Becky1990
Well today makes 4 weeks that I had to let you go. God I wish you were here, healthy and happy again Shemp. You were playing with your mouse toys, about 10 of them because they got "lost." I could not find any of them ( i really wasn't looking that hard.)Well lo and behold one appeared yesterday. Of course it was under the couch and I had swept under there many times before. It made me smile and sad at the same time. I miss sleeping with you (and you hogging the bed lol), I miss you jumping up and laying down by me on the couch.
Some days I still expect you to be at the back porch wanting in for the umpteen time. I'm grateful to have had you for 19 years, but I am greedy and want more. This house is not the same without you!!! I think Gypsy and Toby still miss you too. You and Gypsy had a bond and you and Toby were together for only 3 years.
I love you baby boy and we will see each other again. Big kiss and lots of head rubs and behind the ear rubs. Love Mommy
Quote 0 0
Stealthcat
Becky1990, I am so sorry to hear about your baby Shemp. I am happy to read that you have so many fond memories that you can look back on and smile about, even if they also bring sadness. I know how it feels to have a house not feel the same without our loved ones in it. And you certainly had a long time with your boy, but I know what you mean about wanting more time!  It sounds like you gave him a beautiful life and he was lucky to have you in his! 
Quote 0 0
Becky1990
Stealthcat,
Thank you so much for your kind words. Yes, I am trying to remember the good times now. It's just the Thursday "day" that is getting to me weekly. I have had many cats, still do, but he was the longest one I had. Last year they said his blood work looked good for 18 years old and then this year I had to bring him in because of kidney failure and thyroid off the charts! We was playing that morning! Thank you again for your kind words. Hugs
Quote 0 0
Stealthcat
I totally understand, Becky1990. I have 2 other pets, but the one I lost was the oldest. I've certainly had those moments of disbelief as well - on Friday, 9/19, I had him cuddled in my lap and playing, on 9/21, we were saying final goodbyes. And last night, we picked up his ashes. It can be so overwhelming, devastating, and confusing. If only they lived as long as we do so we can cherish them for long. 

And everyone on this forum is amazing and very kind, it is so tremendously helpful. Some folks outside the group lack understanding, and it's great to have a place to share thoughts and feelings without judgment. 
Quote 0 0