. The potential for a fall and breaking his back or having a seizure or who knows what else was not the way I wanted to end our lives together.
So, I do question... one more day? One more week? But at what price and for who's happiness.

It's so hard guys! I met some of you in the chat room last night and that was so helpful.
Let's carry on and hope for the day the raw wounds start to heal.
❤️🌈💕
Quote 0 0
Ozziemom
William I feel the same way I feel guilty that I am not home like i used to be I dred waking up every morning to face the day forcing myself to shower and get ready to go to work I can't even go on my deck let alone sit in my living room where Ozzie and I enjoyed just hanging out I do know that William and Ozzie don't like to see us feeling this way nor do we like feeling this way I can't wait till the moment I can smile when I get home knowing that he is there with me it sucks I too liked the chat room last night it made me feel not so alone and that we where all there for each other but then I had to start another day this morning I finally posted my thread about Ozzie wasn't ready to share my story and there is so much more I wanted to write
Hugs to you William
Quote 0 0
Nunusmom
Baileysmom2 wrote:
Question. Do you guys have other dogs? If so, how are the handling it? How are you helping them? I have 2. The one I thought would be least effected seems to taking it really hard. He's really sad. And he's normally a crazy silly boy! I hope you guys feel even the tiniest bit better today. Hugs.

No other dogs, just my Nunny. But, we have a cat and she has been very aware of the changes. I think she senses the grief in the air. Her normal actions are different.....it's like she wonders where he is. Today was the first day since, that she came to me asking for her daily treat. Her name is Chunky -- so that tells you how important her daily treat was to her. She was a feral cat rescue that has been around him since about 4 weeks old. She thought he was a weird cat and He thought she was a weird dog. lol  
Quote 1 0
Joytrujillo
Baileysmom2 wrote:
Hi. On Monday, we made the decision to let our 15 yr old Jack Russell go. About a yr ago he tore his ACL and due to his age surgery wasn't really a viable option. So we've known since then that we were on borrowed time. He's been declining since then but recently it seems to have gotten worse fast.

This feeling of sadness and loneliness and guilt is all consuming. I feel like it's never gonna end. My chest hurts. My heart hurts. I want him back.

What if he was supposed to have one more day? One more week? One more cuddle? It's still so surreal that he's gone. He's been with us since he was 8 weeks old. I knew Losing him was going to break me. And it has. I just wanna go to bed and sleep/cry for a month.

Anyway. I just needed to share. Thanks for listening.
Quote 0 0
Joytrujillo
I feel your pain, I just put my best friend miles to sleep, he was 15 years old and his hind legs were getting weaker and he was loosing weight,6 pounds in his last three weeks of life.the guilt I feel is huge, should I have waited and given him more time, I don't know, I was so sad for him, I didn't want to see him suffer, I feel horrible and I want my dog back, it's so hard, it's only been two weeks . I feel lost without him!
Quote 0 0
Baileysmom2
Joy, you sound exactly like me. The guilt is heavy. It's like a weight on my chest that just won't go away. But honestly, we all loved our babies so much. We wouldn't have done it a minute later because we knew it was time. I just can't accept that he's gone. Every time I stop thinking about it (which only lasts for a minute) as soon as the thoughts come back I feel like I got punched in the stomach. I miss him so so very much. I truly feel broken. But you guys are helping. It's good to know I'm not alone in my pain.
Quote 0 0
Ozziemom
Joy and baileysmom I feel the pain too the exact same way it's only been a week for me today and it hurts like a ton of bricks I think about my baby all the time I think too why did I have to let you go could I have more time he was so scared and in pain the thought runs through my head constantly I try to think other thoughts about Ozzie but it's hard I miss him so much we are all here for each other we are not alone hugs to you both 💔
Quote 0 0
Baileysmom2
So I was doing a bit better today. Until the vets office just called. His ashes are ready. I don't want a box with my baby's name on it. I want my baby. I can't stop sobbing.
Quote 0 0
Ozziemom
Oh baileysmom my heart go and pick up your baby and hug them close a bittersweet moment for sure it's ok to sob keep sobbing I am sobbing with you I haven't gotten Ozzie ashes yet but I hope it brings some peace 💕
Quote 0 0
TomK
I am waiting for the day the vet calls with my buddy's ashes.  Hope it is soon.  I have no idea what to expect from myself but at least I will have Trooper home where he belongs.  I have gotten to a point with his loss that I find unbearable.  The weird thing is I have absolutely nothing but good things to remember about Troop.  He was special.
Tom
Quote 0 0
Ozziemom
I feel the same way Tom just having him back home where he belongs I wish I could remember the good things I know i try my hardest but sometimes it turns back to the last moment looking into his eyes afraid my condolences to you hold Trooper close to your heart
Quote 1 0