Marian
My pet has been MISSING since March 16, 2018.
This is worse than Euthanasia which I have done several times because I adopt senior dogs.
ANY BLOGS ON MISSING OR LOST PETS??

Marian Hofmann
Quote 0 0
PeppermintPatty
Call your local animal shelter, veterinarian, nearby pet adoption associations, etc., to find local links and missing pet resources in your area. 

I am sorry about your missing pet. I hope and pray for the best.

Take care.
Quote 0 0
Mistysmama
Are you in the UK? There is a wonderful help website in UK called "DogLost" (they also deal with lost cats and other species, though mainly it's dogs.)

http://www.doglost.co.uk

Or if you're not, is there anything like that connected with your state or country?
Hold the love like a little light. It is all you have, or will ever have, to find your way home.

Misty's Blog..a Dogfight with Cancer http://www.mistysblog69.blogspot.co.uk

Misty's life after death: http://www.dog2spirit.com
Quote 0 0
Lamont
Like others say, Local reeources are your best chance for reuniting.

Local papers, websites that list Lost Pets, and posters with pictures and your contact information.

Check with your neighborhood friends and shop owners, school kids do a lot of walking around and see more stuff than anyone, so put your posters near schools, offer a reward for info leading to finding your dog.

Check at restaurants since dogs often forage or beg near them, check dog parks, popular walking trails where other dogs are walked. Put up posters in park parking lots, everywhere.

If there is a Next Door internet message group for your immediate area post photos.

Check with animal control every single day! Leave them photos put them up in their office bulletin board.

Good luck to you. I hope you're reunited soon.

L
Bertie's Daddy
Quote 0 0
Marian
Thank You everyone.  I have done ALL of that.  I am looking for a support Group of people whose dogs are MISSING
It has been 19 nights now.   We are exhausted physically and mentally.  
My dog is 15 and DEAF.   I need to come to terms with it and I am looking for emotional support.   I have euthanized many dogs in my lifetime but this is entirely different because there is no closure....

Marian Hofmann
Quote 0 0
gillysmom
I'm sorry you're going through this.  My cat went missing on March 23.  We've done everything.  This is truly worse than a pet dying.  I always expect to outlive my pets, so I can accept their deaths.  But this is hell. I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

I'm trying to get hold of a local pet loss support group, hoping that they'll understand.

I wish there was something I could say to help you, but I know there is nothing I can say or do.

Your dog reminds me of our neighbor who lost their elderly chijuajua, who was deaf and blind.  Unfortunately, it was never found.
Quote 0 0
Marian
They found her yesterday.  Apparently she drowned.  The worst part about this is that this may have been prevented.  I live in a Retirement Community.  Penny got out Friday evening March 16 sometime.  Of course I went out and searched as soon as I was aware of it but it was so darrk...( I live in the Pinelands of NJ...) I could not see a thing.  We searched all weekend....put up flyers etc. Come Monday morning we called our Association office requesting that they put out an amber alert.
We have a phone system that reaches all 2500 homes in the community...I begged them to use their amber alert phone system because I knew a snowstorm was coming....I offered to pay them....THEY REFUSED.....my Penny was DEAF, she had arthritis....if that phone call went out it may have saved her life....now 19 days later someone finds her in the Cranberry Bogs drowned...I am sick, angry, ready to sell my house....somehow I made a mistake...I let her out....for that I will carry guilt forever but this boards actions are unfathonable...how much trouble would it have been to make a recording and push a button....I ultimately paid for a service to do that but it was too late and they couldnt make sure that the calls were targeted directly in my community....
THIS COMMUNITY Is LEISURETOWNE....SOUTHAMPTON NEW JERSEY.....DONT LIVE HERE DONT BUY A HOUSE HERE....They certainly are NOT animal friendly in any way although they say they are. THeir board harasses people like crazy over COMPLETE NONSENSE....   
I also desparately need a support group.  If anyone knows of one where I live please let me know... I live in Southampton, New Jersey  08088..  This is considered Southern New Jersey....

Marian Hofmann
Quote 0 0
gillysmom
I'm so sorry about your pet. It's horrible.

My cat Gilligan is still missing. I'm inconsolable.
Quote 0 0
Marian
I was able to get closure about my Penny.   I pray that Gilligan has a happy ending.  but at the very least that you too will get some closure.   Not knowing, your imagination goes to horrible horrible things.  Boy do I know that.
Now I know that Penny is not out there suffering.  She has crossed the rainbow bridge and that brings me some comfort.   Please stay in touch.  I will be thinking of you and your precious Gilligan.

Marian

Marian Hofmann
Quote 0 0
gillysmom
Thank you. I keep looking out on the back porch, half expecting him to show up. But I think he must be dead. There are coyotes here, so maybe they got him. I can't stop crying.
Quote 0 0
gillysmom
I can't stop crying. Where is he?!
Quote 0 0
Marian
I am still thinking of you. I know the guilt that you feel. The worse has already happened to my Penny but you are in limbo.  Whatever happens, forgive yourself.  you are human.  You gave your precious Gilligan the best that you could.
I don't know whether Gilligan was an inside cat who got out accidentally or a cat that like my own cat goes outside because that is who he is....
My Penny was old and deaf and I am not sure how she got out.  It was an accident..so I have to forgive myself...Penny was truly loved. I just got done spending hundred of dollars on her at the vets just in the last few months before she disappeared....
There is a lot of controversy in the cat world...Some people declaw their cats and never let them outside....thinking that is the most humane...but I don't necessarily agree....I have had both cats and dogs my whole life.  I know a women who rescues cats. she has a few hundred of them....and keeps them in cages.....she doesn't even try to find them homes...she says thats better than euthanizing them....I DISAGREE....
I have rescured A LOT of animals in my lifetime.  ( I am 64 years old!)  BOTH DOGS AND CATS...
Dogs are domesticated.  Cats can never be truly domesticated...They need an environment that is rich and full.  There are places that I would not have a cat. High traffic areas. I live on in a development where a car may come down the road
at 25 miles an hour twice a day if that.  My home is surrounded by woods and farmlands.  When I bring a cat into my life I take a cue from the cat.  I WOULD NEVER DECLAW A CAT. EVER.  In fact the humane society is trying to outlaw that..
Because every animal I ever have or will ever have is a rescue they are always adults.  One time my own cat brought home a friend for dinner...It was clearly a stray so I decided to keep him.  I took him to the vets and had him neutered.
The vet said that this guy had been out there for a LONG TIME given his condition.  He never went outside again.  He didnt want to! The cat I have now I adopted when he was about 2 years old.  got him from a shelter.  Hes about 13 years old now.
From day 1 he wanted OUT.  Not all the time but once in a while he wants to climb a tree or chase a squirell.  At 13 he goes out less and less...Mostly to sit in the sun on my patio.  Every one has a viewpoint. The lady who keeps those cats in cages thinks shes right....If you feel that you have done the best that you can by Gilligan than try to find peace knowing that we cannot control everything in the universe.. I pray for you and for him.  so many dogs and cats need homes,
You loved him my friend the best that you could....
Mistakes happen, accidents happen. We are not perfect and we don't live a perfectly safe world.  After a time ADOPT and love again!.
Marian Hofmann
Quote 0 0
gillysmom
Good news: After over three weeks of anguish, Gilligan's been found on the other side of our neighborhood. He's safe at home with us, no worse for the wear. Needless to say, he's lost his outdoor privileges!

I'm sorry your story did not have a happy ending.
Quote 1 0