yoopernewsman
Millie was born in December 1999 - thus the nickname (one of many) Millennium Millie.
Our beloved Millie left us on Wednesday, January 6, 2010 at approx 4:30 p.m. et after a brave three-week bout with cancer apparently in her liver or spleen or both.
She is a springer spaniel mix.
Thank you God for bringing us ten wonderful years with Millie - who is and was a kind and loving soul whom we miss dearly.
I want to say more but right now I am crying again and it's too painful.
We love you Millie !!!!!!!!!!

Quote 0 0
Princess
What a beautiful girl your Millie is , and I am most sure an equally beautiful angel, surrounded by all our babies up there.  We lost our golden to cancer this year, so sad..we had her almost 11 years.  It is hard but this is a place where you will find healing, and one day even though it doesn't feel like it right now you will be able to think of your Millie and smile at the lives you shared. 
Even though death is a very powerful thing, nothing can be more powerful than the love we share with our babies, and that golden cord keeps us connected you will always have your Millie right inside your heart, she is your angel now, I call mine my angel puppies, they are with us. I send you prayers of healing in your loss.
Debbie Princess, Kaizer & Maddie's mom
Quote 0 0
yoopernewsman
Thank you for the kind note. It helps at this time of grief that seems overwhelming.
I long to hug Millie.
I know she knew we love her - as we told her dozens of times a day.
My heart feels ripped apart and I am sure your are right - that someday - the pain will ease. It helps when I think of the thousands and thousands of wonderful times we shared.
But today is a dark and sad day - tho I smile when I look at her photo.
It was exactly 24 hours ago this minute we left for the vet with Millie in acoma.
And she died quickly and peacefully about 4:30 p.m. - 22 minutes from now yesterday.
I call it a.m. - After Millie
Thank you for the support and God bless you and your angel puppies Princess, Kaizer and Maddie.

Quote 0 0
Mac
Know that no matter how hard it is at the moment, your memories will come to sustain you, and those happy times will never leave your consciousness.  The times you have enjoyed together will be part of what remains.

I, too, miss the physical contact and the ability to hug my little sweetheart.  I've taken to picking up her toys and hugging them instead...

Be good to yourself, and don't push yourself on anyone else's timetable...take all the time that you need to reflect.

Quote 0 0
yoopernewsman
Thank you Mac,

I got your message a day or so ago - and it was too hard to write.
Thanks for caring - just wanted you to know that the note meant a lot to me and my longtime girlfriend (got her and our beloved Millie within two months of each other ten years ago).
God bless those who care for our furry friends/family - and people like you who reach out to help with the nearly unbearable pain.
Thanks for taking the time to send the message.

Quote 0 0
tikidikidoo
I am sorry for the loss of your Millie. You must allow yourself to work through the pain, no matter how long it takes. Our animals are our very best and most true friends and it is only natural that we are devastated when we lose them. I know how hard this time is. I have been through it a few times now and it never gets any easier. Only time can heal. Eventually you will take comfort in the memories of the love you shared with Millie. You will always miss her. It will only become less overwhelming. She will live on in your heart.
x tiki
Quote 0 0
yoopernewsman
Dear tikidikidoo,

Thank you for taking the time to help with our grief over the loss of our cherished Millie.
Yes - our friends are the most loyal, nonjudgmental companions who do nothing but bring joy, happiness and fulfillment in ours lives.
I spent everyday of the past 10 years with Millie (I was never gone except for maybe a total of two weeks or less on business trips etc). I always took here where ever I went if at all possible.
Her death caught me by total surprise, and I wish I knew then what I know now. Just maybe I could have changed the outcome.
But I also believe it was either just her time or there was another positive unknown reason she had to be taken from us.
I thank God for the time we had together and I know - logically at least - that the pain will ease as time goes by - but right now its raw.
We are in extreme northern Michigan along Lake Superior, so human and animals bodies that are not cremated must be kept frozen till spring because the ground is frozen and even if broken would not allowed for a proper burial.
Due to volume (and maybe other financial reasons), I found out the crematorium in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan does mass cremations - so you can't be assured it would definitely be your loved ones remains.
But I digress - and just wanted to thank you tikidikidoo for your words of support. It's obvious you love all beings.
My girlfriend (she got Millie as a puppy when we started our relationship) wants us to eventually get another dog - tho she is very devastated like I am over the loss of Millie. She has been crying as much as I have because she too adored Millie.
It's hard for me to go there right now but I told her we'd talk about it in a few weeks because I realize there are many others who need love and care.
But nothing would never replace - or fill the wound or emptiness we feel over the loss of Millie.
Right now it's just day by day - and this spring we are going to pick one of Millie's favorite places where she ran and played on some family land - and hold a ceremony.
Thanks again for reaching out. I hope you get notified of this reply to your kindness.
Quote 0 0