William
My William was 14 years old. The most handsome and loving long haired daschund. Always so healthy. Two weeks ago he fell down the stairs. Never happened before. After some lab work the vet feared Cushing disease which would require a big workup for an " old man" we tried pain med to help his hips and legs as he was limping after his fall. He was eating and drinking but had to be carried in and out due to the stairs in our home. It then came down to quality of life. I had to make that decision for my boy.
I loved this dog like a child. He was my companion and best friend. I was his mother and he was constantly right beside me.
I don't think I will ever get over this pain.
I just want to say to my boy. I gave you the best life. I know you were a happy dog. I will miss you forever.
Kim
Quote 0 0
StryderMyLove
Sending hugs, you sound like a wonderful Mommy to your sweet William. I was devastated with my recent loss but am not finding comfort in knowing that they are now in a much better place, even though we miss them terribly. I hope you find a peace in your situation soon💗
Quote 0 0
William
Thank you. It's only been two weeks. Today I was out and said I have to get home to let William out. Last night it was cold and I reached down to cover him. Routine things from 14 years of loving my boy.
Thank you for responding with encouraging words 💕
Kim
Quote 0 0
StryderMyLove
I still tell my Stryder to "hold it down" when I leave. Also have left my kids leftover breakfast for him under the table the last couple of days like I always did. Hang in there, and know you aren't alone as there is a lot of support out there and also I'm sure your William is watching over you
Quote 0 0
William
I know on the food dishes! lol William used to do our " prewash" by cleaning the dishes before the dishwasher. It's such an automatic thing to do is save a little food and put the dish down.
Thank you for sharing that with me. It's funny how we all do a lot of the same things.
Kim
Quote 0 0
JoyAlane
God Bless you. I will pray for peace and healing. Thank you for your love and devotion to precious William.
Quote 0 0
teenyweenybb
What can I say. A memory is as memory. An eternal love thought. God bless William and God bless my Lexus. A dachshund and terrier. Complete in their love.

lexus.jpg 
our love baby
Quote 0 0
William
I hope Lexus and William have found each other.
Thank you for the post this am seems to be very difficult. Your post helped me smile!
I'm not sure why I can't get William's picture in here. I would love to have his picture to show.
Kim
Quote 0 0
Bailey15
Hi Kim,
I am so sorry you lost William. I really relate to what you said about him being like your child and best friend. That's how I always felt about Bailey. Even when you talked about "reaching down to cover him" ...I did the same thing. It's so hard, isn't it? We have all of these loving little habits that we did for our boys for so long and it just adds to the pain each time we are reminded. We had William and Bailey for a long time so of course they became such a big part of our lives. I saw your "4 month" post and then looked back to read more about William. 4 months is still such a short time Kim. I remember realizing that I had placed expectations on my grief. After Bailey died, someone told me it would get a little better each day and in some ways that was true but then something would remind me and I was right back to that deep despair. I don't think we ever really get over it but it will get easier. Please just be kind to yourself and grieve your beloved William for as long as you need because you have suffered a huge loss. I hope that you are able to post a picture of William. I would love to see him! Sending hugs,
MJ 🤗
Quote 0 0