Forum

Author   Comment   Page 18 of 20     «   Prev   15   16   17   18   19   20   Next
catiebee

Reply with quote  #256 
Dear Melissa, 

I hope the memorial went as well as possible. I'm so sorry for still another loss. I'm glad you and your brother could go together.

I was thinking I had posted here since then, but I apparently missed doing so. I thought of you with a smile earlier today when I saw in the hugs salvage grocery, the infamous chocolate hummus. I needed to pass it by, but I did wonder in my mind, whatever did it taste like? So I'm glad you described it tonight. It must be yummier than it sounds, lol.  I like regular hummus quite well, but somehow the idea of the chocolate... Hmmm.

Fourteen years is a long time to know, adore and be reliant on your sweet boy. Not nearly long enough, I know. But I mean it in the sense of your talking about recovering from the loss, inch by inch. I think that's truly the case. Many days, just breathing through your pain and enduring is a serious accomplishment. 

The photo you shared is beyond precious. Scooter looks totally comfortable and oh-so-cozy in that spot! He looks so very huggable, and you've convinced me of what a sensitive, loving boy he was throughout his life--and not only with you but with everyone he met! I'm with you. I dearly miss sniffing of my little girl. Anytime my nose was in range of her, I wanted to bury it in her fur and breathe in her sweet scent. 

That is remarkable about his smiling on command. Scooter must have loved pleasing you so very much! It's a lovely thought to consider the Lord picking him out just for you and smiling throughout your days together.

I'm so sorry for all the extra hardship this season brings. You're not alone, sweet friend. Some tough weeks ahead, emotionally.

Sending heaps of hugs, and I hope you have a good meal, good fellowship and as gentle a Thanksgiving as possible. Warmest thoughts to you!

Purzel

Reply with quote  #257 
Sweet Mellisa,

The picture you posted of lovely Scooter is so beautiful and I am sure it brings bitter sweet memories. It reminds me of snoozing with Max which comforted me so much for so many years. My heart aches for you thinking that this first Thanksgiving without him is especially difficult. You said that maybe you just got used to the pain of missing him as time went – I think I just got used to this sad feeling as well which is no wonder as all the joys our beloved ones brought are just not there anymore.

Melissa, this time of year is especially difficult and I hope you can find the strength to still spend your Thanksgiving with some joy. I am glad that lighting a candle for Scooter and your parents is giving you some comfort. I guess everything that is bringing any sort of comfort is good these days.

I thank you for posting on my thread and I thank you for your friendship. And yep, I’ve seen the chocolate hummus description but I confess that my doubts did not fully disappear as of yet. I promise I will be brave should the first chocolate hummus ever make it to this country. Thanks to you we now know of sweet potatoe bread and I bet it has spread all over the country by now – it might be mentioned in our history books....

I wish lovely holidays for you, dear friend, some joy and inner peace.

Many hugs

[hundi]

MissingScooty

Reply with quote  #258 
Silvia---as I made my Thanksgiving dishes I will be bringing to a sister's house tomorrow (stuffing and chocolate pudding pie with bananas on the bottom) - my roommate once again had her sweet potato bread in the bread machine. Now the smell is wafting through the place and I am sure to dream of eating it, ha ha! I am so glad this recipe made it to your country. It is a comfort food, and anyone grieving a pet needs a bit of comfort food.

I had a couple quick intense bursts of missing Scooter today. "lucky" for me work was busy as was after work with the Thanksgiving dishes I am contributing. Still, as I peeled some apples, I could not help but  realize Scooter would have been right at my feet in the kitchen, sniffing and staring up at me - as if to say "can I have a bit of apple, please?"

catiebee

Reply with quote  #259 
I hope there are some special joys during your Thanksgiving visit, Melissa.  I know your thoughts are never far from your baby. Hugs!

COOKIES4

Reply with quote  #260 
HI HAVE YOU TRIED LAKEROLE DROPS THEY ARE A ME THIS LICORICE AND I BELIEVE HUMMUS FLAVOR. A SOOTHING DROP FOR THROAT AND SPEAKING AND DRY MOUTH MOMMY JOAN SPARKYS MOMMY ♡
Purzel

Reply with quote  #261 
Dearest Melissa,

I remember the times when Max and I shared an apple each afternoon and how lovely this was so I understand very well. I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving and yes, you are perfectly right, everyone grieving needs at bit (and more oh yesssssssssssssss) of comfort food.

I send many fresh hugs to you

[hundi]

MissingScooty

Reply with quote  #262 
Hi....busy weekend and Thanksgiving was okay. I find it still hard to not have Scooter to come home to, or even bring to, work. (though that would have stopped at my new job). I now have two anniversaries looming...my Dad's two year next week (Dec 4) and Scooters 1 year on Dec 13 (though he passed at 2 am - knew he was dying the night of the 12th). I am too tired to post anything else tonight. But Scooter deserves more of a post soon. Work was crazy busy at the end of the day, and I am wiped. I do think of my friends here often and hope to post on your threads soon.
COOKIES4

Reply with quote  #263 
SCOOTER ONE YEAR DECEMBER 13TH THAT
IS MY DADS BIRTHDAYAND HE IS WATCHING OVER SPARKY I ASK HE WATCH OVER SCOOTER SCOOTER PASSED 15 DAYS BEFORE SPARKY. MY DAD WAS A KIND COMPASSIONATE , AND SENSITIVE SOUL OUR KIND OF PEOPLE MY BIRTHDAY. IS THE 19TH DREAD HOLIDAYS SORRY WHAT OTHER FUR BABIES DO YOU HAVE AT HOME. NO SLEEP MEMORY BAD SLEEPING 2 HOURS EVERY 24 IF THAT
COOKIES4

Reply with quote  #264 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissingScooty
Silvia - I forgot to mention more about the chocolate hummus. It really is good! At least, the brand I have tried here in the US. It actually doesn't taste like hummus at all - more like brownie batter.  And it's better for you, being made from chickpeas lol (also called garbanzo beans I think). Have you managed to find any in your country?? 😉
COOKIES4

Reply with quote  #265 
I believe I spelled Scooty wrong in an email to you apologies lack of sleep. WHAT COUNTRY ARE YOU IN. GARBANZO BEANS ARE CANNED AT GROCERY store
Drain blend in small food processor adding lite sour cream celery salt tasty to dip tiny unsalted pretzels in SPARKY'S FAVORITE. SAD DAY ENJOY IF YOU FIND THEM. JOAN
MissingScooty

Reply with quote  #266 
I am in United States. I don't own any other fur babies, however the lady I live with (my roommate) has two cats. One in particular has been very sensitive to my grief and she fetches little balls just like my dog Scooter used to. It helps having her around.

I feel like I am getting a cold. Roommate has been sick and coughing over a week, and also my fiance was sick a couple weeks ago. Co-worker called in sick. Ugh!

Purzel

Reply with quote  #267 
Dearest Melissa,

I read your post on my thread - thank you for writing. I hope by now your cold is much better.... it is surely not nice to have a cold. I send lots of hugs, a very lovely hot ginger tea with lemon, a lovely soft pillow and a very good book.

Thinking of you

[hundi]

Brownie74

Reply with quote  #268 
Hi Melissa
I hope you are doing OK, and pushing through your grief. Just wanted to wish you a Merry Xmas.

Attached Images
jpeg 8b1154b204290aead7a1cf5ae886ebb6.jpg (108.98 KB, 2 views)

MissingScooty

Reply with quote  #269 
Scooter Xmas Toy.jpg 

MissingScooty

Reply with quote  #270 

That’s a blurry picture of Scooter taken December 7 last year. He was very excited about a Christmas toy I had bought for him. In my heart I feared he would not live til Christmas so I gave it to him early. This particular day he was feeling good and was energetic at this moment, wanting to play and very inquisitive about this new toy.  He was like this about every new toy I brought home in a bag….seemed to know when it was a toy for him and would paw at the store bag I carried, sniffing, snorting and whining.

A couple times this week, I have gone back to crying right before I get home from work, knowing he is not there to greet me. I see Christmas pet toys and dog sweaters in stores and I choke up. I long to hold him in my arms again, to snuggle with him, to play with him. To walk with him. I long to tell him how much I miss my parents. I long to bring him to what will be my own new place soon, with Craig. I long to start this new chapter of my life with him. We will be living right next to a beautiful walking trail. He would have loved it. I wanted him to be a part of my wedding.

I will be praying and trying not to focus on the sadness of his last few days, but on the joy he brought to my life. It’s hard though.

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.