shaye
its only been two days since my buddy boy passed but it feels worse than ever. we still feel like he's with us, we hear the sounds he used to make when he'd flop down on his bed when he was frustrated. we heard a noise that sounded like a sigh he used to make when my dad would pull up the blanket with him on it. it was all so weird because we were talking about him and those things at the same time. and weve had dreams about him the past 2 nights. ive read that they could be visiting us in dreams to tell us theyre okay. I know he'll always be here, I just hope he's safe and not in pain anymore. we pray that we get to see him the days that we pass. dogs are so sweet and always love you no matter what. never let the good memories of them leave. don't forget the bad, but replace them with the good and take care of yourself. after all, that's what they would want.
Quote 0 0
NormaT
Your boy is not in pain any more. It's us humans that feel the pain after they have gone and that pain can be all consuming.

Their unconditional love is such a precious gift. Oh how I miss coming in from work to our boy coming to the door with a toy in his mouth, his tail wagging so much it could start a tsunami and something else I can't really find the words to describe but just a kind of look and a bond that was special between us  - he knew I was home and I knew home was where I was happy. To be honest home is not where I'm so happy now he is gone. It's getting a little easier after these past 8 weeks but the house still feels empty without him. The first few days without him were , for me,  without doubt the worst days of my life.

I hope you are coping with your loss. When you say "we" I presume you have family to support you. Make sure you do take care of yourselves, share your feelings with your family and remember that the people here will support you too and know exactly how you are feeling.

Norma
Norma 
Quote 0 0
Haillesmom13
The pain doesn't ever really end, but it does become bearable to the point where the loving memories bring a smile instead of tears, and you can laugh at the silly ones. The love of a pet is the closest thing to parental love we have. It's so pure and absolute. I believe God gives us our pets as a way to express His love for us.
Hello, everyone. My name is Amanda, and I lost my beloved dog, Grr, a year ago in April. It was the day after his 9th birthday. I still miss him terribly. Grr was my dog. He loved my husband and kids, too, but he was MY dog. He chose me as his beloved, and I miss him so much! I always wonder if I could have prevented his death.
Quote 0 0
Bailey15
Hi Shaye,
First, I am so sorry for your loss! I feel you are so right when you say our dogs would want us to be happy! As Norma and Amanda said, their love is so unconditional and so pure. I think that is part of why we grieve for them so much - to lose that precious gift it so very difficult. I am sure that they will be waiting to greet us when out time comes. Meanwhile I like to think of them as being young, pain free and happy again (while they wait :)
Hugs, MJ
Quote 0 0
Evie123
So sorry for your loss Shaye, we all on here know what you are going through and are here to help support you. It's so hard when our little buddies leave us behind grieving and go off and all play together in that wonderful place at the bridge. He is at peace now and knows how much you loved him. Be kind to yourself and just try to accept this is the way we have to feel because we loved them so so much. Take care my friend. Xxx
Quote 0 0
shaye
thank you everyone. i am so happy to have found this place, you are all so supportive. im so very sorry for your losses, I hope you are all doing well. our little buddies are most definitely having an amazing time at the bridge and are healthy. hearing things like that make it much easier to get through the days without him. I just hope we can see them again soon. much love and blessings to you all. take care and thank you so much. <3 -shaye
Quote 0 0