Forum

Author   Comment  
Lis

Reply with quote  #1 
I would like to have a very informal memorial service for our little chihuahua Annie who passed away from complications from a surgery meant to save her from a failing liver. We miss her dearly and have received her ashes. I don't want to scatter or bury her ashes as it brings me a little peace to sleep with her by my bed and to keep her on the mantle during the day. My heart breaks without her and I feel like she needs to be honored. I am wondering if any of you have any ideas as to how my family and I can honor her memory (kind of like a funeral, but less formal). I have started a journal where we write to her and paste her pictures. I've also placed a candle and her favorite toy there as well.

Reply with quote  #2 
Hi so sorry for your lost of Annie. I completely understand about not wanting to do anything with her Urn. I have seen many nice honors from loved ones here. As for me I just moved, I'm cleaning out a nice spot for my Boy BROWNIE out back by our fence, that's close too the lake and has plenty of Lizards. He loved chasing his little friend's!!
. It's so hard to lose our babies. I just bought this Stone Last night! I put his name on it myself. I was going to order one but I couldn't not get this when I saw it last night. So I'm also going to plant a Pineapple Plant, but that's going to have to wait until May. I'll be doing from scratch. Cutting the top off a Pineapple and planting it. They grow beautiful colors. So with that being said. Make your Annie a speacial little place and then stand around and talk to her... It's hard to think of things right away, because it's early in the grieving process, so don't rush yourself. Unless you feel ready. As for me I'll keep my Boy by my side. I still pull him in my bed at night! I wish you much healing and send prayers. Please post when you are done. We all understand what you are going through here!
Sincerely Jessica and Brownie Hugs and prayers 🙏

Attached Images
jpeg IMG_20190112_204925.jpg (144.55 KB, 1 views)
jpeg d818abccc00b3366b23888496bb82364.jpg (39.57 KB, 1 views)

PeanutGarcia

Reply with quote  #3 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lis
I would like to have a very informal memorial service for our little chihuahua Annie who passed away from complications from a surgery meant to save her from a failing liver. We miss her dearly and have received her ashes. I don't want to scatter or bury her ashes as it brings me a little peace to sleep with her by my bed and to keep her on the mantle during the day. My heart breaks without her and I feel like she needs to be honored. I am wondering if any of you have any ideas as to how my family and I can honor her memory (kind of like a funeral, but less formal). I have started a journal where we write to her and paste her pictures. I've also placed a candle and her favorite toy there as well.

I think planting a tree or plant would be great. With her name on the bottom. If you have space, maybe a fruit tree. An apple tree? Or anything you find meaningful.

My baby Peanut passed a month ago, and I am still devastated. I have a garden that I never allowed her to enter (she got away with everything else). But in the back, I could never grow anything. I plan to plant a row of Peanuts, and bury her ashes underneath it. My wife teases and says "So she finally DOES get to get away with everything."
Lis

Reply with quote  #4 
I like the idea of planting something for my Annie. I'm not good with plants, but I will start looking for something to plant.

Reply with quote  #5 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lis
I like the idea of planting something for my Annie. I'm not good with plants, but I will start looking for something to plant.

I think it would be good. You'd be motivated to take care of it. It would be, in a way, like taking care of her still.
JoyAlane

Reply with quote  #6 
I'm so sorry for your loss of Annie.💕❤ In 2016 I lost of beloved Rowdy.. He was 3 months away from turning 18 yrs old.. Then in May 2018 I lost my sweet Josie, 6 weeks later my Kokomo... I have attached pictures.. This is how I honor them.. Nightly their resting places are lit.. I still light candles.. I bought garden flags with their names and dates. May God bless you... And heal the pain of grief.

Attached Images
jpeg 1544368569402.temp.jpg (430.02 KB, 2 views)
png Screenshot_2018-06-20-08-20-00.png (1.18 MB, 2 views)
jpeg 1004180813.jpg (192.29 KB, 2 views)
jpeg 0921181950.jpg (499.99 KB, 2 views)
jpeg 0912180807.jpg (521.60 KB, 2 views)
jpeg 0908180847.jpg (621.05 KB, 2 views)
png Screenshot_2018-06-20-08-20-28.png (834.67 KB, 2 views)
jpeg 0704182134.jpg (161.39 KB, 2 views)

Lis

Reply with quote  #7 

I'm very sorry for your loss. Your pictures are beautiful. I love the personalized stones. I may do the same and your idea about the garden flags is wonderful as well. I have a memorial set up on a table with a picture, lit candle, flowers, Annie's favorite toys, Annie's ashes as well as a few cards and tokens from family members. I also have a journal where my family writes letters to Annie and where I am pasting pictures of her. I am planning a picnic where we will read poems, say a few words, and possibly blow bubbles (or something like that). I want to pay tribute in some way. I want to release balloons, but fear harming the environment. I wanted to let flowers float in the pond, but I worry about harming the wildlife in the pond. It's been three weeks now, and I am starting to go back to a normal life, but I have moments of sheer panic where I want to do anything to get my Annie back. Sadly, I have to come to terms with the fact that it won't happen. It horrifies me and sickens me. Although I am moving on, I don't think I will ever be able to accept this loss. A part of me died with her. I sometimes have to push her out of my mind because it hurts too much. I hope that time may help.

Reply with quote  #8 
Grief is so hard.. My little Rowdy passed in August 2016 and Josie and Koko 2018 only 6 weeks apart.. I know however you choose to honor and show your love it will be right.. Our babies get all our heart because their love is so pure.. Their such a true blessing.. I still grieve every day.. I still light candles for them.. Their family and thete is no time limit to grieve for them. May God bless you.. Again, I'm sorry for your loss.

Attached Images
png Screenshot_2016-06-15-19-11-22.png (753.85 KB, 2 views)
jpeg 0113161818_HDR.jpg (80.90 KB, 1 views)
jpeg Rowdy Nov 2012.jpg (212.24 KB, 1 views)
jpeg Josie 2014.jpg (200.14 KB, 1 views)

Mybeautifulboy

Reply with quote  #9 
JoyAlane, I am so sorry for the loss of all of your sweet precious babies. I love the way you have chosen to remember them. May I ask where you purchased the stones and garden flags?
JoyAlane

Reply with quote  #10 
The stones came from a local park around a lake... However, I think they can be purchased from A Lowes or Home Depot or any business that sells garden stones.. I painted them white and I wrote their names, dates and nickname on the stone in a color I felt complimented their personality.. The Garden Flags I ordered off Amazon. The company that sells them is "GiftsForYouNow" (photo attached. They will personalize the burlap flag with logo of your choosing. They have held up very well and their well made and beautiful..I hope the info helps..❤

Attached Images
png Screenshot_2019-01-17-21-36-07.png (284.22 KB, 3 views)

Mybeautifulboy

Reply with quote  #11 
Thank you for the information. The painted stones look great, you are very talented.
Lis

Reply with quote  #12 
I thank you for the information as well. You have all given me such wonderful ideas. I appreciate you all so much.
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.