ShadowDad
My dearest daughter Shadow, it has been 2 months now since my hand touched you, since I last kissed you, and since I last looked into your eyes. When you left my angel, I did not want to stay here without you. I wanted to follow you and find you and be like we used to be when you were running and swimming and chasing squirrels. Losing you has seemed like a horrible dream. On one hand, I know that you had to go, but on another hand, I still expect to see you laying on your bed where I can touch you. I cry for you still every day. The bond that you and I had was something that time and distance will never break. I can still feel you when we used to do our "butterfly kisses" where I would kiss you ever so gently at the corner of your eye, and I can still feel you and remember when I used to give you "good ones" that were kisses on your nose. I can still feel your hands and feet my angel and feel your breath and remember the loving look in your eyes. Somehow my heart is still beating, but I don't know how-my soul is gone, it left the night you did. What I would give for just one more hug, one more kiss, one more walk. I guess no time would be long enough. You came to me twice in my dreams so I feel that you are in a glorious place, free of the pain you were in, free of the bounds of the sick body you were in, free to run, jump, swim, and do anything you want to do now. And for that I am happy. But there will always be a gaping hole where my heart used to be and a life that is hollow now without my baby girl. Nothing in this life will ever be as hard as losing my angel. Come visit me in our dreams again angel, and let me know how you are doing and how Buddy, Bullet, Dad, and Grandma are doing. My love for you is eternal. Even after my life here is done, my love for you will still live on. To the most wonderful baby girl to share my life with, what a time we had. I love you my "Gift from God". Caddy
Quote 0 0
Mistysmama
Dear ShadowDad...
I feel for you. No matter what we know about them being okay where they are now, there is nothing like the life we shared together. I feel the same.

Time takes away the acute pain. But it doesn't take away the yearning, which I still feel now.

I felt like you do. I wanted to go with my girl. I lay down on the ground and asked to go too, with all my Heart. I prayed to God to go with her. Sometimes I still wish that had been answered -even for all I know and have learned since. And there have been so many blessings I have been given since she passed.
Even from what I have learned since she left, I loved our happy simple joyful ordinary days more than that.

It is so hard here without them. They love us. They know there is a "big picture", and they know that we have to continue here until it is "time" for us to go home. And they understand that.
But we want to be where they are. I know. Bless you. And your dear Shadow girl.
Hold the love like a little light. It is all you have, or will ever have, to find your way home.

Misty's Blog..a Dogfight with Cancer http://www.mistysblog69.blogspot.co.uk

Misty's life after death: http://www.dog2spirit.com
Quote 0 0
Such a beautiful baby and such a heart warming. Story just remember your angel is watching over you every day and waiting live life and be happy God Bless
Quote 0 0
codysmum102
ShadowDad your words resonate with me.  To feel my Cody against me, pet his fur, hear the clicking of his toenails as he follows me around the house, see his smiling face and happiness as he greeted us at the door after we'd come home from somewhere.  Like you, I knew he had to leave because that was best for him but the pain that it left behind is unbearable.  Such a gaping hole that will never be filled.  It's been 11 days since my little boy went to the rainbow bridge and some days, like yesterday, the pain was as raw as it was the day of his passing.  I have never felt such sorrow, or such longing. I've never cried this much for any other furbaby.  He was my constant companion, everything reminds me of him.  I pray we all find some peace to continue on. :-(
Julie 💔
"Grief only exists where love lived first."
--Franchesca Cox
Quote 0 0
Bibbi
Beautiful words, beautiful love, beautiful bond!
And you both are blessed for having had eachother in your lives.
I hope you will be reunited.
Quote 0 0