Baby_123
My precious beloved indoor cat Baby ran away when my home was broken into in late June It has now been 81 days since he disappeared and my heart is broken. I miss him so very much and my grief is ongoing with no closure. I don't know if he is still alive and is lost, or if he is suffering, frightened or hurt, perhaps enjoying his new freedom, or is now over the rainbow bridge? I never got a chance to say goodbye or to hold him or comfort him. I have never felt this much pain before. It is ongoing, crippling, devastating and overwhelming. I do not want to give up hope as he may still be out there yet I know I have to move on in my life as he may not ever return home. I have tried everything conceivable to find him and continue to look for him daily. This beautiful cat gently stole my heart from the moment our eyes met. He has been the most loving companion and soul mate I have ever known. He has been with me through numerous losses, changes and triumphs. He never asked for anything other than to be by my side and love me unconditionally and with complete abandon. I know I was loved and adored and it is that love that sustains me now. Our love was mutual and I know that he felt that special love in return from me. I am so grateful to have given him this amazing gift of love. I miss his wide eyed looks, his continual loud purr when he was tucked up so close to me, his warmth, his loving gaze, his chubby belly. He would make me laugh just looking at him and he centered me and brought me peace in such a remarkable way. . I always thought that we would be long time soul mates as he was in good health and only 7 years old. I thought we would grow old together He is a cautious and frightened cat so his disappearance has made it even more incomprehensible. I thought we had many more tomorrow's. My other dear cat Clooney is the risk taker and my wild child. He is always trying to run out the door and climb the screens to hunt and explore. Baby was content to be curled up next to me and lay in a sunbeam by my side. As I try to comprehend and accept my loss and give comfort to my other cat who has lost a lot of his spunk and sense of adventure since Baby's departure, I continue to feel the pain deep in my soul. To read and understand what you all are going through and reading of similar feelings as mine, it helps to know that others understand and share my grief and pain.
Bev Sonnone
Quote 0 0
Radars_mom
I am so sorry! I too have had a cat run away, never to be seen again and it is a heart wrenching torture like no other! Her name was Mittens. I would have dreams about finding her in her favorite spot, as if she had been there all along, just waiting for me. It was almost like PTSD, as I replayed the last time I saw her over and over and over again... Scouring my brain for anything I could've done differently. But you know what? All that regret never brought her back and it didn't even help me in my grief. My closure actually came from an article I read about a cat who had ran away in the middle of a family's move across country. They had to leave knowing their beloved pet was out there somewhere, lost and afraid. Fast forward several years later and the cat was reunited with his family! He had survived on the generosity and kindness of strangers. A veterinarian testified that it is because of cats' ability to adapt and do whatever it takes to survive. So take heart, your dear Baby is either peacefully over the Rainbow bridge or he is living it up in the lap of someone who has welcomed him into their home and loving him. There is no in between because cats are WARRIORS. They're natural survivors. God bless you :'(
Quote 0 0
Baby_123
Thank you so much for your kind words and encouragement. It means so much! Yes, he is a little Warrior! I have been so blessed to have had so many warm, caring, loving people like yourself who have helped me during this very difficult time. I too had a cat in my childhood named Mittens. He lived a long beautiful life. Thank you so much for your kindness. God Bless.
Bev Sonnone
Quote 0 0