Forum

Author   Comment   Page 5 of 20     «   Prev   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   Next   »
MissingScooty

Reply with quote  #61 
I am in tears. I am looking at an old list on my computer, to start packing to dog sit for a friend. On it are several things I would pack for Scooter. Yes he would dog sit with me. He got along well with the dogs I sat for. He was so good that way. He kind of knew and accepted I had to do this sometimes. Plus he seemed to know they were friends of mine I did this for.
Plus I had a dream of him last night. In it the vet said he just needed to rest for a day. And sure enough he was fine the next day, running around like a youngster.

Purzel

Reply with quote  #62 
Melissa,
The picture of Scooter is perfect. And.... oh he is so so sweet and somehow I sense this "he was so bold" already there in this picture. Thank you for sharing this.
I hope you are having a better day today. My thoughts are with you.

PS
Just saw your last post. So sorry those reminders hit you - I think this will happen for quite some time (so it does with me). Your dream is amazing - it is a nice dream and I do think he is indeed now running around like a youngster ... just in another world. I hug you.

[hundi]

catiebee

Reply with quote  #63 
Ohhhh. That is so hard, to have to go dog sit without him for the first time and to not have needed to gather up his supplies and load him into the car with you. I'm sorry for the wave of grief that came from seeing the list.  I imagine that dream stirred things up in a big way, too. 

I hope your time with the other doggie will go well. And I hope your heart can feel soothed tonight. Hugs to you!

MissingScooty

Reply with quote  #64 
Thanks to you both so much. I appreciate you more than I can currently express with writing..which I am usually soo much better at.
I wanted to share something that brought me a bit of comfort as at times the weeping of grief seems unending:
"When they walk through the Valley of Weeping, it will become a place of refreshing springs"
So, here's to the refreshing springs coming our way...one day ladies,!! 😉

catiebee

Reply with quote  #65 
Ah yes. Baca, the valley of weeping, to be turned into springs. A long-time favorite verse--thank you for this lovely reminder!

I hope your weekend is getting easier and that it feels good to love on and tend your friends' doggie. 

MissingScooty

Reply with quote  #66 
The dog sitting is going well, but is a myriad of emotions. My last night is tomorrow and I am working most of it.

So about dog sitting with my friend’s dog Lila – it has been a blessing but also painful. Great to be living around a dog again, but then I realize how different she is than Scooter. She is a slow, mellow dog (though this might be because she misses her family). My dog was constantly active and alert, all the way up to two weeks before he passed. He always wanted to play and be near me. Lila will chase the ball once if you’re lucky! Lol. However, she does have very very soft fur (it must be like Marissa’s Catie), which is a pleasure to pet. The only thing that seems to perk her up is taking her for walks around the neighborhood, which my boyfriend and I did as much as possible.  This all makes me realize (which I knew sensed) that I am not yet ready to get another dog. Scooter is still so strongly in my heart and mind, and I am still grieving him. I told a friend that in my opinion getting another dog too soon is like jumping into a relationship after a divorce or death. Not a good idea – when my emotions are still on the raw side.

Anyway a friend from a human grief support group I attend sent me the following link about grieving a pet, and how it can be as bad or worse than grieving a human…anyway welcome to look if you’d like. Apparently the story was shown on one of our local news stations here – or at least the article was featured on that website.

https://www.simplemost.com/why-losing-a-dog-can-be-harder-than-losing-a-relative/?utm_campaign=snd_meredith_wfsb&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=partner&utm_partner=meredith_wfsb

catiebee

Reply with quote  #67 
Hi Melissa, 

It sounds like this hasn't been easy, the dog sitting. It's not hard to imagine that being with her has brought Scooter to mind over and over, and that her differences have stood out in a big way as being "not Scooter." I know you feel lonely for him and that's so hard. I'm so sorry the rawness is persisting, but I get it.

For sure, I think it's more than understandable to not be ready for a new dog yet and to know it in your knower. 

Hoping you received a bit of doggie love from Lila though. I'm smiling to read of her being soft to touch and of you and your honey taking her out for lots of walking.

Thank you for sharing the article. Those confirmations of how strong the pet-human bonds are, are always encouraging to read.

I hope your week has some warmth, comfort and encouragement for you, and hoping things are going as well as possible in your world. You sow so much kindness, and I hope there are kind and affirming people along your path also.

Hugs to you!

MissingScooty

Reply with quote  #68 
Ah yes, Lila definitely gave me some doggy love. I do now miss her now that the dog sitting is over. She is not Scooter, but a cute, silly dog. I haven't posted in a bit because I had a job interview (which looks promising and I am soooo grateful for) and also got engaged! yep at 51 engaged again. I sure wish Scooter were here - he loved Craig and we wanted to have him be part of the wedding. Gosh I miss him. I still have not been able to visit his grave and feel badly about this. But I am afraid I will completely fall apart there. And take several days to recover. Something to ask a therapist about I guess. Even thinking about his sweet face and eyes right now, I feel teary.
catiebee

Reply with quote  #69 
Melissa,

I could not delay answering your post once I saw you're engaged! Huge congratulations to you--what awesome news!! I'm sooo pleased to hear this  and imagine you're over the moon.

It's more than ok that you haven't gone out to Scooter's grave. Take all the time you need--there's really no need to make things worse on yourself, especially with your heart still so torn. Keep taking care of you. I am sure sorry he isn't here to be part of your festivities. 

I hope you'll get a job offer soon-soon!

Hugs to you...

Purzel

Reply with quote  #70 
Melissa,

Haaaaaaaaaa, let me hug you dearly. I am so so glad to hear you got engaged - how lovely is this. I bet Scooter is absolutely having a party and his spirit is dancing around you and Craig. I am quite sure he will be around for the wedding as he is actually around you all the time with sweet and joyful memories he left for you to cherish. He will live forever in your heart, my dear friend.
So... engaged with a lovely man and a promissing interview for a new job.... yep, this is how it has to be! I think you will take your time to visit Scooter's grave and do it when it feels ok for you to do so. It is ok to cry and miss him - well, so do I, I still miss Max and I will probabely do so for the rest of my life.

Right now, I am just happy with you

Hugs

[hundi]

MissingScooty

Reply with quote  #71 
Thanks to you both so much. Okay here is a great Scooter story. The first time Scooter met Craig, Scooter was 12. We took him on a nice long walk along a bridle path many use to walk as well. There was a very muddy spot, about 30 feet long. Well, Scooter and I are used to mud and went right through no problem. Craig did not have the proper shoes and was worried about getting them dirty, etc. Scooter looked back at him ever so patiently, waiting, and to this day, Craig says he had a look in his eyes that said "Come on. I am waiting for you. You can do it." From that moment on he fell hard for my dog. Because of my horrific divorce, it took me much longer to fall for the man, lol
MissingScooty

Reply with quote  #72 
Scooter and I Bridle Path.jpg 

MissingScooty

Reply with quote  #73 
That's the picture he took of us, that day. Gosh, it seems like just a few weeks ago.
Purzel

Reply with quote  #74 
Oh Melissa,
What a beautiful pic you shared there - so lovely the two of you. I had to laugh when reading your mud-story, Scooter was really cool. Hope to hear more stories of him. And... I am glad you fell for the man at last.
Thank you so much for sharing this - it is early morning here and you made my day.

Big fat hugs

PS
When I look at Max-pics, even when he was little, it seems like a few weeks ago, I have no clue where all the years went....

[hundi]

catiebee

Reply with quote  #75 
What a terrific picture, Melissa. I'm so glad you shared it. You both look like you're right in your element, outside, enjoying nature! And I'm not sure what the look is on Scooter's face, but it's just adorable.

Precious, precious memories. I love the story. And I love that you love Craig now.

Hugs and best to you this week!

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.