MissingScooty

I drive by the hills where we used to hike every day. Some days – especially lately, the tears come again.  Yes, more than two years later. Oh gosh Scooter when will the grief stop? I think it is gone and then, there it is. You were the best hiking pal. So good on your feet…you scrambled up rock ledges like nothing and then looked down at me, expectation and excitement shining in your eyes, your little tail wagging madly. I loved how you never went too far ahead of me on the trails. You would always wait to see where I was – always looking. Sometimes running full force back to me, smiling. I won’t be able to do this with my new dog. He does not listen very well and will take off sniffing something, probably never to be seen again. But Scooter you would not do that to me, never. You were such a faithful, constant companion for over 14 years. I long to hold you again and tell you how much I love you. Give you some treats, look into your eyes and scratch behind your ears and pet down your snout between your eyes.  Mommy does not want to feel sorry for herself and I do love the new dog though of course he is different. It’s just, some days, I can’t wait to see you again…and my Mom and Dad. I am grateful, so grateful, for all you gave me Scooter. You helped me through so so many losses and changes in my life. You indeed were God’s gift to me.

Missing and loving Scooter Forever
- Melissa
Quote 0 0