Stephtastic
Hi friends,

We said goodbye to our beloved 12-year-old tux kitty 16 days ago.  I had originally wanted to get a tattoo of him before my wedding in October so he would be with me in spirit, but that didn't happen with wedding chaos and when we came back we found out he had cancer and went downhill very quickly. 

I have been re-considering getting a tattoo (my 1st) of a pic of him (not too realistic but also not a cartoon) with some flowers similar to my bouquet.  My husband is concerned that the tattoo will make me sad.  I am feeling deep grief, but other than some stray tears here and there, I am transitioning into being so thankful and grateful for what he did for me in my life and not focusing on the end. 

Does anyone have pet memorial tattoos? Wanna share your pics or thoughts about it?

I really like the work of this artist and would like something like this: https://www.jvtattoo.com/gallery

64595326_142373260172682_6967689433555582542_n.jpg 

Quote 0 0
ChihuahuaMom
I have also been spending quite a bit of time thinking about what mine will be.  I am certain I will get one, I just am waiting on that feeling of, "Yes!, that's the one!"  I have consider a portrait, but that requires some serious artist research, you have to find an exceptional portrait tattoo artist.  Perhaps paw prints, or a line from a poem that touches me.

Where on your body are you thinking of having your placed. I can't decide, back of neck, mid-back, fore-arm, rib?
Bandit's mommy

-------------------------

5/14/2005-9/26/2019
May we meet again soon my sweet baby
Quote 0 0
Stephtastic
ChihuahuaMom wrote:
I have also been spending quite a bit of time thinking about what mine will be.  I am certain I will get one, I just am waiting on that feeling of, "Yes!, that's the one!"  I have consider a portrait, but that requires some serious artist research, you have to find an exceptional portrait tattoo artist.  Perhaps paw prints, or a line from a poem that touches me.

Where on your body are you thinking of having your placed. I can't decide, back of neck, mid-back, fore-arm, rib?

I had originally thought paw prints as it seemed less triggering, but the vet did this paw print into this sand/clay thing, not ink, so I feel like it would not transfer.  I did get a number of good suggestions on local tattoo artists from Reddit, and the one I found is a female, body-positive woman who also just lost her kitty, so I feel good about her work.  I just don't know if it's too soon to be sad OR if I wait and I'll never have the same motivation.

I was thinking of doing it the top of my arm with the goal of eventually getting a quarter sleeve all filled in. But I also thought about back of shoulder so it wasn't so in my face right now.  I'm just not sure. 
Quote 0 0
BlairS
Hi Stephtastic, I'm sorry for the loss of your kitty.

I posted a picture of my tattoo here a while back. https://forums.rainbowsbridge.com/post/memorial-to-my-first-cat-10166363?pid=1308949451

This was my first cat that I grew up with as a child, so she had been gone for decades already when I had this done.  I've been thinking of one day getting another one of my best friend that I lost back in the spring, but I'm just not ready.  Even almost 9 months later I still cry when I look at her picture, I don't want a tattoo that makes me sad.  When the time comes I can think more of the good times and less of the huge hole in my life I'll go ahead and do it.

Good luck with your plans, and do post a picture if you decide to get it done.
Quote 0 0
Memories_of_Marmalade

"I had originally thought paw prints as it seemed less triggering, but the vet did this paw print into this sand/clay thing, not ink, so I feel like it would not transfer."

You should be able to digitally scan the paw prints or use onion paper to transfer them and then have that image scanned. And then they can be digitally enhanced to refine the line-work etc. Good luck!

Hugs
James
Quote 0 0
Mistysmama
Your tattoo is really beautiful, Stephtastic.

I have never had a tattoo, but thought of perhaps getting one done, a really tiny one on my wrist with my girls name and a heart. Ony about an inch or so long. I drew out the design. Sometimes I get indelible pens and draw the design on my wrist. It lasts for a few days but washes off, until I re-write it.
Hold the love like a little light. It is all you have, or will ever have, to find your way home.

Misty's Blog..a Dogfight with Cancer http://www.mistysblog69.blogspot.co.uk

Misty's life after death: http://www.dog2spirit.com
Quote 0 0