soo

i had to have my 10 year old staff put to sleep 2 days ago and the pain is so hard to deal with and the guilt i feel because i could not stay in the room while it was done is killing me i dont think she will ever forgive me i went in the room after to tell her how much i loved her but its not enough i should have been there at the end for her

Quote 0 0
dustyangel
Susan,

In reading what you wrote, it seems your heart is ripped up inside for not being there with your precious angel when she crossed over...

I'd like to extend my deepest sympathy for your loss...and perhaps a gentle thought...that I've heard it said before, that pets do not "fear" death in the same way we do...  As humans, we've been taught so many different things about the final moments of death, that we tend to fear the unknown...

However, it seems many animals instincts are to go off "alone" and "hide" if they feel their time is coming near to pass on... It's almost part of their nature to "want" to be alone...  In my humble opinion, I don't think there is a right or wrong answer as to whether a person needs to be with their pet at the final moment... I know of many people who are not, as it is too overwhelming...  You are not alone is what I'd like to say... 

And your dear precious beloved angel, I don't think was fearing that final moment the way we humans do, and the fact you were with her at the vets office, and took some time when you composed yourself to say goodbye after she was gone, is in itself a tribute to the love you had for her...

Try not to focus on the guilt, but rather focus on those moments you had with her and said goodbye... My heart feels that her spirit was still there, and knew you were sending your love along with her on her journey... 

Again, though, please accept my deepest sympathy in your loss of your beloved 10 year old girl...

Karen (Dusty, DJ, and Patches mom)
Dusty's Rainbow Residency:

http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/DUSTY101/Resident.htm

"Perhaps they are not the stars, but rather openings in Heaven where the love of our lost ones pours through and shines down upon us to let us know they are happy."
~Author Unknown~
Quote 0 0
jasminesmom
Soo,

I am so sorry for your loss and I understand what you are saying. I could not go back there either when Jasmine's final time came-my heart could not bare looking into her eyes. We all have to make that diffcult journey and do what we feel is right. Your beloved furbaby knew she was loved and as dustyangel said, they usually go off alone when their time comes.

My thoughts and prayers are with you as you go thru this difficult time.

Cheryl and Angel Jasmine
Cheryl and Angel Jasmine
Jasmine was loved
Jasmine was given ProIn
Jasmine is now gone
http://RainbowsBridge.com/residents/JAMIN001/Resident.htm
Quote 0 0
soo

dustyangel, many thanks for your kind words and thoughts it is so nice to know that you are not the only person who is feeling so bad, i have read your words many times today and hope with all my heart that my wondeful baby girl has forgiven me for not being there at that moment in time when she left me she has her final journey tomorrow to sunnyfields pet crematorum then i can once again have her home with me for ever her home

Quote 0 0
Princess
First let me say how very sorry I am for your loss.  This is so hard I speak from a fur mother who had to make the decision for her last two babies less than 3 months apart.  There is one thing I do know that your baby has entered into a place where she is once again health and whole she is now and always with you and there is no need for her to forgive you, you didn't do anything wrong.  Just as some of our babies know and go away to be alone when they leave this world for the next your precious baby knew that mommy couldn't be there but also knew you were right there with your furchild , you see I believe we are forever connected with our babies so your baby felt you there.  All these different feelings you are feeling right now are a part of our grieving which is necessary for us to be able to heal.  I hold you close in my prayers,  please don't feel that you have let your baby down , you have not . 
Debbie Princess, Kaizer and Maddie's mom 
Quote 0 0
Susie_Squillions
Dear Soo,

I am so sorry to hear about your loss, and about the sorrow and guilt you feel now. I hope you will be able to release that guilt and move forward to find your path to healing.  Your beautiful Honey uderstands that the act of releasing her from suffering caused you to suffer so much that you couldn't bear the reality of saying goodbye.  You and I both know that she would have done anything to have prevented your heart from breaking if she could have.  The most important thing to remember is that you gave her the most precious gift of relief from pain.  There is nothing in the world for her to forgive.  She knows what's in your heart, and she knows your love for her has no limits.  She is pure love energy, surrounding you as long as you live.  Go ahead and talk to her through your tears.  Tell her what's in your heart, and you will feel her presence by your side.  You were her person while she was with you physically, and you always will be.

Please come back and tell us all about Honey.  I look forward to reading all about how you met, how she wriggled into your heart, and how her presence changed your life for the better.  I also hope to see some pictures of her some time soon.  I have a special soft spot for Staffies, having loved one myself.  They are such wonderful dogs, and so terribly misunderstood.  You can't hope for a better friend than a Staffie!

You and Angel Honey are in my thoughts and prayers, and I'm sending virtual hugs of comfort and healing your way.

Susie "Soozapalooza" Squillions

My heart is battered and bruised, but I will not let it break. It holds such precious cargo, I must protect it now. (Susie Squillions)

"Memories of loved ones are like songs in our soul." Margaret Wakeley

T.J.'S RESIDENCY:
http://RainbowsBridge.com/residents/TJ006/Resident.htm

BUDDY GUY AYRES~LYNCH'S RESIDENCY:
http://www.rainbowsbridge.com/residents/Buddy128/resident.HTM

KING BING THE GOD CAT'S RESIDENCY:
http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/BINGO009/Resident.htm

In one of the stars, I shall be living.
In one of them, I shall be laughing.
And so it will be as if all the stars were laughing when you look at the sky at night.
~ The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Quote 0 0
soo

My wonderful Honey came home to me today from sunnyfields crematorium i cryed so much now i have to except she has gone from this world, its 2 weeks today simce she left and the pain is still so hard to deal with the house is not the same i am not the same, her bed is still in the lounge i cant move it her toys are still around i expect her to come in from the garden and lay infront of the fire with the cats it was a picture seeing the 3 of them laying there my husband said we should put the christmas decs up today now she is home she so loved the tree she would lay under it and knock it till a ball fell off so she could play with it my heart is not in it this year but she would be so upset if her tree  was'nt there i miss you so much Honey and love you always

Quote 0 0
jasminesmom
soo,

I hear what you are saying. Jasmine has been gone a short 3 months Friday and the festivities of the Holidays have been very hard to prepare for. She only liked orange toys and we would spend days going to every store searching, trying to locate one. When I would begin to prepare our dinner, she would sit ever so patiently in the kitchen watching my husbands' every move while he carved the turkey, waiting for that elusive morsel to fall, just one bite please! Someone wrote me that I should now picture her sitting on the counter watching over us. I did and it helped. Picture your precious one watching as you decorate-picture Honey in her rightful place at the fireplace for she is still there with you, watching over you. Memories like these, will help you thru this trying time. The wave of tears still descend upon me, but eventually, knowing that she is at The Bridge, free from pain and suffering, free to run, play and eat again, have carried me thru these past 3 months. I can picture my sweet baby girl there.
Please know that you and others who have lost their furbaby are in my thoughts and prayers as we all go thru this trying time.
Hugs,

Cheryl and Angel Jasmine
Cheryl and Angel Jasmine
Jasmine was loved
Jasmine was given ProIn
Jasmine is now gone
http://RainbowsBridge.com/residents/JAMIN001/Resident.htm
Quote 0 0