lucysdad
I'm not sure if my post goes here. If not, please feel free to move it.

I'm in deep grieving and pain the last couple of days. I had a dog for nine years, and her name was Lucy. She was a silver (I call it) Miniature Schnauzer with beady and beautiful eyes you could have got lost in. 

Sunday, I had to have her euthanized, as I had no choice whatsoever after seeing her suffer stomach cancer for weeks. I was in denial for a while, thinking and hoping she would pull out of it. Of course, she never did. It was all a shock to me, and I feel hollow, sad and she's on my mind 24/7. I can't pull out of it. It's so heart crushing. I need to hear from others about how you helped yourselves with this grieving. I keep thinking she's not existing at all, and question whether her soul is in heaven. The thought of her just not existing at all crushes me into darkness. 

I have another dog here, and he grew up with Lucy. They were pups together, cuddled one another and grew together. He's grieving as well. He will be ten in September, and I know this is stressing him out.

Thank you, Lucy's dad
Lucy's dad 
Quote 0 0
curcumas
I understand denial. My girl had kidney disease and she would get worse then have a few good days then bad again. I was so used to this cycle that I had convinced myself she was this anomaly and would be fine. When I had to let her go I felt like I was in shock. I also really struggled with my girl not existing. Where was she, did she know I was missing her so. My son drew me a rainbow bridge with my baby girl on it and I lost it. It was so sweet, but it just made the sadness so much more tangible. I don’t have any answers for you, but for me I prefer to believe I will see my baby again. We have such a bond with our pets. Sometimes it feels like the deepest bond we can have. Your other dog will probably go through a period of grief as well. Comforting each other is the best you can do. I am so sorry for the loss you your sweet Lucy.
Quote 0 0
JennyTeddy
Lucy’s Dad,

I’m so deeply sorry for the loss of your baby Lucy, she sounds beautiful. My heart breaks for you. I lost my baby boy Teddy to CHF Sunday May 6, 2018 at 5:20am. He passed away on his own not knowing that wiuldnbe the last time I look into his sweet eyes... Writing that still makes my heart ache, I can feel it. I still cry, as I am now writing about him. It’s so hard and I’m so so sorry you have to endure this pain of losing Lucy.
I know there is no words I can say to take away the pain.

It’s been 2 months since I have lost Teddy and everyday still feel like the first day I lost him. I cry everyday, my heart shatters every morning I don’t wake up to him. I had him for 10 years 8 months.

I truly believe without a doubt that your baby Lucy is with you, her spirit is who she is and her spirit never dies only moves into a different form. She isn’t gone for good, she is still with you. I pray she gives you a sign letting you know she is still with you.

Grief is painfully hard, this is my first time experiencing it, Teddy is my soul mate, my heart dog. Losing him has been a nightmare. My best advice is be gentle and patient with yourself, grief is not to be rushed, it can’t be rushed, just cry as much as you can, don’t hold back emotions, write about your sweet Lucy here, share photos, memories, talk about her last day and leading up to her last day, share your thoughts feeling sad emotions, even if it’s as long as a Harry Potter novel I mean take a look at my thread of Teddy I write a lot. But it helps, it may not take away the pain, but talking about your baby and sharing memories is honoring them and it will help you be able to talk to people who genuine understand similar feelings because we are all going through the painful nightmare of losing our babies. Everyone grieves differently so be gentle with yourself. My heart goes out to you, sending you warm hugs and comfort. I hope this quote gives you comfort, I read it when Teddy first left and it gives me comfort and I hope it does the same for you. 💛

“You are a spiritual being. You are energy and energy cannot be destroyed. It just changes form. Therefore the pure essence of you has already been and always will be. Everything that has existed will always exist, it’s moving into form, through form and out of form. So if you think we are just this body. Think again. You’re a spiritually being, you are eternal energy. 99% of who you are is invisible and untouchable.”
If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Quote 0 0
lucysdad
Thank you for your words and stories. 

Today has been some better, but I'm still feeling that sinking feeling and lost. It's almost as if I can feel Lucy here with me, but at the same time -- this wall is there. My golden retriever is missing her something terrible, and of course he is! He and Lucy grew together since puppies. I'm relieved her suffering is over, but at the same time I miss her so much. I honestly wish she would give me a sign, intervene within my dreams or something. 

I just know she's her with me!  

Quote:
“You are a spiritual being. You are energy and energy cannot be destroyed. It just changes form. Therefore the pure essence of you has already been and always will be. Everything that has existed will always exist, it’s moving into form, through form and out of form. So if you think we are just this body. Think again. You’re a spiritually being, you are eternal energy. 99% of who you are is invisible and untouchable.”

And yes, the quote does help! I'm a big believer of everything has energy, whether that's humans, animals, plants or even mountains and oceans. 

Lucy's dad
Lucy's dad 
Quote 0 0
JennyTeddy
Lucy’s Dad,

I’m happy the quote gave you comfort as it does me. I am a big believer as well that everything has energy and energy doesn’t die. It can’t be destroyed. Just changed forms. Lucy is her spirit, that’s who she is. She will be with you forever, just in a different form and it’s hard to get use. I feel Teddy with me, he’s given me signs, I believe Lucy will, there’s no doubt in my mind, she will give a sign, sometimes we have to pay attention sometimes we don’t. Teddy has given me signs in different ways there is no question it’s not him, as for Dreams I haven’t, nightmares of reliving his last day, about 6x. I don’t like those. I haven’t had one in about a week or so thankfully.

Lucy is watching over and she will let you know she isn’t gone. She will give you a sign. It’s hard to wake every day, every morning without them. Teddy being gone for over 2 months, I still feel lost, empty, it doesn’t feel like 2 months he’s been gone, feels like yesterday I just saw him. I wish our babies were back with us physically free from an illnesses or burdens brought on by old age. To love happy and healthy. I’d give anything to have that. I miss Teddy a lot. As I know you miss Lucy a ton. I pray Lucy gives you a sign soon. Hugs 🐾💛🐶
If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Quote 0 0
MAlcindor
Lucy's dad, I am so sorry for your loss. I can tell you loved your Lucy very much. My experience has been that some days are ok and then other days are just really, really bad. Today I can't even think about my babies and not tear up. I haven't been able to eat a meal in 7 days. I am just so broken and the knot in my stomach doesn't go away. Hopefully you and your other dog comfort each other and get through this terrible pain.
Quote 0 0
msweet13
Dearest Lucy's Dad - Thank you for posting on Brutus' thread and for your kind words. I am so sorry to hear of your loss of your beloved Lucy. She sounds like a beautiful miniature schnauzer--silver is so becoming on this breed. My Brutus, although 100% miniature schnauzer had a black beard, less beady eyes, and was on the tall side--he was truly beautiful. And his disposition was relatively calm, compared to his much smaller brother Romeo (my sister's baby). The younger kids were all afraid of Romeo, but they all loved Brutus. But make no mistake, he had a very strong schnauzer personality when it came to strangers, other dogs, and really young kids!! Lucy was relatively young when you lost her and I am very sad about that. You know, no matter how long we have our fur-babies, it is always "too young" when we lose them!

itdoesntgetbetter.jpg 

Take care of yourself. I wish you warm hugs and blessings of comfort.
Denise (Brutus' Mom)
Brutus von Dolce
06/19/2006 - 03/16/2018
RIP my sweet beautiful boy
Quote 0 0
lucysdad
JennyTeddy wrote:
Lucy’s Dad,

I’m happy the quote gave you comfort as it does me. I am a big believer as well that everything has energy and energy doesn’t die. It can’t be destroyed. Just changed forms. Lucy is her spirit, that’s who she is. She will be with you forever, just in a different form and it’s hard to get use. I feel Teddy with me, he’s given me signs, I believe Lucy will, there’s no doubt in my mind, she will give a sign, sometimes we have to pay attention sometimes we don’t. Teddy has given me signs in different ways there is no question it’s not him, as for Dreams I haven’t, nightmares of reliving his last day, about 6x. I don’t like those. I haven’t had one in about a week or so thankfully.

Lucy is watching over and she will let you know she isn’t gone. She will give you a sign. It’s hard to wake every day, every morning without them. Teddy being gone for over 2 months, I still feel lost, empty, it doesn’t feel like 2 months he’s been gone, feels like yesterday I just saw him. I wish our babies were back with us physically free from an illnesses or burdens brought on by old age. To love happy and healthy. I’d give anything to have that. I miss Teddy a lot. As I know you miss Lucy a ton. I pray Lucy gives you a sign soon. Hugs 🐾💛🐶

Thank you for your words, as I appreciate them greatly. That's what I always keep in mind, is that everything has energy. I, myself am not a big religious person, but I do believe in God. Something has kept me going all these years during times of grief. 

I'm certain your Teddy is there with you. I believe our lost loved ones, either animals or humans come and go in spirit. I just can't believe they're not allowed to. Maybe I'm wrong, as death could be like a peaceful, euphoric sleep until Judgement Day when we're all resurrected and live in harmony together. Then again, maybe animal souls are taken to heaven immediately after. I'm not sure, but in any event love has a spirit in itself. 

I love the thoughts of rainbow bridge! Our pets are in complete harmony and peace in their most precious and beautiful forms! I'm sure your Teddy deserves that peace as well as my Lucy.

I think if we KNEW for sure where our babies are completely, it would surely eliminate much grief from our hearts. Truth is, they're more peaceful and happy than what we feel! That sunken feeling, as if there lies no existence. 

All in all, and in short, I believe death is deceiving. 
Lucy's dad 
Quote 0 0
lucysdad
MAlcindor wrote:
Lucy's dad, I am so sorry for your loss. I can tell you loved your Lucy very much. My experience has been that some days are ok and then other days are just really, really bad. Today I can't even think about my babies and not tear up. I haven't been able to eat a meal in 7 days. I am just so broken and the knot in my stomach doesn't go away. Hopefully you and your other dog comfort each other and get through this terrible pain.

I know exactly what you mean. I couldn't eat at all for two days, and I still have a time eating or feeling hunger beneath the grieving and heartache. 

I surely hope your babies give you a sign or dream to let you know they're safe and around you. 

My Jake is doing some better, but he's still not himself. I don't know exactly how he feels, but if it's any emotions I feel -- I surely grieve with him.

Lucy's dad 
Quote 0 0
lucysdad
msweet13 wrote:
Dearest Lucy's Dad - Thank you for posting on Brutus' thread and for your kind words. I am so sorry to hear of your loss of your beloved Lucy. She sounds like a beautiful miniature schnauzer--silver is so becoming on this breed. My Brutus, although 100% miniature schnauzer had a black beard, less beady eyes, and was on the tall side--he was truly beautiful. And his disposition was relatively calm, compared to his much smaller brother Romeo (my sister's baby). The younger kids were all afraid of Romeo, but they all loved Brutus. But make no mistake, he had a very strong schnauzer personality when it came to strangers, other dogs, and really young kids!! Lucy was relatively young when you lost her and I am very sad about that. You know, no matter how long we have our fur-babies, it is always "too young" when we lose them!

itdoesntgetbetter.jpg 

Take care of yourself. I wish you warm hugs and blessings of comfort.

Thank you,

I've always told people, when you fall in love with a schnauzer, you just can't undo it! 😉 They are by far the most precious little dogs. I love all dogs and cats, but the schnauzer just melts my heart. 

Lucy's dad 
Quote 0 0