Forum

Author   Comment   Page 22 of 23     «   Prev   19   20   21   22   23   Next
Purzel

Reply with quote  #316 
Dearest Melissa,

Your sweet letter to Scooter filled my eyes with tears as I imagined how much he would have loved the new home and surroundings. I am so sorry but also smiled when you were so lucky to find some of his fur and smell him again. I would love to find something that smells Max - I confess I loved to burry my head in his fur and smell him, so lovely, so sweet.

I also have to thank you for your loving words on Max's thread which moved me deeply and brought tears to my eyes. You are such wonderful person.

Now how is the new life at the new place? I really hope you enjoy it now that some time passed and you start feeling home there.

I really do wish inner peace for 2019, more inner balance as time goes

With Love

[hundi]

catiebee

Reply with quote  #317 

Hey there, Melissa. I'm glad you're moved in and that a new page is turning over in your life. But it's hard to have that tempered by the grief and loss. I'm so, so sorry he couldn't be there to enjoy this new adventure with you. I can picture him in my mind in snifferdoodle mode, just taking in all the new scents, delighting in your new place, and eagerly asking to go explore the lake path again. It sounds so hard, adjusting without him. 

I'm glad you found the bits of fur. *sigh*

He must have been an amazing frisbee catcher, springing high to get it!

You're very often in my thoughts, sweet friend. I hope things are going well at work and otherwise. A bit late here, but warmest wishes for 2019. I'm sending a boatload of hugs!

MissingScooty

Reply with quote  #318 
Catie, Joan, Silvia, Jess - thanks to each of you for your very kind words. They mean more than I can express.

Today a sweet memory came back to me of Scooter. When Craig and I had an especially good day together, and with Scooter...a long walk in the woods along with other fun things, while in the car when Craig was driving, if Craig and I held hands, Scooter would place his paw on top of both our hands. It was the most special thing! He purposely planted it right there, as if to say "I am a part of this, and what a great day we had and I feel connected to you both too." If his paw slipped as we drove (I would have him on my lap), he would put it back on our hands. The first time he did this, we just knew, knew he was making a statement and it was a special moment. I wish now, I had managed to somehow take a photo of that. Oh Scooter, memories like this, make me miss you again, so much.

catiebee

Reply with quote  #319 
That is a truly sweet and unique memory, Melissa. Wow, it pulls on my heart strings very much.  How much more that it tugs on yours! I love that if his paw slipped, he put it back. 

The ways these sweet pets found to communicate with their eyes and their bodies are remarkable. Front and center, such a part of everything. They were just perfect at making themselves at home in our space and in our souls. They adjusted themselves so well to our personalities and our ways. Amazing!

I hope this coming week is a gentle and good one for you. Many hugs!

COOKIES4

Reply with quote  #320 
Quote:
Originally Posted by catiebee
That is a truly sweet and unique memory, Melissa. Wow, it pulls on my heart strings very much.  How much more that it tugs on yours! I love that if his paw slipped, he put it back. 

The ways these sweet pets found to communicate with their eyes and their bodies are remarkable. Front and center, such a part of everything. They were just perfect at making themselves at home in our space and in our souls. They adjusted themselves so well to our personalities and our ways. Amazing!

I hope this coming week is a gentle and good one for you. Many hugs!

COOKIES4

Reply with quote  #321 
TIRED SORRY TO QUOTE TWICE WHAT A WONDERFUL MEMORY AND HOW SMART I AM AMAZED AT THE WARMTH AND COMPASSION OUR FUR AND MY SPARKY FEATHER BABY HAS ABD APPRECIATE HEARING THAT CAN YOU DRAW AT ALL WOULD IT BE POSSIBLE FOR YOU TO SKETCH THAT MEMORY AND ASK IF SOMEONE WOULD DO A SMALL PAINTING FOR YOU USING. A PHOTO NOT SURE THAT WOULD BE TO YOUR LIKING. THERE ARE A FEW MEMBERS HERE WHO DO THAT I HAVE MANY PHOTOS AND SOME MAKE ME CRY MORE. I CARE ABOUT YOU. MOMMY JOAN
Purzel

Reply with quote  #322 
Oh Melissa,

Sorry I missed that sweet memory you shared and just saw it now. So lovely! I truly think that the best photos are the ones we never took, the ones that live in our hearts forever. Thank you for sharing this very remarkable memory with us, dear friend.

I hope things are going well for you in this quite new 2019 and you feel very very happy in your new home. I also hope you've had the time to discover more of the surroundings and that you made some adventurous hikes.

Many many hugs and sweet potatoe bread

[hundi]

MissingScooty

Reply with quote  #323 

Scooter I want you to know Mommy has not forgotten about you. I still miss you…I just can’t let myself think of you so often. I know you would love this new place. I am trying to get it organized and today I came across photos of you as a puppy and as a very young dog  - in one you and your “big brother” Cosmo were both tugging on a rope toy hung on a doorknob.. So cute! In another you are peering out of Cosmo’s dog house – so funny! Tonight as I baked bread I so missed you begging at my feet for a morsel. Having you here would make it easier for me to meet the neighbors as I would HAVE to get out and walk in this blasted cold weather. You made the harsh realities of life so much softer for me. Seeing old photos, I have noticed your face and eyes even softened as the years went on. It’s like you became what I needed you to be during those hard times. But oh you could bark fiercely at someone if needed!

Uncle Bill is doing a portrait of you and I am so excited and glad about this. It will be put in a place of honor, I assure you sweetie.  Just as you have a place of honor forever and ever in my heart.

COOKIES4

Reply with quote  #324 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissingScooty

Scooter I want you to know Mommy has not forgotten about you. I still miss you…I just can’t let myself think of you so often. I know you would love this new place. I am trying to get it organized and today I came across photos of you as a puppy and as a very young dog  - in one you and your “big brother” Cosmo were both tugging on a rope toy hung on a doorknob.. So cute! In another you are peering out of Cosmo’s dog house – so funny! Tonight as I baked bread I so missed you begging at my feet for a morsel. Having you here would make it easier for me to meet the neighbors as I would HAVE to get out and walk in this blasted cold weather. You made the harsh realities of life so much softer for me. Seeing old photos, I have noticed your face and eyes even softened as the years went on. It’s like you became what I needed you to be during those hard times. But oh you could bark fiercely at someone if needed!

Uncle Bill is doing a portrait of you and I am so excited and glad about this. It will be put in a place of honor, I assure you sweetie.  Just as you have a place of honor forever and ever in my heart.

COOKIES4

Reply with quote  #325 
THIS SADDENS ME WHEN YOU SAID YOU CANNOT ALLOW YOURSELF TO THNO OF SCOOTER. HOW ARE YOU ABLE TO LOCK THAT GRIEF OUR. SPARKY GAS BEEN GONE ALMOST 13 MI THS I AN VARY ABLE TO BREATHE. BLESSINGS TO YOU.
MOMMY JOAN SPARKYS MOMMY
MissingScooty

Reply with quote  #326 
Joan I DO think of Scooter...If you reread my post it is very much about him. I just can't let myself dwell on losing him constantly or I would not be able to function at work, pay my bills, etc.
COOKIES4

Reply with quote  #327 
Quote:
Joan I DO think of Scooter...If you reread my post it is very much about him. I just can't let myself dwell on losing him constantly or I would not be able to function at work, pay my bills, etc.
COOKIES4

Reply with quote  #328 
Quote:
COOKIES4

Reply with quote  #329 
OF COURSE I UNDERSTAND THAT I MEANT I CANNOT DO THAT DESPITE MY RESPONSIBILITY HERE I CRY ALL THE TIME AND HAVE JIM WHO HAS LITTLE EMPATHY FOR ME. HE IS UNWELL AND I AM WITH SEVERE DEPRESSION AND ARTHRITIS AND CHRONIC PAIN. GUESS I AM JEALOUS OF YOUR ABILITY TO KEEP SOME OF YOUR GRIEF IN THE BACK OF YOUR HEART AND NOT CARRY IT ON YOUR SLEEVE.
JOAN
CazeeKaz

Reply with quote  #330 
Yes Cookies carrying it on my sleeve. But it’s difficult to find many people that will listen.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.