loveme3
It's 1week and 2days since I let my baby go. My heart is still breaking and so raw. I can feel an actual pain in my chest from the loss of Elvis. When my husband died I felt this terrible pain and loss and I thought I would never feel this way again. Elvis was my heart and best friend. He was so loyal and I know that he loved me and I loved him with everything I had. He was so much more than just a dog to me. I wish I could show you a picture of him but I'm having trouble with my computer. He was black and tan and medium size. He was the most beautiful boy ever. His eyes were so gorgeous and I loved being with him. when my husband died I lost my sence of safety and Elvis brought that back to me. I tried so hard to give him that as well. I feel like I failed him because I couldn't give him what he needed. I know the doctor said it was probably his genitics but still I loved him so much and I wanted to make it better. I couldn't and now I have to find a way to live without him. It is so hard I really don't want to be here myself but I have a son who needs me along with other family members. I feel like I will never know the love that I had with Elvis.  My other dog who we've had for  6 months is so connected to my son that she hardly pays any attention to me and it makes it hurt even more. I have so much stress in my life being a single mom with a son who has issues. Elvis just made it better more bearable. My heart goes out to everyone on this site who is hurting. We can all understand loving an animal and having to let go. I hope that we're all able to find some peace. Thanks so much for letting me vent.
lori
Quote 0 0
Mistysmama
I am so sorry, and my heart goes out to you. This is so hard, I know. We have loved them so much but circumstances got in the way, or something happened. The vet could be right, that aggression could have been genetic. In which case there was nothing you could do. To keep Elvis going could have made things worse daily, until he had no peace of mind at all, and was constantly in a state of fear-aggression. That is a terrible situation to be in for a dog. Constant stress and no peace. At least this way he has some peace now.
It is so sad. I wish I could give you a hug. And I feel sorry about Elvis too.
Do send him your love. He will sense it and it could help him. But he will be in a much better state now he is in spirit.
Hold the love like a little light. It is all you have, or will ever have, to find your way home.

Misty's Blog..a Dogfight with Cancer http://www.mistysblog69.blogspot.co.uk

Misty's life after death: http://www.dog2spirit.com
Quote 0 0
julieandfurbabies
Lori I am so very sorry for the loss of your Husband and fur baby.  MY heart breaks for you x
Love Julie x
Quote 0 0
heartsick
Lori I am so very sorry for all of your losses.

The one good thing about your other little dog is
that she probably senses that your son has issues
and he needs her. That is most likely why she has attached herself to him.

Dogs are wonderful healer and I am sure she will help your son in
many unseen ways.

We all understand loss here.

Susan(heartsick)
Quote 0 0
viva80
I am also missing my baby. He got really sick and the vet told me I really needed to make a choice. he no longer would get up and he had cancer in his stomach. I held him while he left and my heart hurts so badly right now. I drove him to the mountains and buried him under a tree with his favorite toy and his blanket wrapped around him. sending him off with a heart felt prayer. I have a heavy heart now and can't seem to let it go. My Frenchy, my beautiful angel I miss you from the very depths of my heart. I have his sister which is a year older and her grief is as strong as mine, we both cry for you. Sugar, Peanut and I will miss you until time has ended for us here. May God hold you on His lap and fill you with the love He offers all His creation. I miss you buddy. Mom
Debra Sams
Quote 0 0
julieandfurbabies
Oh Debra I am so very sorry for the loss of your baby.  Frenchy will live forever in your heart xx
Lori I am so glad that you have another furbaby to help you with your broken heart. I wouldn't of known what I would have done without my other two dogs. I probably would have joined little Gemsie

My love to you all x 

Love Julie x
Quote 0 0