MarylovesMonty1
Our beloved Maine Coon was taken from us on Sunday 21 April, just 8 days before his 6th birthday. He misjudged crossing the road and was hit by a car. Some kind people saw people driving around him and stopped their car by him and came to tell us, they had lost their dog in the same way and knew we'd want to bring him home. I will be eternally grateful to them.

Monty was my big beautiful baby boy. He was only 5 and was in the prime of his life. He was brown tabby and white and I see him everywhere I look. He used to chirrup when he jumped on the bed to snuggle up between us. He would bash you with his big plume of a tail when he wanted food or attention. He would jump down from the shed and run to me when I waved to him from the kitchen. He was a big boy (7.6 kg) but he flounced so gracefully when he played and was a joy to watch. I work from home and he used to curl up on a blanket next to my keyboard while I worked to make sure I was doing my job. I am grateful to have so many wonderful memories of him but had hoped for many more years with him - though in truth forever wouldn't have been enough.

Oscar, his little brother, misses him immensely. He used to annoy Monty by being too much 'in his face' but they were getting on really well of late. Oscar is searching for Monty and crying out to him, he's not himself so I know he's grieving and missing Monty too. We're trying to be as normal as possible with him but he can see we,re upset. We had to have our budgie, Gemma, put to sleep last week because she had cancer and losing Monty as well less than a week after losing our little Jewel feels like my heart's been ripped out.

I know time will help Nigel (my husband) and I to heal but it's all so raw at the moment. It's a beautiful day outside, it's spring and the sun's shining but it holds little joy for me.
Mary
Quote 0 0
AmyMew
Monty looks like such a beautiful cat. I am so sorry for your loss. The way you speak of him reminds me of how my cat Crystal used to be. She too would jump up onto the bed and and snuggle up between us and come running to me when I waved at her. I think one of my biggest fears is losing a beloved pet to an accident - I can't imagine how difficult it must be, so I just wanted to say that you and Monty will be in my thoughts.
My darling Crystal I love you and miss you so much. Until we meet again in the next life. You will forever be in my heart. Say hello to Nan, Grandad Harry and Sammy. May they look after you until I can be with you all once more.
Quote 0 0
MarylovesMonty1
Thank you so much it helps to know there are other people who love and miss their pets when they pass over.. It may be natural for us but sadly not all animals are loved. I always worry when they're out and about and am looking at enclosing my garden to keep Oscar safe even if it means moving house.

I held a little vigil for him yesterday, lit a candle and burned some healing incense for both of us. I just sat and told him how much I loved and will always love him, about all my memories of him and how much we'll miss him. Then we took him to Willow Haven for cremation, I can't tell you how hard it was to say goodbye. I know I'll see him at the Rainbow Bridge when my time comes but that does little to ease the pain of losing him at the moment.

Today I took the incense ashes and scattered them around the garden in all the places he loved and on the spot where we found him to ease the trauma his spirit went through and to help me deal with the heartache I feel when I see his favourite spots. My husband would think I was nuts but we all have to honour our loved ones in a way that feels right for us. I am lucky to have spiritually minded friends who love animals and who are providing me with wonderful support. I was worried that Monty might be alone trying to work out what's happened then I realised know that he is with other animal spirits who will help him to adjust to being back home in spirit.

Crystal and Monty will always be in our hearts. I know that the pain of losing them is just a reflection of our love for them and the joy they bought into our lives so I will shed my tears gladly in remember acne of them both.

Bless you.

Mary

Mary
Quote 0 0
julieandfurbabies
I am so very sorry for your loss my friend.  My heart is breaking for you and I feel your grief

Love Julie x
Quote 0 0
MarylovesMonty1
Thank you Julie. Losing a pet is always painful. We never expected to lose Monty in this way and the shock has been awful. On one level I know that he's crossed over but I still expect to see him walk through the door. Scattering the incense ashes yesterday helped - I have moments when I can look at his favourite spots and almost see him there without crying. I know the pain will ebb eventually but we only lost him three days ago today and It hurts a great deal at the moment.

I'm going to pull together all his photo's and make a photo book of him. I just wish I'd taken more photos of him and that I had one of us together - we always thought there would be plenty time to do this. Losing him has reminded us to live in the moment and make the best of every day because you never know what's round the corner. Thankfully I took a few photos of him only last week and filmed him playing and am so pleased I did.

Thinking of you and your baby.
Mary
Quote 0 0
julieandfurbabies
Dear Mary
Iv been thinking of you.  What a beauty Monty was and still is.  That would be so precious to get all Monty's photos together and make up a book of his life. That would be somethnig to cherish for always.  
Those are very wise words to live for the moment
Monty will always be with you in your heart and in spirit x

Love Julie x
Quote 0 0