Forum

Author   Comment   Page 4 of 20      Prev   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   Next   »
MissingScooty

Reply with quote  #46 
Grief Graphic.jpg 

COOKIES4

Reply with quote  #47 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissingScooty
Grief Graphic.jpg 
COOKIES4

Reply with quote  #48 
Thanks appears I am stages and stages of feeling better. JOAN SPARKY'S MOMMY
MissingScooty

Reply with quote  #49 
So, I was crying again about missing Scooter today, and praying. It occurred to me that one way to honor him would be to come up with an acronym describing him (some of you have been asking to learn more about him). So this is my first, least painful attempt at describing him, using only a few words - more to come. I must say I felt a bit better after doing this exercise.
SCOOTER

Smart
Cheerful
Outgoing
Obedient
Tenderhearted
Energetic
Reassuring

catiebee

Reply with quote  #50 
Hi Melissa, I'm not sure how I lost track of this thread of yours. I didn't mean to. I'm thankful that the Lord disagreed with you in your request a week and a half ago. I know the grief does terrible things to us emotionally and makes it so that we feel like we can't bear up under it any longer. I do think it's hard when there've been a number of losses and especially profound ones like you have been through. And I hate how unfair life can be with losses sometimes coming too close together or at times when we just don't have enough strength gathered up to be able to cope with them very well. And the pain of grief can take so many different forms, can sneak up on us when we're not expecting it , and can Arise at the most inconvenient times. Not to mention, brings the most wretched emotional storms. Grief doesn't have much to recommend it, except it apparently we need it in order to transition to the next part of our Lives. Go figure.

It's a very nice grief diagram. I had not seen that one before.

Melissa I'm sorry that fresh pain came today. I'm glad you were able to talk with the Lord and get an idea to help you process. Scooter sounds like the most wonderful boy.

Hugs to you and I hope you feel better tomorrow.

MissingScooty

Reply with quote  #51 
SCOOTER RUNNING WITH FRISBEE.jpg 

MissingScooty

Reply with quote  #52 

I’m ready to talk about one thing special about Scooter…

One of the hard things to deal with is the shock of how fast it all happened. Scooter was so energetic, up until the last month of his life when he so suddenly went downhill. Before that, he would play fetch – oh how he loved fetch. Most of the time, my arm would tire out before he did. As he got older, I had to monitor him and make him stop and rest. Same with Frisbee. Oh he was so so good at that! When he saw me bring out that Frisbee, he would jump on me and push off me like a spring (he weighed about 15 pounds). If I didn’t get outside with him fast enough, he would start barking (and he rarely barked).  If I was at a large family gathering, I would of course bring Scooter and the Frisbee. He would bring the Frisbee to different people, giving everyone a chance to throw it (however, I had one particular cousin who was not too good at throwing it, and he eventually gave up giving it to her lol). If I forgot to bring the Frisbee, family members gave me heck! They just loved to watch him go. Many people have taken photos of him over the years, and one cousin did a video of him catching Frisbees about 3 years ago.

If I write more right now it will be hard for me. I admit since I got very despondent a couple weeks ago I’ve avoided thinking too long about him and looking at photos, for the most part. I was told I need to get some emotional strength back.

Thank you for reading about my dear Scooter.

RileysMom

Reply with quote  #53 
Thank you Melissa for sharing that! I know it wasn’t easy, so many hugs for your bravery.

Scooter is so cute with the frisbee! That must have been so much fun, and so delightful to see him run and fetch it. Definitely know what you mean about the arm tiring out! I have experienced much of that myself over the years. ☺️ Such good times though, and good memories!

Take your time with everything, Melissa. No need to force or rush anything. But, I sure am glad you were able to share that. I can see even more how much personality Scooter had and how much you enjoyed life with him.

We’ll always read about your dear Scooter, no need to thank us for that. It’s you who we’re getting comfort from by reading what you shared.

Much love and hugs to you!

Purzel

Reply with quote  #54 
Hi Melissa,
Thank you for sharing your story and this very happy picture of Scooter. Scooter just came alive in front of my eyes- such beautiful story written with so much love. Funny how he 'gave everybody a chance' to play with him - it really made me smile, what a lovely little dog. I am sure it was not easy for you to write this, Melissa - just take your time. This is your thread and we will always read and follow on whatever you wish to say here. 

And yes, just like Val said, it is you giving us smiles and comfort, easing our grief a little when we read what you share with us.

Hugs

[hundi]

MissingScooty

Reply with quote  #55 
Thanks to you both. I will try eventually to write enough for a book or article (I was a newspaper reporter at one point, and poet). I didn't like writing "hard news" stories, but did enjoy what were called "human interest" articles, and humor pieces. I have also written short devotionals.
Today, one of my clients I am an aide for, said again how much he misses Scooter. That was difficult to hear but I know he needs to also express his grief. All I could say in reply was "He was such a great dog."  Kinda lame but all I could think of, without bawling then and there.

RileysMom

Reply with quote  #56 
Naw, not lame at all. Short, sweet and to the point. And besides, those tears just have a way of sneaking out when you least want them to. So better safe than sorry. 😉

I had forgotten you said, at least I think you did, that you had written for a newspaper. I hope one day you do write something about Scooter. I think that would be really lovely. 😊

catiebee

Reply with quote  #57 
Hi Melissa, 

I love the picture of Scooter holding his frisbee. I think it's remarkable that such a little guy was so great with a frisbee. He must have had a lot of strength and dexterity. And playing frisbee must have put him in his element somehow. What a bold little character, too, to make the rounds with people at gatherings to find playmates, ones who would take the time to play fetch and chase with him and his frisbee! I'm very glad you have the video, too.

I very much understand needing to get your emotional legs back under you. Sometimes trying to take a rest from it is all you can do.

That is so interesting about your previous line of work, the writing/reporting. And it is so cool that you've written poetry. I was in PR for a few years and worked with several publications. 

Melissa, if there's a way to do that, I think "He was such a great dog" captures it all in one phrase.

Keep taking care of you--'tis a tough journey. Sending heartfelt hugs and wishes for your days and weeks to get easier.

MissingScooty

Reply with quote  #58 
SCOOTER PUPPY.jpg 

MissingScooty

Reply with quote  #59 
Okay so I don't know how to resize that picture, but that is Scooter - probably at 4 months old - as his ears were not erect yet....
MissingScooty

Reply with quote  #60 
Catiebee I just now saw your last post to me - thank you so much.
Yes he was amazingly agile and strong for his size. He kept up his muscle tone almost to the very end, because he went so fast (sniff). :(  He could jump so high! Boing boing boing! His back legs were like a kangaroo's. He was such an inclusive dog - wanting several people to play with him, lol. It's funny that he was so bold. The breeder told me he was the one picked on by his littermates. Maybe he decided he'd had enough!

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.