Bichonz Show full post »
Bichonz
We brought Mickey's ashes home today. I choked up a bit as we put him where he will rest. And it triggered a memory:

On Saturday the 4th, we put Mickey Mouse in his "car" bed in the dining room so he could look out to the backyard. I was doing something else when I heard someone running into the kitchen. It wasn't Joey, it was Mickey Mouse! He was so tired, yet he put on a last burst of energy and RAN into the kitchen towards the water bowl. I made it to the kitchen just in time to see him stumble as he arrived at the bowl. He was so tired he couldn't drink from the bowl. I MISSED SEEING HIM RUNNING FOR THE LAST TIME!
Quote 0 0
Bichonz
Today (Saturday the 25th) is Mickey's 3rd week anniversary. I just remembered that 2 years ago, I "published" a very amateurish webcomic that featured Joey and Mickey. I wondered whether I could bear to only draw Joey. Then the perfect script for the 3rd strip (yes, I've only published 2) came into my head, and I broke down crying. I'm going to try to draw it soon.
Quote 0 0
Bichonz
I just finished writing a letter to Mickey. I choked up when writing several sections, but hopefully the release of some of the grief inside me that I’ve been holding in will let me sleep better tonight.
Quote 0 0
Bichonz
Tomorrow is Mickey’s 4-week anniversary, but I’m feeling numb inside... why can’t I feel sad?
Quote 0 0
Bichonz
Dear Beloved Mickey,

Today it has been 4 weeks since you were called away from us. Your Mommy and Daddy are still so sad that you have left us. Your passing came as a complete surprise to us, but we're glad that you went quickly, without any pain. Daddy has begun selecting the pictures he will use to create the book in your honor, but he has not finished yet. There was a mixup with the order of the pendant with your ashes, but when it gets resolved, we will have two pendants, one rose and the other red, for the cost of only one.

We can already see your influence on Joey. He has started doing things that only you used to do, and showing the attitude and spirit that only you used to have.

We will always love you and remember you. We hope you will visit us in our memory and our dreams, since you cannot visit us in person.
Quote 0 0
Bichonz
Mickey, today is your 5th week anniversary. Mommy and Daddy are still sad, but we are slowly beginning to heal. Daddy has finished selecting the best and funniest pictures of you, and is beginning to upload the photos and them will start assembling the photo book. He may take the best of the best and upload them to Flickr.

We still can't believe you left us so quickly, and we will always remember you. Please visit us whenever you want to, we will always welcome you home.
Quote 0 0