myfurbabies
I posted a short time ago after I lost my Dad, Aunt, all of my long time fur babies, then a newborn kitten all within 15 months.  Now I have something I'm feeling is worse!  At least with my other cats, I know they are at the Rainbow Bridge. I have a small colony of semi feral cats that live in my garage & yard. Daddy & Momma brought the babies when they were about 4 weeks  old & still nursing. They have all been spay/neutered & vaccinated & are happy living as a family. Monday after a couple dog scares, one of the younger cats went missing. I don't know if she went some place safer, is injured or is dead. IT IS THE NOT KNOWING THAT IS DRIVING ME CRAZY! She was one that wanted me to pet her, always came when I called her for meals & was the first one to greet me each morning when I brought their food out to garage. I miss her like I would an indoor cat. If only I knew for sure where she was, I'd have a little peace. Still missing my other cats even after 15 months, this just compounds the grief!!!!
Barbara
Barbara White
Quote 0 0
Mistysmama
I'm so sorry for what you must be going through right now. It really tears you apart I know. I have had cats go missing -once when I was a child, and once when in my twenties. They just disappear and we think all sorts of frightening things. There seems to be no closure just tormented thoughts. And cats do this....they often just disappear.
I guess you have searched for her with food offerings, called/whistled? And found no clues?

I am so sorry and pray that she will return.
Hold the love like a little light. It is all you have, or will ever have, to find your way home.

Misty's Blog..a Dogfight with Cancer http://www.mistysblog69.blogspot.co.uk

Misty's life after death: http://www.dog2spirit.com
Quote 0 0
myfurbabies
Thanks - I have walked the neighborhood, driven the neighborhood, put up fliers, taped fliers on every door for a 4 block area, gone to vets, called  animal shelters, search shelter "found"  list daily, call her at every meal - no sign of her. I know she gets stressed easily, & she has "somewhere" she used to go during the day (have no idea where, as I could only follow her to neighbors back fence corner, then can't see where she went). I can only hope she decided that it was a safe place to go & live . Hopefully she will return home to her family some day. She loved her family when she was here  & LOVED her father. Ferals are different & always have a second "safe" place.
Barbara White
Quote 0 0
myfurbabies
Well , it's been a week since I last saw Ashe. Still no sign of her . I call her as usual at meal time, then cry when she does not come running & meowing. Is she OK? Is she warm? Does she have food? I look at her picture & see that sweet face & remember how she loved her face to be pet. What if I never see her again? Will I always wonder where & how she is? Do her family (feral colony)  even know she is gone? Do they look for her? Too many questions & no answers.
LOVE YOU & MISS YOU ASHE !!!
Barbara
Barbara White
Quote 0 0
myfurbabies
My Ashe came home this morning !!!! Oh my gosh the relief I feel that she is OK. I heard her little MEOW then she came in the garage where I feed my feral colony & wanted to be pet & then ate. I was so happy to see that little face. It was making me feel crazy that I didn't know where she was or if she was OK. Now I just have the loss of my other cats to work through.
Barbara White
Quote 0 0