Charliegirl
I lost my beloved girl today. It was the hardest thing I ever had to do. I found Charlie in college and she spent 10 years faithfully by my side. She stood with me through grad school, moves, break ups, and a wedding. Always a shoulder to cry on or a moment of joy in my day. She had so many funny little quirks. I will never find another dog like her. The pain is so fresh right now. So real. I knew it was her time, but how do you get over missing the dog she used to be? How do you get over coming home, knowing she won't be there to great you with her favorite squirrel toy? You know the one that chirps because you thought squeaky toys were lame. I just don't remember how to live without you. I keep expecting you to walk around the corner and kiss my face. I love you so much Charlie girl.
Quote 0 0
chascox317
I am sorry for the loss of your beloved Charlie girl. I'm new to this forum (2 days) said goodbye to my baby Maggie Sue whom we were fortunate to have 14.5 yrs. I have found that the ppl on here are compassionate, caring, and understanding to what you are feeling. From what I have been told and read about this week is that its ok to feel any range of emotions after losing a pet whom you have shared your heart and life with. I also found some comfort in learning that there is no right or wrong way to grieve your loss. Every person processes grief in their own way. I felt better after starting a forum and expressing my feelings, reading some of the other forums, poems also signing up for the candle light vigil that is given Monday nights. I hope that you find a lil comfort knowing that there are ppl on here whom care and understand what you are experiencing..Remember the good times and laughter that you shared with your Charlie girl im sure she knows how much she was loved by you.
Quote 0 0
Charliegirl
Thank you for your kind words. It does help to know others know of the pain I am feeling right now. I am so lucky that we got so many good years of a happy dog and that in the end, she went downhill quick and we didn't have to wonder if it was her time. We knew. We were so lucky she went peacefully in my arms at home, not scared and not alone. I think I am just struggling with missing her. Missing seeing her everyday, all the daily routines I had with her for years. I just don't remember how to be without her. I grieve the dog she used to be and I am struggling with this huge change in my life. How do you just get through the sadness of missing them?
Quote 0 0