julieandbaz777
I lost my precious boy basil on May 11th
We were together for 13 and a half years he was my constant faithful companion , im absolutely heartbroken , I honestly don't know if I will ever get over this , the house is so empty without him , I always said I wanted to be the last person he saw and I was , I held him while he slipped away and I don't know if i made the right decision , I feel so guilty but it was the right thing to do I know that deep down but it doesn't make me feel any better , I miss you my boy so so much x
Quote 0 0
Teesabell
Julieandbaz777,

So sorry for you loss!  I am right there with you.  I lost my dog Cookie on May 6.  Going on almost 7 weeks and missing her everyday!  I had her for almost 13 years.  It is so hard to manage the loss of our fur babies especially when our whole schedules wrap around them.  It is normal to feel the guilt and what ifs.  It helps to come to this site and read and respond to other posts.  Helps with healing!  Praying it gets easier for you and that God can provide comfort and peace during this time.

Terri
Terri
Quote 0 0
julieandbaz777
Thank you for you message, it means a lot to know you are
Not alone in having these feelings of sadness and
That there are other people in the same situation.
Quote 0 0
Bailey15
I am so sorry you lost your beloved Basil. It is one of the worst kinds of pain! I remember how empty the house felt when we lost Bailey back in November. I would stop at a store so that my husband would get home first as I couldn't stand walking into the house and not seeing Bailey dancing toward me. It is so painful, I know but it would have been so comforting to Basil that you were holding him while he slipped away. He was right where he wanted to be. I hope you are able to fine some peace.
My heartfelt sympathy,
MJ
Quote 0 0
winstonsmom12
Julie  i also am so sorry for your loss.  It is the hardest thing in this world to lose our companions and our loves.  Winston and i were together everyday for 12 years.  I knew the day would come one day, but when it did, I was absolutely devestated. Guilt comes along with our grief.  We know it was the right thing to do, but we constantly second guess ourselves.

I am still questioning myself.  Like you I knew it was his time and the right thing to do.  Try not to let guilt get in the way of making your decision.  We are the caretakers of our babies, and it is up to us to help them end their suffering and pain.  We do it out of our great love for them.  I like to think they are all over the bridge having a ball, and look down on us and thank us for  easing them out of their pain and suffering.  Hugs  Sue
Susan
Quote 0 0