Forum

Author   Comment  
BlairS

Reply with quote  #1 
I originally posted this in another thread, but I don't want to hijack someone else grieving process so I've moved it here

I lost the cat I grew up with as a child over 30 years ago.  It was very painful and I too said I would never have another.  Then 4 years ago this little stray wandered into my life, and into my heart, and I knew I had to keep her.  She had health issues, and we only had such a short time together, but I would not trade that for the world.  She chose me, and I know I will never find anyone special like that again.  As much as it hurts right now, more than anything has ever hurt, I know one day I will be able to look back on the good times and smile like I can now with the memories of my first cat so many years ago.  Right now, looking at pictures of my recently passed buddy makes me so sad and I just burst into tears.  I still remember how much I cried for my first one all those years ago too, but time dulls the pain.  I don't have many pictures of my first cat - there were no cell phones or internet back in those days - but about ten years ago I decided I could handle the reminder, indeed I could celebrate the friend I lost so many years ago.  Now she is always with me.

TigerTattoo.jpg 

redgirlraven

Reply with quote  #2 
I am so very sorry for your losses.  thank you for taking in a cat who needed a home.

Reply with quote  #3 
That is an unusual memorial but a very creative way to keep your first cat with you all the time.  It is well done and looks like a photograph.

I am sorry about the loss of your second cat and the grief which you are going through.  You have had experience now with grieving and know that it does get better over time.  But we all probably forget how intense the initial grief is after we first lose a precious fur baby.

You don't affect anyone else's grieving process by posting here.  We are here for anyone who  has lost a beloved pet.  You are with people who understand what you are going through.  Write as often as you like about your feelings, your fur babies or whatever else you wish to say.

Reply with quote  #4 
Thank you Blair. That is a great way to memorialize your friend. Thanks for your support and kind message about Huckleberry. I'm going through a really rough time right now and your support is helping
just_lost

Reply with quote  #5 
Nice-lookin' ink, Blair, and a great way to keep your beloved with you at all times.  You seem like a great cat Dad.  Strays and rescues are some of the best animals; they've captured my heart like no other.  I'm sorry about your babies :(
BlairS

Reply with quote  #6 
Thank you.  Reading huckleberry1918's post about his buddy brought back sad memories as to this day I don't know what happened to that cat I loved so many years ago.  I grew up in a rural area, and when my parents moved to a condo in the city I found a new place for Tiger at a friends place.  She did well there for a few years, I saw her regularly and all was well till my friend took a job in another city and sold his rural house.  I found another place for her in the country.  She was mostly an outdoor cat and I did not want to move her to the city, but shortly after that second move she disappeared and I never saw her again.  I looked as best I could for a long time after.  It still hurts if I think about it, but that has mostly been replaced by the memories of all the good times we had.  I hope huckleberry1918's story will have a happier ending and you are much in my thoughts today.
huckleberry1918

Reply with quote  #7 
Hi Blair, I can't stop getting the images out of my head, of Huckleberry being attacked by a coyote. I have no idea what happened to him, but I'm thinking that he might have been. People say there are coyotes around us.

I like your tattoo. I don't have any but it's a great way to honor and remember your friend.
just_lost

Reply with quote  #8 
Quote:
Originally Posted by huckleberry1918
I can't stop getting the images out of my head, of Huckleberry being attacked by a coyote. I have no idea what happened to him, but I'm thinking that he might have been. People say there are coyotes around us.

I hope those images subside.  It's bad enough having to worry about him not being home yet.  All kinds of unsavory things run through my head when any of mine are gone for even a day.
just_lost

Reply with quote  #9 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlairS
Thank you.  Reading huckleberry1918's post about his buddy brought back sad memories as to this day I don't know what happened to that cat I loved so many years ago.

I had a cat whom I found as a kitten back in 2000.  I kept her until I moved in 2009.  She had a good home and I managed to find her another good home after I moved.  I never saw her again, but I heard that she was doing ok.  I think about her often.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.