roseblue1
Forgive me for coming on here so often but I feel as though I can write so freely with my memories of Monty.

Yesterday James replied to my post and made me feel so much better...thank you James.

This morning I had my French doors wide open as it is a lovely day and I get so much nature in my garden as my home looks over woods and a lovely memory came into my mind that how Monty would sit by the French doors and make those funny noises cats make when they see the birds...and boy...did the noises get louder when the wood pigeons came into the garden...he had more patience with the sparrows...it still seems strange that they are still here and he is not... Monty was a house cat so never went after the birds...just enjoyed a good moan at them.

If a fox visited then that was wrong...you could hear him saying ''this is my patch''.

A few days ago I would have been in floods of tears at these memories...but after James words yesterday I know that he loved me and he knew I loved him more than anything and now a smile comes on my face.

And I hope you do not get bored with me posting with my memories as it does make me feel so much better.

Ellen.
Ellen Hague
Quote 0 0
Runningman66
You can post as much as you like as we are all here to support each other and was lovely reading about Monty😊I was sat in my garden yesterday after work watching the birds feeding and remembering my beloved Coco who would not have been out with me as with being a choc lab he hated the heat and here in the UK at the moment it’s 30 degrees but I still can’t stay out long in the garden as I start crying thinking about him.He used to just stare at the local cats because he was scared of them😊oh I miss him so so much.My heart is forever broken 

Love Runningman xx
Quote 0 0
roseblue1
Thank you for your reply...I am to in the UK and it is very hot today and can imagine that your darling Coco would have disliked the weather.

Monty was not the bravest boy...about two years ago he got out of the French doors and chased the neighbours cat...when the cat stopped dead and looked at him as though to say ''come on then'' Monty looked at me and my daughter as though to say ''well help me out here'' of which we did d he ran like Usain Bolt back through the French doors.

Monty did not like the heat he was a Maine Coon covered in long hair and my daughter called his paws his ''snow boots'' and when we left for us to go shopping we would leave the fan rotating for him all windows open and the TV on...things we do for our loved ones.

I understand how your heart is broken that Coco is not with you there in your garden...but he is there with you every single minute of the day and his paw is printed on your heart forever...and I could not think of anything better than that.

Ellen x
Ellen Hague
Quote 0 0
Memories_of_Marmalade
Dear Ellen, 

That is what this forum is here for sweetheart. For you to express yourself fully, whenever you feel the need and be around others who completely understand what you are going through. : )

So please feel free to post whenever you like. Some members here don't post often or respond (as they are very sad) but they still do read and your words and story may be inspire them.

Kind regards,
James
Quote 2 0
roseblue1
Thank you James...I shall do just that and the fact is if I think I am helping someone...then it is worth it.

Take Care 

Ellen.
Ellen Hague
Quote 0 0
Memories_of_Marmalade
Thank you Ellen.

Yes, I've found it cathartic and healing to try and help others here on the forum. And it adds even more meaning to my boys life and departure in some ways. As the love and loyalty he showed me, all the years that we were together...lives on. And his love, and the impact it had on me and my life, is possibly helping others here now, by proxy. So in a way he is still touching people's lives. I find that comforting.

: )

It is very interesting how people join this forum in waves. And then tend to bond in little groups. And some return and post to help others long afterwards. This forum is such a blessing and a Godsend to so many of us.

One comforting and understanding comment can make such a difference it seems. Lord knows those comments helped me. So I continue to try and pay it forward.

Hugs,
James
Quote 1 0