BonnieNora
It has been about 2 weeks. How can that be? I think about you every minute of every day. I miss giving you kisses. I miss coming home to you. I miss your many meows. I miss seeing you lay belly up in the sun patches throughout the house at different times of the day. I miss the way you'd run back and forth between me and daddy and give us love and be so happy receiving so much love. I miss your huge presence. I miss you jumping in the bed and pawing my face for food every morning. I miss that connection that we had. I miss being able to hold you every day. I miss seeing you sit at the window and watch the birds. I miss seeing your tail flick when you were not amused. I miss you drinking water out of the sink and bathtub. I miss you so much Mischief. I've had your ashes now for 3 days. I keep them on the end table when I'm sleeping and when I get home from work, I keep them on my lap....

My life is not the same without you. You have left a hole in my heart the day you left. Mama loves you so much.
Quote 0 0
LuckyLouWho23
I am so sorry for your loss. I lost Popcorn over two months ago. There's not a day that goes by that I don't cry. I miss everything about him. It has helped me to be able to write out my feelings on here. I also have a journal that I keep. Once again I am sorry for your loss.
Quote 0 0
BonnieNora
I'm so sorry for your loss LuckyLou💗 How long were you lucky enough to have popcorn in your life?

It's all very surreal to me. I do like coming here since I found the site. It does help to have support💗
Quote 0 0
Nic
I too feel your pain. I am absolutely devistated with the loss of my baby girl. She was my whole world. I was admitted to the phsychiatric ward for 5 weeks, because I wanted to die. I still do. I can barely function. I don't see a life here without her. Hope things get better for you.
Quote 0 0
LuckyLouWho23
Popcorn had just turned 11 when he was killed. It's been such a hard loss for both me and my daughter, because we never got to say goodbye to him. I wish every single day that we had never gone away, because then he would still be here. We trusted her dad to watch him, and he told the vet to put him to sleep. We will never understand why. I blame myself, because if I had told the vet that only I could make decisions for Popcorn he wouldn't have listened to him. I cry because I miss him. I cry for my daughter. I also cry because I feel guilty. I am trying to move on, but it's hard. My daughter doesn't want to get another animal. I don't blame her. I worry about getting attached and having to say another goodbye. When our dog Jack died he was almost 17. He was very old, not well, and it was his time. Yes that was hard too, but we had Popcorn to occupy us. He was so sweet, funny, yet a feisty dog too. He could always make us laugh. We both miss laughing. We haven't done that since he died. I do hope that you can find a way to get through your pain. It will take time. Don't be hard on yourself if you drift back to being sad at times. Nobody can love us like our animals do. They accept us, our faults and all. We're lucky to have them, their lucky to have us.
Quote 0 0
BonnieNora
Oh nic I'm so very sorry. What happened to your baby? I understand how you feel. I've lost a lot of ppl in my life and mischief was my rock throughout it all. So now I'm going through this without her, bc ironically its bc she is gone now. It's a sucky thing about life that we have to go through these loses and figure out how to keep trucking along, bc life keeps going on whether we like it or not. I have always hated that part about losing someone/something you love so much and can't picture life without. Sending you love💗
Quote 0 0
BonnieNora
Lucky I'm so sorry. What happened to popcorn that he had to be put down? I cam understand feeling like you don't want another animal. It feels like a betrayal. I did adopt another cat and I already had rescued another a few years ago when mischief was still alive. On one hand I know I will always adopt animals and give them the love and home mischief was lucky to have. Bc there are so many without. However, it is hard bc I'm going through all this grief and sadness over mischief, so I don't know if I should have waited longer. It is what it is now, but it is a struggle for me. Even though I'm happy to give another cat a loving home.

Sending you love lucky💗
Quote 0 0
LuckyLouWho23
Popcorn never should have been put to sleep. He was eating, drinking, and walking on his own. He had skin allergies, and it was pretty bad. What he needed was antibiotics. He had been given them before and his skin healed right up. We will NEVER understand why her dad did what he did. We think that he didn't want to take care of him while we were gone, or maybe he didn't want to pay for the medication. We don't know. It's still hard for me to think about this, to write about this, because it makes me so ANGRY! It's so sad that Popcorn had to die before I learned that anyone can put your animals to sleep if they are taking care of them. If we ever do get another animal I will make sure that their next doctor ONLY gets my permission to do anything.
Quote 0 0
Nic
BonnieNora.. I was house/pet sitting for an old friend, while he worked on the oil rigs. He would go for 2 weeks, then back for 1 week. I thought it was a good idea, partly because my roommate gets on my nerves sometimes, so some alone time with my baby girl, and his 2 pets seemed ideal. I had been doing this for months. Maybe even close to a year.I gave my Bailey girl a bone, I didn't want my friends dog to feel left out, so cut in half to be fair. Worse mistake of my life!! :(. Bailey ate hers, then went to get a drink of water in the kitchen. She walked by the other dog, and she killed her! For nothing! My baby girl wasn't even interested in the other bone. I blame myself for this, and I always will. I was supposed to keep her safe, which I had for 14 years. It was one bite, she broke her neck, and it happened feet away me. How could I be so stupid? How could I have put her in that situation? She was my entire world. I do not have any family, which didn't matter, because she filled any and every void in my life. Why did I have to agree to pet sit? Why?? She didn't deserve this. I had to watch my baby girl die, and it won't stop going through my head over and over. They say it's supposed to get a bit easier with time, but for me each day is worse than the last. I've had severe depression and anxiety for many years, and she is what kept me alive. I can't do this much longer, the pain is unbearable. I haven't even looked at myself in the mirror since it happened, because I hate myself. I'm not taking care of myself, like everyone says I should. But how can I when I just want to die. My world, My heart, My soul died right along with her. I'm so sorry baby girl. :(
Quote 0 0
Twilight
Nic - I'm sitting here with tears in my eyes, reading about your dear Bailey.  I feel so bad for you, that I just can't put it into words.  You are still in a state shock!  It will take you a long, long time to heal from such a traumatic experience.  I know you feel guilty, and I don't blame you, but it wasn't your fault.  You trusted that other dog. It never occurred to you that she would attack your Bailey.  I hope you continue on with psych counseling, and that it will help you to forgive yourself.  Believe me when I say that I will be thinking about you and praying for you to someday come to terms with your loss.  I hope to see more messages from you, here in the Pet support site, so that I will know how you are doing.  This is a wonderful place to come, because people truly understand. 
Quote 0 0
Sampson
Hi Bonnie,
My deepest sympathy on the loss of your precious Mischief. At 2 weeks your loss is still very raw and all of those things you talked about missing will become beautiful memories with time. My suggesrion would be to write them all down in a special book to keep; along with Mischief's ashes, pictures, etc. It's so heartbreaking Bonnie, thinking of you sitting with Mischief's ashes on your lap! Only we, who love our pets so very much, can truly understand what you are going through and your story takes me back to when I lost my Sampson. I did the very same thing sometimes for hours. I feel so bad for the pain you are going through. Sending you positive thoughts for healing Bonnie.
Take good care!
S.

Nicky,
What a terrible trauma you have been through! I was shocked to read what the other dog did. Sharing the bone seems like a normal thing to do. My thought would be that the other dog didn't mean to kill Bailey but to keep her away from her bone amd she was too rough. If it's any comfort at all I would have done the exact same thing as you! You are not responsible in any way! This sounds like a tragic accident and you lost your dear Bailey for no reason at all, which makes it all the more difficult to accept. My deepest condolences on your very sad and tragic loss. It's hard to even imagine your pain! My feeling is that Bailey's spirit is staying close by not wanting to leave you so devastated. Try to remember the love you shared and know she would want you to carry on and some day find happiness. I strongly believe we will be reunited with our beloved pets one day. Please take care!
Sampson
Quote 0 0
LuckyLouWho23
Nic,

I'm so sorry about Bailey. I can't even begin to imagine how you must be feeling about everything. You can not blame yourself, you just can't. You had no idea that the other dog would do that. My cousin gave me some advice, because she knows how much Popcorn means to me. She knows how terribly sad I still am that he's gone. She said, "Popcorn wouldn't want you to be sad." Please think about that for Bailey. Bailey wouldn't want you to be sad. My daughter and I have been going to see a therapist. At first I did this for her, and then I knew that I needed someone to talk too. I hope that you consider doing that. It has helped us, because we're able to talk about everything freely. It's also helped me to be able to write my feelings out on here. I keep a journal too. Once again I am so sorry about your loss.

J
Quote 0 0
BonnieNora
Nic-

Oh wow nic she was just beautiful! And my heart breaks for you to have to deal with loss but on top of dealing with loss, it was so tragic! I am so very very sorry you have to go through that. The "whys" must be the worst part of it all. I have them and I didn't lose mischief in such a tragic day, so I can only imagine your heartache. Sending you love💓

Lucky-

I am so very sorry to hear about popcorn and I read what happened in one of your previous posts. It angers me so much! How could someone do that to a perfectly fine animal. And to boot...your daughters father, who knew how tramatized his daughter would be, yet did it anyway. I am so very sorry. My heart aches for you.💓sending you love.
Quote 0 0
BonnieNora
Sampson-

Thank you so much. She was my world and I feel broken without her. I actually called to make an appt with a counsler, bc I think I need someone to talk to. This loss is so hard for me and it also is bringing up feelings from losing my mom as well, that I don't think I fully greived properly through as well. Im so very sorry you lost your sampson💓💓 how long has it been for you? When do you stop feeling so empty?? Thank you for responding to my post.
Quote 0 0