Bichonz
I took locks of fur from Mickey's crest and tail.  I plan to keep his food dish and collar, and will always treasure his favorite toy.  I let him go with a toy he played with as a puppy, but ignored when he got older.

What have other folks done?
Quote 1 0
peke_bb
I'm sorry for your loss. I pretty much kept the same things you did. I took hair from my the top of my dog's head. The top of his head was my favorite part of him. It always was so soft and smelled so good. I also kept his collar, food bowl (still has the same food in it when he passed), and still have all his toys. I plan on keeping his toys forever because he left memories on all of them that I can't ever get back. They are all missing eye-balls and noses because he chewed them off.  
Quote 0 0
Bichonz
Lol, yes, Mickey chewed the eyes off his teddy bear (which he took with him).
Quote 1 0
Lynn_E
I should’ve kept some of Peter’s fur when I brushed him. His fur is all over the house where he slept. Maybe I should collect some. We’re having him cremated, put in an urn & he only passed 2 days ago & it was an afterthought to get his paws prints. I left a msg with the vet, I hope it’s not too late. I have some of his whiskers from over the years. Will definitely keep his food bowl. 
Lynn, Peter’s mom 
Quote 1 0