Forum

Author   Comment  
mh6306

Reply with quote  #1 
I'm new here.  On Monday August 2 we had to put our beloved cocker spaniel down.  She was very sick, and though we ran out of time to find out exactly what was wrong, we believed it was cancer.

She was a beautiful dog and we miss her very much.

I will post more later, I can't see through the tears....
CHASMOM

Reply with quote  #2 

I'm so sorry for your loss.  Letting go of your beloved baby is such a heartbreaking decision but also the most unselfish one.  Because of you she had a loving and caring home and in the end you were with her.  She went peacefully and painlessly and she loves you all the more for that.  My heart goes out to you.  Please come back when you are ready and tell us more about your sweet girl.  What is her name and how old was she? 

mh6306

Reply with quote  #3 
Her name was Honey, she was about 6 years old.  We aren't sure exactly, we got her as a rescue.  She was the sweetest dog I've ever had, but boy did she have an attitude!  I guess she was a typical cocker....

We had her for 4.5 years and she was our only baby for 4 of those, then our human baby was born.  She was incredible with the kid, let her do about anything, then just sniffed her, gave her a kiss and walked away.  We took her everywhere with us, except work, and she got to see alot and do alot in her short time with us. 

About July 4, she started skipping meals, not like her at all!  Then last Sunday she refused to eat at all.  I started feeding her chicken and gravy baby food from a spoon, and she would eat one, maybe 2 of those a day, but that was it.  last week we started giving her fluids because she wouldn't drink, unless we gave it to her by syringe.  By Sunday she just let it run out of her mouth....

We really didn't see any other option for her, it was the last nice thing we could do for her, no matter how much we didn't want to. 

The house just seems so empty without her.....I keep expecting to see her, and it breaks my heart that she isn't here.
tikibarb

Reply with quote  #4 
I am so sorry for your loss.  There is nothing like the pain of losing a precious companion.  They give love so unconditionally that life without them seems almost unbearable.  From your post, it sounds like she was ready.  I believe that they know better than we do when it is their time.  They have to let us know so we can let go.  I hope she has found Ted and is running and playing with him and the others. 
DixiesMom

Reply with quote  #5 

I am so sorry for your loss.  We have a lot in common.  I said goodbye to my baby, Dixie on July 25th.  We only had 4 years and seven months with her before we had to make the decision to let her go.  I know that if it had been 40 years instead of 4, I still would not have been ready to let go.  My feelings have run from nearly unbearable grief, to guilt, to anger.  You may experience the same things.  Just know that no matter how lonely you feel, you are not alone.  There are prayers going out for your comfort.  Plus, Honey is in your heart.

Momma_Of_CiCi

Reply with quote  #6 
I am so sorry for the loss of your precious Honey and I know the pain you are going through. I lost my precious CiCi 3 weeks ago and it is still fresh within my heart. I was not with my baby when she past away and that has been the hardest part for me to deal with. She was fine oneday and could barely walk the next. I really had little time to react to what was happening and I took it real hard because I was looking for her to get well and come home. I know now that she is in a better place and without pain and that has brought me some comfort. I know your Honey loved you very much and does not blame you for letting her travel to the bridge and rest in peace. She is in good hands. We will always miss them and wish they were still here with us but remember we will be with them again one day. I will pray for you to find some comfort and peace. God Bless you......

Hugs and Kisses Honey <3 <3
Hugs and Kisses CiCi <3 <3
reovi

Reply with quote  #7 
I'm so sorry to hear about your Honey.  Seems it doesn't matter how much time we have to prepare, it still feels like a ton of hot bricks on our chests.  I wish you much peace at this time, please come back to tell us more about her!
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.