MissingScooty Show full post »
Brownie74
Hi Melissa
I'm so happy to hear you a d your Husband are doing well. And have adopted Philbert. I know you will do great with Him, and don't you worry, Scooter knows how you feel! And He is happy to see His Best Mommy happy again. I think to myself, how I must seem to Brownie with all my constant sadness and grief, and I'm sure he's saying enough now, be happy! So is Scooter, just do your best. Take it day by day, and I think it will turn out well for you all...Best wishes, Jess
My boy, Brownie
Quote 0 0
Purzel
Melissa, dearest

How lovely to hear from you again and to hear the good news. Philbert, what a lovely name and where is the pic of him? And of course would I love to see the painting that your uncle did of Scooter.

First things first – so lovely Scooter. Melissa, you will forever miss Scooter – I do not believe that this will ever end, but you will certainly learn to accept and live with this. Life goes on and nothing ever stays  - there is constant change. And Scooter should be in your memories until the end of time, in a nice, calm and constant way.

Now Philbert – I am so glad to read you have a new challenge, a new love and a new start with a new dog. Of course are you ready for the new – it will certainly not be like the old – the new is always connected to some fears as it is the unknown. So I would suggest to open your heart for the new family member like you opened your heart for Craig.

A marriage takes some time, living together takes some time and the acceptance that the two of you are of course different people with different styles. It should be like that otherwise you could talk to your mirror, lol.

I kinda envy you for all the new challenges in your life that you will certainly master very well.

My best wishes are with you, with your husband Craig and the new member of the family: Philbert. Scooter is surely very proud of you, dear friend.

Big fat hugs
Silvia

Silvia (with Max forever in my heart)

[hundi]

Quote 0 0
MissingScooty
Scooter Painting by Bill George.jpe 
Missing and loving Scooter Forever
- Melissa
Quote 0 0
MissingScooty
So there it is, the painting done by my uncle. A wedding gift for Craig and I. (Well I think mostly me as i have known Scooter 14 years, Craig knew him 2 lol). My uncle actually gets paid to be an artist, so this is quite the gift. As I wrote, I feel as if Scooter is in our living room with us.
Our adopted rescue dog Philbert was a bit stressed the night he came (after the 50 minute car ride)...and he barked at it and barked. I had to take it down for a few days. Then I re-introduced the painting to him at eye level to show him Scooter the painting is not a threat, and Philbert actually licked the painting (Shhh! don't tell my uncle this!)...Yep, he kissed Scooter right on the lips. I kid you not.

Thank you Brownie's Mom Jess, Silvia, and Catie Bee. Next I will post photos of Philbert, but perhaps under a different topic.
- Melissa
Quote 0 0
Purzel
Wow!
Absolutely beautiful and absolutely Scooter. I think he deserved "the kiss" . Thank you so much for sharing this with us.

Many hugs

[hundi]

Quote 0 0
catiebee
Hey there, Melissa! It's great to see you here and to hear how things are going. I'm so glad for your update!  

You've had a lot going on. 

Melissa, the painting is just stunning. I'm just marveling at how well your uncle captured not only Scooter's likeness, but also his essence, for lack of a better word. Of course, I've only seen the photos you've shared, but I think he did an amazing, completely amazing, job with his portrait! What a wonderful gift! 

And heartiest congratulations on your new family member! That is such lovely news. I hope it will be such a great encouragement to have Philbert and that his dogliness will fill your heart with fresh joy. No doubt, it'll take time for everyone to get used to each other, but I hope that process will be a good adventure. Hoping fun memories are already being built, as you find your way with his personality and discover his unique attributes. I love hearing that he is such a friendly boy. I hope the separation anxiety will ease soon as he learns he is yours for keeps.  

That is amazing, that Philbert thought the painting was real and barked at it so much that you had to put it out of sight for a bit. And then the kiss! What? That is just wild!! It's great news that he was able to accept the portrait once he saw it up close.

I think it takes just as long as it takes, to be able to welcome a new furry love. After a previous loss in 2005, I was ready in only a couple months. Every loss and season of life is different, though! I'm so tickled for you, that you have this lovely new boy in your life!

As for Scooter, he would never doubt your love. Not in a million years. I'm not surprised the grief has been rekindled, but I hope it eases and can blend into the background more, instead of being so sharp. 

Many hugs to you!

Catie
-Missing Marissa deeply
Quote 0 0
MissingScooty

Scooter the end of this week marks two years since you passed in my arms at 2 a.m.  You went downhill so so fast. Who knows how long you hid your illness. Even the vets didn’t think it was yet “time” to make any decision.  But, you made it for me. In your last final act of love, you allowed me to hold you close in your final hours of life.

I bought you a beautiful Christmas yule log arrangement for your grave, but we have had much snow and I did not want the pretty arrangement to be encased over in snow. Most has melted so I hope to bring it to your spot this weekend. Since I can no longer buy you new Christmas toys, this will have to do.

I have a new dog now – for four months, but he is nothing like you of course. And he has done nothing to help me get over missing you. Oh yes, I still miss you – very much. I miss the special bond we had. We just seemed – connected, so connected. You were the most sensitive, yet playful and energetic dog I have known. It nearly killed me that I could not save you from death. Yes, the grief of losing you nearly killed me. It was hard to breathe, and move some days.  The pain is less intense and less often now, but on some rarer days a memory will erupt and so will the tears and sharp grief pain, surprising me. Again? I think. Really? Well Scooter, I guess I will miss you till the day I die, when I will see you again. Mommy loves you.

- Melissa
Quote 0 0
catiebee
Dear Melissa, 

It is still so terribly hard, isn't it? I'm just so sorry. And I understand. My heart deeply wishes Scooter could have remained with you for years longer and that you wouldn't have had to sustain such a profound and far-reaching loss. I'm sorry too that he was taken so quickly and unexpectedly. 

Your yule log sounds very pretty and touching. I hope your weather cooperates this weekend. 

I know you love your sweet boy, heart and soul and with all your being. He's precious beyond words and no one and nothing will ever take his place. We can look forward to an incredible reunion, and I join you in that unspeakably wonderful hope. Because I think that's the only thing that will finally solve the pain of loss and heal our broken hearts...

Mega hugs to you and best wishes for a beautiful Christmas with Craig and Philbert.

Catie

Catie
-Missing Marissa deeply
Quote 0 0
Purzel

Dearest  Melissa,

You wrote such a beautiful letter to sweet Scooter and I can imagine how much you miss him, especially today on his second angelversary. I hope the weekend will hold good weather for you to place the beautiful yule log arrangement.

Especially during this time of year so shortly before Christmas many of us feel a certain sadness as we are automatically reminded of all our beloved ones that are now not with us anymore. I hope you will always see the good times with all the joy and fun that you used to share with sweet Scooter and find inner peace and happiness.

Many hugs and best wishes

2yearScooter.jpg 

Your friend Silvia

[hundi]

Quote 0 0
catiebee
Thinking of you, Melissa, and caring much about you. Hope you and Craig and Philbert are flourishing in this New Year. And I hope things are getting even a little bit easier where precious Scooter is concerned. It's been a long, very hard season of grief, this last two-plus years for you. 

By the way, I'm still utterly amazed by the portrait. It's stunning!

Sending big hugs your way and hoping that much comfort and encouragement are reaching your heart and bringing you healing little by little.
Catie
-Missing Marissa deeply
Quote 0 0